Six Flags - Glow in the Dark Parade

cjacksonii

Original Poster
I'll be honest in saying that I didn't think this was suitable for any of the other parts of this site, but I still thought it was worth talking about.

Being unable to go to WDW as often as I like, I have a seasons pass to Six Flags over Texas so that I can at least work on "training" myself to be ready for some of the bigger thrill rides at WDW the next time I go.

We stopped by there last night to see the newest addition to that park, the "Glow in the Park" parade. I think it was done at another Six Flags park last year (and may still be done again this year). One of the things that really cought my attention was that in the information I read about the parade, one of the people involved in it was an Imagineer (at I think WDW) at one time. Knowing this, I expected quite a bit more than their (to put it nicely) terrible excuse for a daytime parade last year. I was definately not disappointed.

A few minutes before the parade, they made an announcement about it. I could EASILY recognize the voice as an announcer from one of the WDW parks (can't remember exactly where, and I definately don't know his name). And hearing that voice gave me what I describe as the "Cold Chill" effect. (That's when you feel that cold chill feeling when you hear something that makes you want to break out a HUGE smile.) Initially, they had two small "pre-parade floats" that were pretty "bleh". But then they turned the lights on and the soundtrack for the parade started playing. That brought back the cold chill effect (which kept coming back multiple more times throughout the course of the parade.). I really liked the soundtrack to say the least. Not on par with Fantasmic's theme or the theme from Soarin', but close. [In fact, I was still humming that theme this morning!]

The floats were fairly good, and some were better than others. Some of the characters in the parade were fun to watch, although some could have had more lights attached to their costumes to make them more recognizable. I think out of all of the floats, the last Loony Tunes float was very nice, and in the middle of the parade, they had a nice dragon float as well.

Overall, I think this was a great parade, and I'll definately go back a few times this summer. For once, they've added something I actually like a lot[albeit not as much as I like Fantasmic and Soarin at WDW]! :)

cjacksonii

Original Poster
This was it's first weekend.

This weekend was it's first weekend. A friend of ours got to see a soft opening of it this past Friday night. I think the website said it's supposed to run on weekends through Mid-June then every night until late-August.

It's being done at four Six Flags parks, including Six Flags over Texas, one near Chicago, one in Mexico City, and one other park(don't remember where it is).

Disneyson 1

Link to Great Adventure's version (w/ new Mr. Six float). Also on the page is an amazing firework spectacle, Saturday Night Lights (better than Wishes???).

http://www.gadvoutpost.com/home.php?action=main

I REALLY think they've come a very long way in their entertainment offerings, but some character seem like they'd REALLY rather be back in Loony Tune Land... or Gotham...

P.S. The singer sounds... well, see for yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom