smokers

moonchild

Original Poster
yes i know its a nasty yukkie habit, but as a smoker, i appreciated the smoking areas. they were kept very clean and for the most part out of the way from the public.

Beauty and the

I'm not a smoker in fact it is actually one of my pet hates. I can't bare the fact that people smoke in non smoking areas, I do have some sympathy for smokers and think they should be allowed to smoke as long as they are away from everyone else. However I don't think they ahould be allowed to smoke in any restaurant at all, the smell gets every where and is enough to put you of your food completely.

NowInc

In south florida they are trying to ban smoking in ALL public places (they already banned it in restauraunts)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I was "spoken to" on my last trip by a CM about my smoking in the MK... But I did not know the rules... anywhoo... The smoking area by Pirates was sooooo vile and disgusting...looks as if it was not cleaned up in months.... But I still managed to sneek a smoke here and there, in places where no people where around. And no body gave me any grief.:cool:

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I always find a smoking area if I must smoke (hell I have them all memorized, lol). My peeve is the people who come and sit in the smoking areas, and then gripe at me for smoking. :rolleyes:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Beauty and the

Tut, Tut, Tut, thats what smoking areas are for:mad:

Ah-Ha!!....LoL I thought that would Get ya Beauty.... Nah, I Behave for the most part...just testin ya. ;)

I go in the desginated areas now.

Scooter

Isn't having a smoking area in a Restaurant like having a peeing area in a swimming POOL?

:) :lol: :animwink: :zipit:

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Smoking needs to be completely banned throughout Disney World (and for that matter, everywhere else). There's really no such thing as a smoking & non-smoking section of a restaurant, because the smell permeates everywhere. Smoking needs to be banned for the health of non-smokers AND smokers.

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by SilentRascal
Smoking needs to be completely banned throughout Disney World (and for that matter, everywhere else). There's really no such thing as a smoking & non-smoking section of a restaurant, because the smell permeates everywhere. Smoking needs to be banned for the health of non-smokers AND smokers.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Say it again brother!!!!! I also love the quote about having a peeing section in a pool. I think that is my new favorite line.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really love the no smoking rule at WDW and while I realize the people who are smokers should be able to enjoy the magic of wdw also, I miss being able to lounge in the quiet and serene areas they designated as smoking areas. :animwink:

BTW, if all the smokers out there quit they could spend the money they saved to stay at a really nice resort and get some good food.

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I agree.

I think Disney World should discourage the 1000's and 1000's of daily ticket-buying, resort-staying, souvenir buying, food-buying smokers, from enjoying their visit. That would be the wisest financial move yet. :D
BTW, if all the smokers out there quit they could spend the money they saved to stay at a really nice resort and get some good food.
That's silly. I stay on-site, where I choose. California Grill, nice? I eat there every trip. Le Cellier, nice? I eat there every trip too. Beirgarten, nice? I eat there every trip too. And any other restaurant I decide to eat at while I'm there. $100's of dollars of souvenirs, yep, do that thing too.

Sorry, I'm just sick of seeing smokers attacked at every turn. Whiny, uncontrolled kids bother me while on my visits to Disney World, maybe I should set out to have them banned. :rolleyes:

As I previously said, I visit the smoking areas. Always. In fact, I usually go out of my way to find one, due to respect of those who don't smoke. But I guess it's a one-sided respect thing.

Anyway, I'm not going to debate about it. I've had this conversation too many times before, and it goes nowhere.

TURKEY

As a CM, I will same something to anyone that is smoking around me.

1. Smoke really bothers my breathing. I don't have asthma, but do have an inhaler just in case something causes my windpipe to clog up.

2. It's a nasty habit. I can't stand the smell.

3. My Grandpa has been in the hospital over a dozen times from smoking.

I kindly point out the nearest two smoking areas. Near Japan and Italy.

I completely support banning smoking in all public areas including all resturants.

I don't think Disney will ever attempt to ban smoking from the entire parks. Disney has fireworks and uses other pyrotechnics that produce smoke. It would be very hypocritical of Disney to ban smoking and continue having pyro.

One thing that I would support a complete ban on is smoking cigars. They make me sick to my stomach whenever I smell them and find them much more offensive than cigarettes.

Lance

Smoking should definately be banned in the parks. I know you can't ban it throughout WDW, so at least ban it in the parks.

Beauty and the

Originally posted by MobileBadBoy
I agree.

I think Disney World should discourage the 1000's and 1000's of daily ticket-buying, resort-staying, souvenir buying, food-buying smokers, from enjoying their visit. That would be the wisest financial move yet. :DThat's silly. I stay on-site, where I choose. California Grill, nice? I eat there every trip. Le Cellier, nice? I eat there every trip too. Beirgarten, nice? I eat there every trip too. And any other restaurant I decide to eat at while I'm there. $100's of dollars of souvenirs, yep, do that thing too.

Sorry, I'm just sick of seeing smokers attacked at every turn. Whiny, uncontrolled kids bother me while on my visits to Disney World, maybe I should set out to have them banned. :rolleyes:

As I previously said, I visit the smoking areas. Always. In fact, I usually go out of my way to find one, due to respect of those who don't smoke. But I guess it's a one-sided respect thing.

Anyway, I'm not going to debate about it. I've had this conversation too many times before, and it goes nowhere.

Thanks for showing us non smokers consideration,if everyone was like yourself then it really wouldn't be an issue.I dissagree with your first quote though.Have you ever considered how much profit Disney forfeits by not selling alchohol in MK the profit from Markymark alone wuold run in to millions:slurp:

Maria

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

One thing that I would support a complete ban on is smoking cigars. They make me sick to my stomach whenever I smell them and find them much more offensive than cigarettes.

Ditto. :hurl: :hurl:

markymark

Originally posted by Beauty and the

by not selling alchohol in MK the profit from Markymark alone would run in to millions:slurp:

It's true.....aaaaaarrrgghhh.......it's so true, i think they love me in DLP for that reason.

I have to say returning back to the smoking issue, I reckon that probably 80% + of guests who are smokers pay no attention to the designated areas, you cannot walk anywhere in any park without inhaling someone elses smoke when they are walking infront of you.

Belle13

As a non smoker and one who is extremely allergic to smoke, I too appreciate the smoking areas... I would just appreciate them more if the smokers would use them!:confused:

Maria

I think we should admit that the US in general do a good job in keeping the air we breath clean.... unlike Mexico and Europe. Here, the smoking sections are used in restaurants but it´s true, they are good for nothing if you are inside the same restaurant! I was a "passive" smoker for 9 years with an ex-bf and we always had fights when I asked him not to smoke in front of me.... until we finally broke up and I started to breath again! I lived in Orlando after that and had 15 months of "desintoxication" (?), because noone smoked around me! yeah! ;)

Last year I went to Paris and Italy where everybody smokes and when I dared to request a non smoking car in a first class train in Italy, they looked at me like a rare bug... I got in the car and a guy was smoking a cigar!! I almost puked and kept switching places to avoid that smell.... awful... :hurl:

Don´t mean to offend any smoker here, but I feel sorry for you and your lungs... ;)

Camelot

During my trip to WDW last December, of the four of us who went, only one of us is a smoker, and he was sensitive to the fact that we were not, and always made sure that he sought out the designated smoking areas of the parks.

Unlike some lady the other night here in New Orleans, who lite up a cigarette in a crowded area during a Mardi Gras parade... She stood right next to me, so her smoke was gagging me.

So, I just turned around and started blowing the smoke back toward her...a minute later, she got the message and moved away.

DisneyPhD

I stay on-site, where I choose. California Grill, nice? I eat there every trip. Le Cellier, nice? I eat there every trip too. Beirgarten, nice? I eat there every trip too. And any other restaurant I decide to eat at while I'm there. $100's of dollars of souvenirs, yep, do that thing too.

What I ment and said was they could use the money saved on other things. I didn't say you didn't have enough to do enjoyable things and still smoke. No one can deney money spent on smoking could be used in better ways. No matter how much you enjoy your habbit of killing yourself slowly, I am sure you wouldn't mind having the cash for other things.

Whenever I get something I maybe shouldn't, I justify it by calling it my "smoking money." Trips to Disney alone could cost as much as a heavy smokers burns up in a year ( or two depending you do it.)

Thank you for being considerate when you smoke. I wish all people where. However no amount of careful trying can keep the effects of smoking away from others. The conseqeunces for all people are more more severe then a bad smell watery eyes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom