"Simply Segway Experience" debuts!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
There's a new segway tour/class at Epcot starting May 1st!

The "Simply Segway Experience at Epcot" will offer a 1 hour indoor class will be offered every day except Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12:30 at a price of $45 a person. Riders need to be 16 years of age and weigh less than 250lbs.

This is like an indoor segway beginner class - more advanced riders are recommended to check out the still offered "Around the World at Epcot" segway tour (2 hours) which goes around the World Showcase for $80 per person.

Both tours can be booked by calling 407-WDW-TOUR (407-939-8687).

Discounts: AAA, Disney Visa Cardholder, Disney Vacation Club & Annual Passholders get a 15% discount on both tours.

Kurai

I've always wanted to ride one of those! I wonder if they'll be offering it still during Christmas...:slurp:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The other longer and more expensive tour is always booked out way in advance, so this seems like an expansion of that - so it'll probably stick around.

ceo17

I called today to book the longer tour. The girl I spoke with at 407-WDW-TOUR said on May 1st she didn't see the longer version available anymore. Not sure what's up with that.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hmm.. i really dunno. Was it just sold out? (it usualy goes way in advance, calling now would be calling "late" for it)

ceo17

I already had a reservation on May 1 for the 1 hr. and called to see if there were any cancellations for the longer version. Even she thought it was strange that the longer version wasn't available.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The long version may not be offered that week itself because of all the press events - several locations for dining and such are also not available for any bookings. Hopefully someone can jump in with a definative answer.

CTXRover

Besides the fact that is nearly double the price, if you really want to ride a Segway, do the longer version. Trust me, its well worth it and well worth the extra cash. I did the tour back when it was just getting started and had an absolute blast. I have never even been on a Segway before and my only knowledge of them before was the little set-up they have at Innoventions. The training session was a blast, but going around WS before it opened on it was the absolute highlight of the experience. Once you get a feel for how to ride one (which takes about 10 minutes, really) its incredibly easy to manuever. I'd highly recommend that tour.

Imagineer

I have an Around the World tour booked for May 17th (22nd B-Day!!) so they are definately still doing them...I think it is going to be the highlight of the trip.

Craig & Lisa

:slurp: My wife got me the longer one back in Nov of 04, one word, WOW!!!! it was the best thing I've ever done. the tour around WS, some trivia is given no one else ( guests that is around ), a calm comfortable tour, no rushing around, and at the end they give you what we were told was the only disney pin that cannot be purchased from disney, you would have to buy it from someone else or ebay. As a once in a lifetime experience, go for it alot of fun.:cool:

imamouse

Discounts are available to Annual Passholders, and sometimes through the BankOne (now Chase) Disney Visa. The AP discount is 15% - I don't remember what Visa offers, or if it is offered all the time.

I have done the long tour twice and would do it again. We had so much fun tooling around WS before it was open. The only guests we encountered where some folks going to the Princess breakfast in Norway.

When we did the tour (2004) they offered an 8:30 AM class and a 9:30 AM class. I recommend the earlier class, as the 9:30 class doesn't leave the building until 10:30, so there are more people in the park to navigate through on your way to WS. This is just my personal preference. We also were able to get some great photos of SSE and more without anyone else in the frame due to having been admitted at 8:15 for our 8:30 Segway tour.

Just do it!

maxime29

Premium Member
Bumping an old thread so I don't have to start a new one.

The "Around the World at EPCOT" tour is still being offered around Christmas time 2005? Do you need to take the beginners class in order to do the tour?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom