Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Ok..

Votes: 72 42.9%
  • Dont care

Votes: 13 7.7%

• Total voters

Enderikari

Damien666 said:
^Hmmm....complaints on SGE minimal? Fat chance, I have seen,read and heard way too many complaints on this attraction. If the complaints where minimal, then why did they try to fix it three times? Raise the height requirement from 35" to 40"?

Believe it, complaints about Stitch's Great Escape are minimal.... Even more so when compared with the number of complaints about Alien Encounter. You have "read," which means you read internet fansites... However, as I stated before, SGE doesn't have to appeal to the folks who are GOING to come anyway, and believe me, there is nothing you can do to make some people happy (I can think of a few on these boards, easily). SGE is to make a new audience have something to do that is recognizable.... blah blah blah... I hate repeating myself.

And yes, the attraction has been retooled, every attraction goes through some adjustment period both before and after it opens. Not too surprised there

dxwwf3

Enderikari said:
Believe it, complaints about Stitch's Great Escape are minimal.... Even more so when compared with the number of complaints about Alien Encounter. You have "read," which means you read internet fansites...

........And from CM's and others in the know.

Not saying you're wrong and they are all right, but it's not just coming from one internet fansite.

Jheyman

Enderikari said:
I think WDI IS looking at the feedback just not necessarily THIS feedback. Stitch is a recognizable figure to the public, and a character that people who come to Walt Disney World to see. Stitch's Great Escape is appealing, and a quality C-Ticket attraction.
As bad as it sounds, Stitch doesn't appeal to most of the folks on WDWMagic, not a terrible thing. For most of us, Walt Disney World already has our money. Stitch's Great Escape appeals to the folks who don't post daily on a Disney fansite.

I Agree it is a quality C-ticket attraction however, WDW is supposed to be a place for kids and adults to enjoy, why not try to make an attraction that is a senorory thriller for both kids and adults. It just seems that when a few illiterate loud mouth parents get the right persons ear we end up with a reactionary response llike SGE. I just want to see a little ORIGINAL MAGIC put back into some of the areas of WDW. :p

Edit: Spelling.

Damien666

^I have not just read internet fansites, I've been to places where the GP review the rides and I can tell you SGE is on the bottem of the list. To get a good idea of what the GP thinks of SGE I just had to wait in Merchants of Venus and wait for the people to exit the attraction. It was hard finding something positive for it! IMO, complaints are not minimal, and SGE is not pulling in the crowds AE did.

dxwwf3

Damien666 said:
^I have not just read internet fansites, I've been to places where the GP review the rides and I can tell you SGE is on the bottem of the list. To get a good idea of what the GP thinks of SGE I just had to wait in Merchants of Venus and wait for the people to exit the attraction. It was hard finding something positive for it! IMO, complaints are not minimal, and SGE is not pulling in the crowds AE did.

Yep that's pretty much the norm.

Didnt the Orlando Sentinel even write an article about how SGE isnt a Disney quality attraction and that it is a major disappointment?

Also keep in mind alot of the people who get surveyed are at WDW for the first (and possibly last) time in their life and are totally in awe of all the themeing and the castle and everything so when they get interviewed they are all smiles and when the surveyor is like "so what did you think of Stich's Great Escape?" they probably didnt know what the heck the person was talking about and probably just repliced "excellent" probably thinking the cast member was talking about Pirates of the Caribean or something.

dxwwf3

Oh God don't get people started on the Sentinel :lol:

No matter if what they write it's true or not, some people think the Sentinel is out to get Disney and talking about that would be just as bad as the What Would Walt Do threads.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
Didnt the Orlando Sentinel even write an article about how SGE isnt a Disney quality attraction and that it is a major disappointment?

Also keep in mind alot of the people who get surveyed are at WDW for the first (and possibly last) time in their life and are totally in awe of all the themeing and the castle and everything so when they get interviewed they are all smiles and when the surveyor is like "so what did you think of Stich's Great Escape?" they probably didnt know what the heck the person was talking about and probably just repliced "excellent" probably thinking the cast member was talking about Pirates of the Caribean or something.

Right... lets use pure conjecture to twist what are facts to actually mean them to say what you want them to say... Hearsay, opinions, what-ifs, "sitting outside the exit," fanboy musings, comparing wait times in December for AE versus wait times in February for Stitch, and just plain turning a blind eye doesn't make anyone right. You hear the things you want to hear that proves the point you want to make, that's fine, that's being selective in the realities you choose to accept. If you, in your own little world want to believe that, go ahead.
But my little world is Walt Disney World, in my world Stitch's Great Escape is an attraction I no longer feel the need to go to (I don't really like the thing). And I am not going to fool myself that everybody who rides it is amazed... But there are people who like it, and according to real numbers, more people like it, than don't. Also, according to real numbers, in a 6 month span, SGE has garnered less real guest complaints than Alien Encounter...

dxwwf3

Enderikari said:
But my little world is Walt Disney World, in my world Stitch's Great Escape is an attraction I no longer feel the need to go to (I don't really like the thing). And I am not going to fool myself that everybody who rides it is amazed... But there are people who like it, and according to real numbers, more people like it, than don't.

There are certainly a number of people who have to like the attraction, otherwise it would have been closed by now. Heck, even I liked Journey Into Your Imagination (And I seem to like it more every time I watch the video) and it got shut down and retooled pretty quick. But there is no such thing as "real numbers" for something like this. You can go by polls and Disney surveys, but everything is pure speculation. You just have to go by what you see and I value your point of view just as much as anyones. But still, there's no way to poll every person. And if you think Disney can, maybe there is more to the finger scanning that I thought :lookaroun

Enderikari said:
Also, according to real numbers, in a 6 month span, SGE has garnered less real guest complaints than Alien Encounter...

Well I guess there are a lot of different numbers out there then :lol:

Mr Bill

Justin5000 said:
almost went but im scared tooo scaredtoo scared i mean eople one guy came and throwed up on my feet im serious:( :cry: :D
It's a pretty intense attraction. I was somewhat scared tooo scaredtoo scared when I first went on it too.

Enderikari

and apparently everyone has Stitch's Number... Everyone seems to have it out for that disgusting blue alien... Ah well, I will delight in the joy it brings to families from all around the world.

TLandGuy

Sam_the_Eagle said:

I really don't understand why people diss the ride for being scary for kids. If they have a problem with it/kids have a problem with things like that, then don't go in. You can easily go to Buzz Lightgear's Space Spin. When the kid is old enough, let them go in.

AE in the end was a superior attraction, but after knowing where everything was stationed to happen...eh. It still scared me.
Parents dont read the signs and even if they do most of them dont listen... Childern are often dragged into the "High Security Chambers" And leave screaming

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom