Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Ok..

Votes: 72 42.9%
  • Dont care

Votes: 13 7.7%

• Total voters

Carolwood

dazzer68 said:
i was fed up with stitch when i was there.
i think hes a horrible nasty really non disney type character.
i didnt buy as much merchandise as i would have liked as the bloody blue thing was taking center stage all over it. even to the point of pushing mickey to one side!! god forbid!
stick him in a corner somewhere and let him suffer slowly

I had the same thoughts when I was there in Nov. The little mutt was plastered on everything.

PencilTest

dazzer68 said:
i was fed up with stitch when i was there.
i think hes a horrible nasty really non disney type character.
i didnt buy as much merchandise as i would have liked as the bloody blue thing was taking center stage all over it. even to the point of pushing mickey to one side!! god forbid!
stick him in a corner somewhere and let him suffer slowly

Hmm. I'm curious as to what you consider to be a "Disney type character". If you mean cute, innocent, and cuddly, then I suppose you're correct. But that's pigeonholing an entire brand.

Now, if you look at a "Disney type character" as someone (or something) that goes through important changes, has an intersting personality, and invokes pathos or sympathy in the viewer, then I'd say he's a pretty good example. If you don't like him because he's rude or you don't like how he's designed or whatever, then fine, but calling him a "non Disney type character"...nope. Can't agree with that. Sorry.

crlachepinochet

What changes did they make to SGE since it first opened?

My problems with the ride are mainly continuity with the movie story. Like other people have mentioned, he knows his name but Gantu doesn't recognize him? Errr... not quite right. I sit there thinking about that every time I see the show now. I won't go out of my way to see it, but I like to do almost everything in the parks when I'm on vacation. The blasters that follow Stitch were a little disappointing, but maybe they just weren't working... I've only been on one trip with SGE, so it's possible. Normally, when a gun shoots, you see the projectile or some visual indication that the weapon has fired. There was only sound, and then water squirts out if I remember? Gun = water?

dazzer68

i mean hes not the type of character that makes you think its disney.
in a line up of characters you didnt know, you wouldnt pick stitch as disney
if i was buying for a child i wouldnt buy a impulse purchase with him on it
its probably just me but i have not feelings whatso ever for it, love hate sympathy nothing.If it was lilo that would be different she to me is a disney character but you dont see much of her around

Enderikari

tirian said:
One other thing...

According to people in Merch, the Stitch merchandise isn't selling that well. Even though many little boys love Stitch, parents control the spending; and Disney simply produced too much Stitch merchandise. Obviously, this doesn't mean that no one purchases Stitch stuff--people do--but the market appears to be oversaturated (e.g. he's plastered all over the 2006 items), so it looks like hardly anything is moving.

Very true and something I have to agree with Tirian on, Stitch merchandise has been on a steady decline since around September of last year, the real profitable sellers (such as the hats where Stitch is eating the head, X-Mas Stitch Hats, and Pins) are still quite popular, but just about every other form of Stitch Merchandise has not sold as well.

Take this to mean what you want... Them's just the ruminations

dxwwf3

WDWFREAK12 said:
is it scary at all..i am going on sunday and im not sure if i should go on or not. Any input is very much appreciated.

See the show. It shouldn't make you scared at all.

monorailguy01

I think this ride is a waste of time. the only cool part about it is that stitch looks like he is really walking, other then that it has to be the one ride/show in MK that I will not go on again..

I rather wait in the hot sun for Buzz, CoP, or SM since they are all close......

sorry if i made anyone mad :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom