Skyway's return?

RonAnnArbor

There was a second one that was taken out. It started about where the corkscrews are now, and ended in frontier town next to the Mine Ride. The skyway over the midway is designed completely differently - the gondolas do not pass as closely; the entire attraction is well-lit at night - and it is monitored by closed circuit television throughout.

raven

Think about it. How likely would it be to bring them back? Very unlikely. Guests would be able to see the unthemed-roofs of Fantasyland and backstage. I wouldn't think the imagineers would want to reveal stuff like that after all the work they go thru to hide it. Just my opinion. :wave:

trr313

I can see why they wouldn't bring them back but I have to say that I would love it if they did. It was an amazing view and reminds me of my childhood.

EpcoTim

I always hated those things anyway. Horribly long line, poor view, At night they were cool, because you could get a good view of the castle, and not see the rooftops and all that.

egionet

Just a little FYI, the lights are always on in the skyway stations and the music plays up there. It's really creepy, but definitely not a sign of it ever returning. Not to mention the took out half of the queue in F-land.

awallaceunc

I think I miss the Skyway as much as anything else (something about being in the Magic Kingdom's sky, plus the fact that the beautiful building stands there with closed gates, just teasing us), so it coming back would be a great joy. Still, like others here, I highly doubt that this is going to happen.

-Aaron

Tom

Beta Return
I'm fairly certain that WDW removed the Skyway for many reasons, with no intention to bring it back. Besides the fact that people (namely teens, but we can't stereotype) can't behave themselves and act civilized up there, you could also see WAY more than you ever should have in WDW. As much work as they put into theming the park and blocking views of things outside your current location, I'm surprised that they ever even installed the Skyway, since you could see rooftops, backstage, air conditioners, etc.

I bet my entire wallet that we never see Skyway again. I, however, loved it - namely because of what all you could see :lol:

MiklCraw4d

Corrus said:
Won't happen... :lookaroun :D

Sad, really... I'd love to see it back. I know the logistical nightmares, and I know the backstage views weren't optimal, but I still have some very fond memories of the Skyway and would love to ride it again.

AEfx

raven said:
Think about it. How likely would it be to bring them back? Very unlikely. Guests would be able to see the unthemed-roofs of Fantasyland and backstage. I wouldn't think the imagineers would want to reveal stuff like that after all the work they go thru to hide it. Just my opinion. :wave:

I think that in spite of the obvious guest behavior/safety issues, this is probably almost as important. I had always heard that the Imagineers found it increasingly difficult to maintain the illusion from that vantage point. From what I understand, that was a huge relief.

AEfx

nelsonj3

Other than the obvious fact that if Lee and Corrus agree, then it must be true... There's also the "small" issue of the fact that the supports for the cables are all completely gone, and even the places where they stood throughout Fantasyland and elsewhere have been covered over.

It would be nearly impossible to imagine Disney spending that much money to bring a ride back that is very old and also not extremely safe. (I miss the skyway as much as anyone, but we have to be realistic here...)

SOLISIMO

Corrus said:
What the heck are you talking about... :confused: :veryconfu
I should have clarified. Many teens in this day in age, not all, are spoiled and misbehaved, this would end up with people being spit on and getting stuff thrown at them from up above. Every time I go to Disney I see some group trying to jump into foutains and lakes and ruining the fun for the actual kids including myself

SOLISIMO

edwardtc said:
I'm fairly certain that WDW removed the Skyway for many reasons, with no intention to bring it back. Besides the fact that people (namely teens, but we can't stereotype) can't behave themselves and act civilized up there, you could also see WAY more than you ever should have in WDW. As much work as they put into theming the park and blocking views of things outside your current location, I'm surprised that they ever even installed the Skyway, since you could see rooftops, backstage, air conditioners, etc.

I bet my entire wallet that we never see Skyway again. I, however, loved it - namely because of what all you could see :lol:
My point exactly:sohappy:

SOLISIMO

Actually I just got off the phone with an imagineer (who's a friend of mine;) ) and he said that they will be expanding the monorail through the park using those buildings as drop off points:cool:

iheartdisney91

you know what? i think that there might acually be a possibility for this but i also believe that they might be doing something else in those areas but what ever:p

Tom

Beta Return
SOLISIMO said:
Actually I just got off the phone with an imagineer (who's a friend of mine;) ) and he said that they will be expanding the monorail through the park using those buildings as drop off points:cool:

Oh yeah, well my uncle's nephew is a HUGE Disney fan and he tells me that the monorails are actually being replaced with the old skyway - so you can skyway from TTC to EPCOT and MK. The old monorails will be converted to submarines and 20k will re-open.

SOLISIMO

edwardtc said:
Oh yeah, well my uncle's nephew is a HUGE Disney fan and he tells me that the monorails are actually being replaced with the old skyway - so you can skyway from TTC to EPCOT and MK. The old monorails will be converted to submarines and 20k will re-open.
:lol:

Tim G

edwardtc said:
Tell him that he's wrong... he's got the whole thing mixed up..

The monorail is being converted to the skyway... and the submariens are instaaled in the living seas as substitute for the sea cabs... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom