SM update 11/12 - Astronauts are back to work!

EpcotServo

Love the Astronauts (What does Science FICTION scare you Evan? :lol: ) but still waiting on for the demise of Two-Tan Mountain.

dotKirk

Yeah, saw that! :D And what was that last announcement "Attention Space Travelers..."? Sounded like the old TTA Speil.

Nope. That's the spiel that plays when Space goes down. "Attention Space Travelers, all flights have been put in a holding pattern. Travelers in rockets, please remain seated as your flight will continue in a moment..." blah blah. :ROFLOL:
It was the same spiel before the refurb, too. As much as I learned to hate it, I also love it. I forget where, but I found a very good, clean copy of that audio file on a site recently.

CrashNet

Can someone attach the images of the mountain on the previous page into a post? The links are blocked at work.

Thanks for the update. New spacemen! :)

Thrill Seeker

I was just about to report that. The Astronauts are back and look great. However, I was told by the CMs outside the mountain that there will be no soft opening, even for cast members. I guess we'll just have to wait until 2 Sundays from now.

I did get video with the mountain lights on and off from today if anyone is interested.

EPCOT Explorer

I was just about to report that. The Astronauts are back and look great. However, I was told by the CMs outside the mountain that there will be no soft opening, even for cast members. I guess we'll just have to wait until 2 Sundays from now.

I did get video with the mountain lights on and off from today if anyone is interested.

Very interested.:D

Mr.EPCOT

At this point, I'm guessing that the front-line Space Cast have no real idea of the possibility of soft openings, because we're certainly getting a lot of contradictory information.

Thrill Seeker

That is true. This is the first time I've been told that there won't be any soft openings... I might be going back again tomorrow and will check then.

I'll work on the video and post both with lights on and off together. Hopefully it will be done and uploaded before I go to work...:dazzle:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
No previews yet, to me, is a sign that there is more than just basic stuff they're finishing with this...and that's a good thing if I'm right.

enoe01

I love how it is all coming together now, exterior of SM will look awsome when they are done pressure washing it, this maybe the first step to a new exterior paint job depending if and how much paint is peeled off from the cleaning. Also love the new astronauts, I hope they are AA, this refurb is getting better and better day by day! Way to go TDO!!!!

huntzilla

I really love those lights inside the queue, look great. It's was great to hear the old TTA narrator's voice as well. They really do need to put the old narration back in. It just shows how it gave the land such unity and theme with him being the emergency stop announcer for SM too.

dotKirk

Just got word from one of my friends (Cast on Space that I worked with) that Space has just opened for guests! Quick...grab some pictures before she goes down. :p

enoe01

POSTED TODAY ON DISNEY PARKS BLOG

A little more info on the refurb

"We have more details to share about the Space Mountain attraction at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Park as renovation work wraps up.

As you know, the classic Space Mountain experience still exists — it’s just being updated with new technology and 21st century gadgetry. Inside the attraction, there’s new lighting as well as special “darkening” effects. And you’ll see updated color schemes for rocket capsules, line and load areas. Imagineers worked with Walt Disney World Facilities Asset Management for even more enhancements, including new paint, carpet, seat fabric and other décor elements.

But what caught my attention during a recent walkthrough were details about track upgrades. It’s the same track layout and overall look and feel but workers integrated new technology into the track while not changing the classic Space Mountain ride experience. “As technology evolves, it helps us enhance those elements without losing any essence of the attraction,” Walt Disney Imagineering Senior Show Designer Alex Wright says.

You should also know that a ride photo system will capture guests during their space flights on Space Mountain. It’ll utilize Disney’s Photopass, a ride photo system allowing you to access, share and purchase photos during and after a visit. (Update: we’ve recently learned that Disney’s Photopass is not being used.)

Alex says he thinks you’ll be “pleasantly surprised” with the enhancements. The attraction is scheduled to reopen on November 22."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom