SM update 11/12 - Astronauts are back to work!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Woah....bodies look great....but....faces? Helmets? :eek: Kinda freaky.

Kinda look like Asimo!!

asimo.jpg

Skyway

Original Poster
However, I noticed the "space box" they have been carrying since 1975 is not there (just yet:confused:)

Are you talking about that really big box? I thought that was a FexEx prop added in the 90's. If you're talking about that little camera-on-a-stick looking thing, isn't that what the astronaut on the right has now?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nice news, nice report. I see in the pics the hill cameras are fired up now - see the dull purple ring around the lenses? IR LED.

Brian_WDW74

The very top of the exterior cone is pearly white. It looks like there is a lift bucket on the north (Toontown) side lower cone, but I didn't see workers.

I took a few pictures of SM with my iPhone on Wednesday. They're not the best, but you can see how white the top is compared to the rest of the mountain.

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=38479
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=38478
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=38477

EPCOT Explorer

hack2112

Yeah, saw that! :D And what was that last announcement "Attention Space Travelers..."? Sounded like the old TTA Speil.
Yay!

I think they have to seeing how mismatched it REALLY looks, now.
Exactly. Let's hope they see common sense.

Looks like the same shooting star effect from before.
Wonder if the meteors are still floating around up there....
Wait. There's a real "outer space" OUTSIDE of Space Mountain? That's blowing my mind there.

Main Street USA

I would take what Disneyland has any day.
Wow. Yeah, pretty sure he was joking there, chief. You just don't let up on that, do you? I still WAY prefer WDW's astronauts over onboard audio and exterior lighting. ;)

AND YES, before the Disneyland nut jobs chime in, I've seen, ridden, and waited in line at Disneyland's SM.

Anyway...I think I would prefer that our SM here in WDW stick with the white and blue light motif they've had going on for quite some time. I have some pretty amazing pics of the WDW SM with the current lighting scheme and a dirty mountain. With a clean mountain, it can only look even more spectacular at night.

EPCOT Explorer

Yay!

Exactly. Let's hope they see common sense.

Wait. There's a real "outer space" OUTSIDE of Space Mountain? That's blowing my mind there.

Was that part of the old narr? Interesting.

Common sense!? With TDO!? Whatathought!:lol:

(Seriously, they already started....They'll finish. :lol:)

mickey2008.1

So far the refurb looks really good! Thanks for the updates. It appears to me that the exit spot where the moving walk way is on the video is different, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom