Small world to be gone for good??

General Grizz

Carousel of Progress and It's a Small World were the only attractions that Walt planned on keeping. For COP, he told his Imagineers that this attraction should be continued as long as his parks were around. For IASW, he told Mary Blair to create artwork for WDW that is based on the IASW theme (Contemporary). I think closing either is a crime. Plus, the foundation behind these attractions make up "Disney" meaning.

Dude you rmom was totally incorrect. Small world is like a legace at disney. Young or old that rice is great. Small world i think wont ever leave until disney does. And frankley i dont thank didney will ever end. Your mom has gone crazy and she needs help

Erika

Originally posted by Mickeyman819
Dude you rmom was totally incorrect. Small world is like a legace at disney. Young or old that rice is great. Small world i think wont ever leave until disney does. And frankley i dont thank didney will ever end. Your mom has gone crazy and she needs help

:eek:

My guess is that she was kidding around. Let's not start throwing around "crazy"

DanStat

Originally posted by animegirllover
I can't believe it!!! That's one of my fav. rides!!! Please keep the ride when I go there on Christmas Eve. :mad:

If it really was closing, we wouldn't have control over it being kept open or closed down.

Once again, It's A Small World is not being closed at this time...:brick:

figmentmom

There aren't a lot of things I'd bet the mortgage payment on, but this is a no-brainer - IASW is just too deeply rooted in Walt Disney's original ideas for WDW. Closing it would generate a riot (and I'd be there shoulder to shoulder with darthdarrel!)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Mickeyman819

Learn to spell. Then I'll read your posts.

imagineergurl

Original Poster
ok i asked my mom to show me and she obviously doesnt know the disney "lingo" it said it was being refurbished and apparently the magazine was from like a year ago when it was being worked on:hammer:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If it has been refurbished how come it still looks minging? Much as it is an institution, it needs some serious help and not just a quick flick with a paint brush.

General Grizz

I love IASW...and it's fun to see what's been taken out for refurbishment and what's been added. Each time, something new is there, and something else is taken away!! Even the honking geese are taken away here and there.

Mr Bill

Even when they are gone theyl honk.

EDIT: Why does everyone think Maelstrom Rocks is back?
EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

AndyMagic

NO!

I believe Henning is Maelstrom Rocks. Either that or it is his/her long lost twin. At least we don't have to look at that frightening picture anymore. :(

SirNim

Re: NO!

Originally posted by AndyMagic
I believe Henning is Maelstrom Rocks. Either that or it is his/her long lost twin. At least we don't have to look at that frightening picture anymore. :(

Henning is a Norweigan name - not only a common surname but also a company that produces Scandinavian wood carvings.

AndyMagic

Re: Re: NO!

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
Henning is a Norweigan name - not only a common surname but also a company that produces Scandinavian wood carvings.
Ahh so our worst fears are true. This is a sad time indeed. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom