• Hate It!!!

Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Ok..

Votes: 72 42.9%
  • Dont care

Votes: 13 7.7%

• Total voters

Damien666

Oy, where to begin on this. Anyone that's been on AE will know that SGE is just a half baked replacement. SGE may have some good AA's, but it's not enough to make up for it's other problems. The storyline is muddled, the effects have been toned down so much that teens and adults don't really get it and little kids are scared out of their minds. Now we all know AE did have a problem with parent's not reading the warning signs, but SGE has the same problem since when parents see the sign for SGE they think it's gonna be ok for their kids since it has Stitch on it. That all changes when the lights go out!

IMO, SGE is one of the worst replacement attractions out there. Boring for teens and adults and too scary for little kids (It's target audience)

meatloafsfan

AE scared the bejesus out me (and I was 18 when I went on it).

I liked stitch - it was fun and cute (I am just very glad that I knew about the chili dog burp smell before hand so I could hold my breath and not smell it too much).

KrazyKemp

It's not a ride...it's a show, a show that scares the hell out of kids...

And you can't comfort them to tell them it's okay because you're locked in your seat, and can't move!!

BAD FORM!!!

andyajc

Its totally rubbish

Like a few people have said,its a re-hash of AE. Ok i understand that AE was a bit scary for the little ones,but why replace it with a rubbish show??? The show is the same as AE with all the drama and effect taken away. By putting the boring story droid at the beginning is trying to take away the fact that the whole show is the same with a little bit more 'cute' added. Id give it a miss.....hate it....:(

Sam_the_Eagle

I really don't understand why people diss the ride for being scary for kids. If they have a problem with it/kids have a problem with things like that, then don't go in. You can easily go to Buzz Lightgear's Space Spin. When the kid is old enough, let them go in.

AE in the end was a superior attraction, but after knowing where everything was stationed to happen...eh. It still scared me.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
andyajc said:
Like a few people have said,its a re-hash of AE. Ok i understand that AE was a bit scary for the little ones,but why replace it with a rubbish show???
I agree, but its alright

Damien666

^ Well of course you didn't find it that scary. This was made for little kids.(But it scares the heck out of them! :p ) If your were able to go on AE you would know scary.:cool:

The Problem With SGE

IMHO SGE completly lacks any imagination or creativity. Lilo and Stitch was a great movie with wonderful characters that get reduced to sub-par animation and cheap gimicks. Disney could have done so much better had they designed this from scratch rather then trying to force-feed in Stich to a pre-existing attraction (AE)...which I enjoyed.

The other attraction that I relate this to is Journey into Imagination.....which is one that I think they should hand over to the PIXAR folks to let them re-imagine. There is so much potential for this attraction.....and you would think the fact that nobody goes to this except folks like me with a 3 year old that likes figment may be a "HINT" to the Disney Folks that it's time for a redesign.

Disney Doodah
Feb 2006 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Oct 2005 - Old Key West
Dec 2004 - Saratoga Springs
May 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Oct 2003 - All Star Sports
Nov 2000 - Dixie Landings
April 1998 - Disney Institute
Dec 97 / Jan 98 (Honeymoon) - Wilderness Lodge
May 1995 - Dixie Landings
April 1985 - Fort Wilderness
July 1983 - Offsite (Orlando Vacation Resort)

Jheyman

Maybe its time that WDI took a look at some of this feedback and stop trying to split the difference. Im thinking out loud here but how hard would it be to set the two chambers to two different shows and come up wiht a story line that made sense for both?? I mean the basic teleportation theme coudl go a million ways. That way the kid version can be really tuned down and the adult version can be back to the ORIGINAL AE standard. Just a thought.

Enderikari

Jheyman said:
Maybe its time that WDI took a look at some of this feedback and stop trying to split the difference. Im thinking out loud here but how hard would it be to set the two chambers to two different shows and come up wiht a story line that made sense for both?? I mean the basic teleportation theme coudl go a million ways. That way the kid version can be really tuned down and the adult version can be back to the ORIGINAL AE standard. Just a thought.
I think WDI IS looking at the feedback just not necessarily THIS feedback. Stitch is a recognizable figure to the public, and a character that people who come to Walt Disney World to see. Stitch's Great Escape is appealing, and a quality C-Ticket attraction.
As bad as it sounds, Stitch doesn't appeal to most of the folks on WDWMagic, not a terrible thing. For most of us, Walt Disney World already has our money. Stitch's Great Escape appeals to the folks who don't post daily on a Disney fansite.

nerdboyrockstar

Enderikari said:
As bad as it sounds, Stitch doesn't appeal to most of the folks on WDWMagic, not a terrible thing. For most of us, Walt Disney World already has our money. Stitch's Great Escape appeals to the folks who don't post daily on a Disney fansite.

Thats fine that it has an appeal. I definitely agree. But what's the general consensus of people getting off of it?

Stitch's Great Escape doesn't work. It's really hard to tone down a psychological/suspense attraction into a kiddie one. Yes, even Disney couldn't do it.

Enderikari said:
I think WDI IS looking at the feedback just not necessarily THIS feedback. Stitch is a recognizable figure to the public, and a character that people who come to Walt Disney World to see. Stitch's Great Escape is appealing, and a quality C-Ticket attraction.

People don't come to Disney World to see Stich and it is only YOUR opinion that it is a "quality c-ticket" not a fact. So far I have not seen any of the general public react enthusastically to the stich ride. I see all kinds of people coming off the ride saying "well that was dumb".

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
People don't come to Disney World to see Stich and it is only YOUR opinion that it is a "quality c-ticket" not a fact. So far I have not seen any of the general public react enthusastically to the stich ride. I see all kinds of people coming off the ride saying "well that was dumb".

Hi... you are absolutely right in and of that it is my opinion that Stitch is a quality C-Ticket attraction. Of course, it is not my favorite attraction (Disney-Speak for I don't like the darn thing). And believe me, the general public response to Stitch's Great Escape has been positive... Not super-positive, not all encompassingly, overwhelmingly positive... but positive in the majority... Positive enough for me to take a look at the numbers and say that people are enjoying the attraction. Complaints regarding Stitch are very, very minimal, and all complaints are from fanboys and fansite visitors, a majority of the complaint letters concerning Stitch end with a version of BrInGG BaKK ALiEN Enncounter!!!!111.
And, to children of today, those who are 6 or 7, Stitch is a much more recognizable symbol than some of the ones you may feel intimately attached to. Kids today recognize Stitch more than Peter Pan, more than Alice, more than Chip and Dale in some circumstances. Family's come to Walt Disney World for their children, and their children would much rather see the movie stars they recognize, in attractions built for them.

Damien666

^Hmmm....complaints on SGE minimal? Fat chance, I have seen,read and heard way too many complaints on this attraction. If the complaints where minimal, then why did they try to fix it three times? Raise the height requirement from 35" to 40"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom