Skippers canteen or BOG?

ELG13

Original Poster
We are limited on options and those are the two I'm down to for dinner one day we are in MK. I've always wanted to try both but I'm always nervous to try new restaurants in the parks because they don't always get the most stellar of reviews.

Schneewittchen

Another vote for Skipper's canteen. The "a lot at steak" salad is amazing. Really good shu mai too. My kids love the Schweitzer Slush.

Be Our Guest isn't terrible. Just a bit bland in the execution. And there are better steaks on property for the price.

Zé_Carioca

Some more things to keep in mind, BoG is prix fixe now so it is pretty pricey and you have a 3 course meal. I like it for special occasions but I am biased bc the movie is one of my favorites. If you are traveling with children, meeting the beast might be a plus for them. I actually enjoyed the food, it wasn't the best ever, especially for the price but the experience as a whole was worth it and the service was great.

I LOVE Skipper's Canteen, the food is always delicious and creative but it is more of a casual atmosphere, it is also a lower price point. A lot of people find the food "too adventurous" but I disagree.

Heppenheimer

Skipper's Canteen, in my opinion, is easily the best restaurant in the park in terms of food. The decor is not quite as elaborate as Be Our Guest, but still very well themed, if quite a bit more subtle.

JFP

Echoing the other comments: Skipper's Canteen. BOG was one of our favorites until it went prix fixe. The price of meals at Disney is what it is, however, on our last trip we walked away feeling like we'd been "had" after our BOG meal (and 10000% not worth an extra credit if using the meal plan).

kwoodfan1

Both good, no wrong decision, just pick your interest. BOG is grander, Skippers is more unique. We always do Skippers, but I am a big fan of that specific theming.

correcaminos

Easily Skipper Canteen. BOG we have tried so many times and the food more often than not falls flat. We might do BOG for lunch if we get it at the last minute but otherwise that's bottom of the list for us. Skipper Canteen is a family favorite at MK.

Club Cooloholic

I did BOG for lunch last trip and was pretty disappointed. It took as long as a sit-down meal for our food to come, and while it is a nice atmosphere, I don't know if it was worth an hour or more of our time.
Skippers was our Dinner and it was a FANTASTIC meal, and I look forward to eating there again.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I did BOG for lunch last trip and was pretty disappointed. It took as long as a sit-down meal for our food to come, and while it is a nice atmosphere, I don't know if it was worth an hour or more of our time.
Skippers was our Dinner and it was a FANTASTIC meal, and I look forward to eating there again.

Odd. Other than opening day I've never even been in BOG for longer than 45 minutes and that's when I've been leisurely about it.
I pre order and am usually in and out in 30 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom