Skippers canteen or BOG?

correcaminos

Odd. Other than opening day I've never even been in BOG for longer than 45 minutes and that's when I've been leisurely about it.
I pre order and am usually in and out in 30 minutes.
I think you might be luckier than some of us. I've had some really awful waits there. Forgotten food. Horribly bland food more than once (not to mention that 'croque monsieur' is not even close to what it should be). Twice we have had to reorder everything. The line was huge one of those times. Took us 30 minutes to get through the line and that's when they forgot my son's food. We just split my meal. I liked the cupcakes so we kept trying. It's now on our failure list.

Club Cooloholic

I think you might be luckier than some of us. I've had some really awful waits there. Forgotten food. Horribly bland food more than once (not to mention that 'croque monsieur' is not even close to what it should be). Twice we have had to reorder everything. The line was huge one of those times. Took us 30 minutes to get through the line and that's when they forgot my son's food. We just split my meal. I liked the cupcakes so we kept trying. It's now on our failure list.
I think the only time I was ever in and out in 30 minutes for any quick service meal in Disney was at the old Pizza Planet.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

That's so crazy.
I've eaten there 11 times for lunch and never experienced any issues.
Once we even had 14 people and everyone was happy with their experience.
The first 3 times I went there was no pre order yet but we like early lunch so we'd go when it first opened since at that time they did not serve breakfast.
After that we preorder and its so fast and the food comes within 5 minutes of sitting down and then its just a nice chill experience.
I wonder if the fact that we like going around 11:15am has anything to do with our good experiences.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I think the only time I was ever in and out in 30 minutes for any quick service meal in Disney was at the old Pizza Planet.

Ha not me! I waited for 30 minutes in the lien to order once at Pizza Planet and the pizza was terrible.
With mobile order we find a seat, order, and have half the group stay at the table and half the group grab the food when its ready for pick up.
Sure beats everyone walking around with trays searching for a seat for 10 minutes after having waited in the line to order for 10 minutes.
Plus since with mobile order your food is ready fast you're not aking up a table for no reason for a long period of time.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I did not pre-order. The place was packed(it was June) and we had a group of 6 so maybe that factored into it?

Not preordering is a big mistake since you then have to wait in a long line just to order.
Also could depend on the time of day. Like I said in another post I like going at around 11:15am which is kinda early for the lunch crowds.
We are not big breakfast eaters so we usually only have something small before going to the parks which means we get hungry for lunch earlier than most.

correcaminos

That's so crazy.
I've eaten there 11 times for lunch and never experienced any issues.
Once we even had 14 people and everyone was happy with their experience.
The first 3 times I went there was no pre order yet but we like early lunch so we'd go when it first opened since at that time they did not serve breakfast.
After that we preorder and its so fast and the food comes within 5 minutes of sitting down and then its just a nice chill experience.
I wonder if the fact that we like going around 11:15am has anything to do with our good experiences.
Preorder is nice when it works. When it doesn't, it sucks royally for the most part. We had a group of 10 the time food was forgotten (along with straws I ordered to give to my niece as a silly gift) and we had to reorder even though we planned everything out. I don't think we've ever had our pre-order go through right. To the point that the last time we went we didn't bother. Guess what time went faster but still the food was not good at all? Glad we can share a meal because one was just inedible (kids meals - tried them all I think).

We usually try to go between 11-12pm. Time didn't matter. So maybe we're unlucky but I'm beyond done with them. For the prices they charge, we'd rather eat at the Plaza or Columbia Harbor House.

We actually went to the new PizzaRizzo on our last trip and I was okay with it. No line at all. Privacy in the disco room. Quite nice. Food was just okay but there was no wait. We were there longer than 30 minutes by choice I think though since it was so quiet there.

correcaminos

I've only eaten Breakfast there and it was flat out horrid.... I'm glad I went inside because it is cool in there.... Eggs didn't have any salt cold and disgusting....
I'm sorry. I agree that the A/C has been good there, but that's about it for us too. Granted I'm not hugely keen on a lot of MK meals and will sooner go to Contemporary or GF for lunch, but still I don't see the draw of that one.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well I will say I'm surprised that skippers was such a far and away favorite but I am super excited to try it now!!!!
BoG was really good when it first opened, but it's never waining popularity and the changes Disney has made to the place to deal with it have really taken it down to "don't really care if I ever go there again" level in my book.

Looks like I am not alone.:)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
BoG was really good when it first opened, but it's never waining popularity and the changes Disney has made to the place to deal with it have really taken it down to "don't really care if I ever go there again" level in my book.

Looks like I am not alone.:)
In all fairness the server we had at SC was the worst i have ever had and i would still recommend it over BoG.

clarabellej

We are limited on options and those are the two I'm down to for dinner one day we are in MK. I've always wanted to try both but I'm always nervous to try new restaurants in the parks because they don't always get the most stellar of reviews.
I’ve never done Skipper’s Canteen or dinner at BOG, but we really enjoy BOG for lunch. BOG is a decent value for lunch & a must see/do at least once IMO. The setup and interior of Beast’s Castle are really nice. At lunch you can pick where you’d like to sit and feel free to wander around. Of course there is no Beast during lunch. I thought perhaps if we arrived for latest lunch time we could see him, but he is dinner only. I think a lot of people were ordering dessert only for dinner & that is why they changed to a set menu and pricing. The lunch is reasonably priced and you still get to enjoy! I would def recommend lunch at BOG. Do not do lunch BOG & dinner Skipper’s in one day. Too much food! BOG for a late lunch before the afternoon parade makes for a really nice break as Fantasyland crowds build and get hectic. We usually sched this once or twice per visit.

ninjaprincesst

There seems to be a lot of love for Skippers on here but one look at the menu and we skipped it there is nothing on that menu anyone in my family would eat. At least we will eat the food at BOG.

Jon81uk

There seems to be a lot of love for Skippers on here but one look at the menu and we skipped it there is nothing on that menu anyone in my family would eat. At least we will eat the food at BOG.

The Skippers menu isn't that out there though, there are a few interesting accompaniments (such as the steak currently coming with farofa), but there is also fried chicken, a vegetable curry, pork char siu and basically pad thai.

correcaminos

The Skippers menu isn't that out there though, there are a few interesting accompaniments (such as the steak currently coming with farofa), but there is also fried chicken, a vegetable curry, pork char siu and basically pad thai.
For some it is. I know too many meat and potatoes only types out there.

Hockey89

Agreed.... No one likes fried chicken????

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
As a PP said the menu really isnt that weird. The "exotic" names make it seem out there but when you actually read the description you realize its steak, and chicken, pasta...
I have more bland tastes and am not adventurous and I easily found something there.

ninjaprincesst

As a PP said the menu really isnt that weird. The "exotic" names make it seem out there but when you actually read the description you realize its steak, and chicken, pasta...
I have more bland tastes and am not adventurous and I easily found something there.
It was more like yes there is chicken or steak but then it is served with something none of us would eat as a side, there is nothing normal, and that is a lot to pay for a hunk of meat. They seem to love black beans which I can't stand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom