News Small World queue changes coming

Chupaca Bruh

What they need to do here is cut a BIG hole in the roof and have some large elegant skylights, or one huge one, and at trees and plants and flowers to the boarding area. Leave the facade white. It would be kind of like inside the Crystal Palace.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What they need to do here is cut a BIG hole in the roof and have some large elegant skylights, or one huge one, and at trees and plants and flowers to the boarding area. Leave the facade white. It would be kind of like inside the Crystal Palace.
Remove the roof totally (not the show building, the secondary roof)

Put canopies over the ride path, ramps and platform. Instant feeling of space. Copy Paris if needs be (Which in effect copied WDW minus the roof)

jt04

Remove the roof totally (not the show building, the secondary roof)

Put canopies over the ride path, ramps and platform. Instant feeling of space. Copy Paris if needs be (Which in effect copied WDW minus the roof)

Is this the plan or Armchair Imagineering?

i was thinking along these lines. If the queue was winding and at different elevations it could take up a much smaller footprint. Which could have major benefits for expanding the land. IMO.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is this the plan or Armchair Imagineering?

i was thinking along these lines. If the queue was winding and at different elevations it could take up a much smaller footprint. Which could have major benefits for expanding the land. IMO.
Definite armchair. But with precedent:

E40DC4E8-7571-4B57-80A0-BA71B7032A6D.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Eh... putting a giant photo op right off the side of one of MK’s busiest and most congested pathways screams logistical nightmare to me.
No more than it is now. The photos are only good from the ramps since you can’t get back enough like in Paris or Anaheim to take it all in.

Not that it’d happen.

Animaniac93-98

Eh... putting a giant photo op right off the side of one of MK’s busiest and most congested pathways screams logistical nightmare to me.

It would also look weird because the load area is 14ft below (give or take) the walkway. For it to look decent, you'd have to raise the facade to street level, and even then it might looked cramped next to Village Haus and the Tangled bathrooms.

It is what is is for MK. It's the worst looking Small World exterior, but we've lived with it for 50 years so I don't mind at this point. There's many other things I'd sooner see done to MK.

JoeCamel

It would also look weird because the load area is 14ft below (give or take) the walkway. For it to look decent, you'd have to raise the facade to street level, and even then it might looked cramped next to Village Haus and the Tangled bathrooms.

It is what is is for MK. It's the worst looking Small World exterior, but we've lived with it for 50 years so I don't mind at this point. There's many other things I'd sooner see done to MK.
Or they could put in a waterfall launch......

RSoxNo1

Isn't Small World blocking access to a giant expansion pad? Is that why a move to Epcot has been mentioned?
It's the hill @RSoxNo1 is willing to die on. You got to give him credit for being consistent all these years. ;)
He convinced me. I’ll stand on that hill with him.
Yes, it's a small world is blocking access to a significant area. Add in the fact that it's thematically a better fit in Epcot and it's why I keep saying it.

Also, they should have integrated a Speedway style attraction in and around Slinky Dog Dash.

I'm not sure what else is needed for RSoxNo1 bingo, but there's two of the hits.

RSoxNo1

Which "neighborhood"? ;)
I'd put it in Showcase Plaza or what they're calling World Celebration but I'd like to call World Expo (I wanted to rename all of Future World to Discovery Expo). I think on or around The Odyssey's footprint makes the most sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom