Skyway's return?

Lee

Adventurer
jedimaster1227 said:
Somebody had come on this forum a couple of months ago with a scanned blueprint of a new skyway car straight from WDI's latest. The car would actually change theme when transferring between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
Fake.:rolleyes:

LilDucky

jedimaster1227 said:
Somebody had come on this forum a couple of months ago with a scanned blueprint of a new skyway car straight from WDI's latest. The car would actually change theme when transferring between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Even though these came out, I highy doubt that they will make a new sky way when they removed it for a pretty good reason. If you are really in need of seeing the last skyway in Florida, go to Busch Gardens Tampa. I felt alot of nostalgia when riding their skyway.

Will this one be sponsered by X-S Tech too? Skippy can fly with you! Yah!!!
I know exactly what thread you are talking about, and it definitely turned out to be a fake. Although now the picture is gone, here's the link:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=77220

Tim G

wannab@dis said:
:veryconfu

Do you mean "could" charge? They are not currently charging.
Would that by any chance mean paying ME for riding the Monorails... Ok... I would mind... :D

Tim G

wannab@dis said:
:lol:

I'm still looking forward to the PM concerning the mistaken DAK sketch. :lookaroun
Didn't receive one from you either...

But in your case I'll make an exception... :D :D :D

But it'll be the last one on this topic... Have been sending about 5 of them... :D :D :D

wannab@dis

Corrus said:
Didn't receive one from you either...

But in your case I'll make an exception... :D :D :D

But it'll be the last one on this topic... Have been sending about 5 of them... :D :D :D
Sent folder, forward. :D

Thanks!

CSUFSteve

wannab@dis said:
:veryconfu

Do you mean "could" charge? They are not currently charging.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I meant to say Disney World currently does have a justifiable business model for charging for the monorail. I didn't mean to imply that they ARE charging for the monorail.

WDW did a guest survey some years ago (right around 2000 I believe) asking guests whether they'd be willing to pay for the monorail either at the station or via Resort package add-ons. This was when Disney already knew the model that would be in place at Tokyo. The same model in use at Tokyo could easily be used for WDW, and probably even easier given the prevalence of Resort ID's, Resort ID's with charge, and admission media that lets you add components, etc.

The results of these came back surprisingly encouraging in that guests would be willing to pay to have more and more convenient transportation options than buses. And that's when Disney started looking at light rail as an alternative. It's uncertain whether the economics have changed since then seeing as how we didn't use Bombardier for Tokyo's trains and aren't using them for Disneyland's new trains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom