Single person WDW trip

The Great One

I'm thinking about going on trip this year (September time) just on my own. I'm sure I've read before there's somesort of group for random singles like me?

earldw28

Not sure about the group for single travelers but I have been by myself in September as a matter of fact and had a great time. You could always see if someone from these boards is going to be there at the same time and maybe you can meet up with them. Either way I hope you have a good time.

Upvote 0

The Great One

Original Poster
thanks! It was the same time I went in 05 and I loved it so much I'm just desperate to go again, I was just thinking that I may get bored on my own eventually!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

thanks! It was the same time I went in 05 and I loved it so much I'm just desperate to go again, I was just thinking that I may get bored on my own eventually!

You might, but the "pro" of being alone is that you can do what you want, when you want. If you're bored at one park, go to the other, or go shopping, or resort hop, or take in a movie, or go back to your room and nap and rest up for a night at Pleasure Island, or just stay in your room all night watching tv if that's what you want. It's your vacation, and yours alone. It can be whatever you want ti to be and whatever you make it to be.

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

You might, but the "pro" of being alone is that you can do what you want, when you want. If you're bored at one park, go to the other, or go shopping, or resort hop, or take in a movie, or go back to your room and nap and rest up for a night at Pleasure Island, or just stay in your room all night watching tv if that's what you want. It's your vacation, and yours alone. It can be whatever you want ti to be and whatever you make it to be.

I second this motion! I've been going solo the past 5 times and enjoy all the freedom to do whatever:D.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

Dude,

you will really enjoy a trip flying solo. Think about it, no other people to dictate what you do, eat, see, ride, when to rest... You get the picture!

Single rider lines rock and you will have a blast.

My advice: Make friends in line and at the resorts and put out the word that you're going solo on the boards. Some of us might come drink around the world with ya!

Upvote 0

H20Babie

So who's going come drink with me in 12-19 days? :lol:

OP: What the rest of them said. I know I can't wait and the next 12 days are going to be really loooong!

Upvote 0

SGT623

Not only have I done many trips to Disney park solo, I recomend it! Traveling with family and friends is great too, but if you get the chance to go at least once solo...do it!

Upvote 0

a2grafix

I spent a week at WDW in October 2007, not too long ago, and had the ultimate vacation. It's just something very different when you are the boss and you direct where you want to go and change your mind in a "snap."

I'll do it again in a heartbeat. I'm planning another trip now. And September - October is not too bad of a time to go.

I echo everyone above me on this list. Single rider lines are awesome -- especially Test Track, Rock n Roller and Everest. I say even Tower of Terror, too, because a cast member is always looking for that extra rider to fill an elevator. I'm about 50-100 back, and bam, look at me! I'm in the front row!

Honestly, I hit three parks a day, almost hit all four once, but just missed it, and still did Adventurer's Club at night. So weird, I slept about 3-4 hours a night but I was completely refreshed.

The only thing is that I will have to hit WDW earlier in October or in September so I can golf the Palm and Magnolia. They were both closed last time when I stayed at Shades of Green because of the PGA tour event.

Doing Disney solo is a very cool experience.

Upvote 0

DDEPILLO

I went alone on sep. of 2006 and I had the best time. I had the freedom to do what ever I wanted. It was awesome. One of the best things is a lot of the rides have single rider lines and I was able to get on the ride faster. I thought that was cool.

Upvote 0

Gooch

I've thought about a solo trip, but I can't help but think I'd get a little bored or lonely on my own. It's not the same screaming or chanting on rides by myself. Haha.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm thinking about going on trip this year (September time) just on my own. I'm sure I've read before there's somesort of group for random singles like me?

I love going to WDW solo. You can do what you want, when you want - you get to be selfish without the guilt!!! I'm going solo 12/3-12/13 and can't wait for my 3rd solo trip!

Upvote 0

marty

I spent 12 days last September solo at WDW and it was AWESOME!!!

I loved not having to check with anyone else when I was deciding what to do. One day, I started at EPCOT, went to Magic Kingdom for a dole whip, then hopped over to Animal Kingdom and rode Dinosaur. It helped to have a car though.

The one thing I didn't like was table-service dining as a single, because even though the servers were fantastic, I always got the crappiest tables (At Sci-Fi I was seated in the back of someone else's "car", for example.) Also, riding Soarin' as a single means you get stuck in the last seat on the bottom row - it happened to me three times. But it also means that you can stretch out a bit on some of the other rides that aren't so busy, so it's all okay. And the single rider lines are the greatest thing ever. I did Rock n Roller coaster four times in less than an hour, I think.

You won't get bored, believe me.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I've thought about a solo trip, but I can't help but think I'd get a little bored or lonely on my own. It's not the same screaming or chanting on rides by myself. Haha.

The only time I got lonely was when I was riding the bus or monorail somewhere. Even than it is interesting watching people and listening into conversations. I think it kind of depends on the person though. I am an only child and a natural loner, so it didn't bother me one bit not having someone to talk to or chant with.

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

I'm doing my first solo trip in a couple of weeks...I'm super-duper excited to get to experience it alone....take pictures when I want (not the "Why do you need a picture of that you've seen it so many time!"), ride when I want, grab a drink when I want, etc.

My parents want me to stay at a Deluxe where the room entrances are on the inside not the out.....

I do have a question though... Do I need to make priority seatings for restaurants if I'm eating alone or can I just walk up and see if they have openings? I don't have my heart set on any one restaurant.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom