Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

MCast

I don't mind SSE as it stands. The end of ride segment is gimmicky, but I don't hate it.

I do think there should be a scene or two about the technological breakthroughs of the 90s/early 2000s.

WEDwaydatamover

Idea!
I think they should keep the screens but instead of the stupid cartoon (that's funny about the first 2 times) show real time footage of the prior versions ending and descent.

I'm just throwing it out there.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Idea!
I think they should keep the screens but instead of the stupid cartoon (that's funny about the first 2 times) show real time footage of the prior versions ending and descent.

I'm just throwing it out there.

Anything that's more realistic than the cartoons they have now. It's sort of my issue with both SSE and the new Design your own car segment of Test Track...why not make them a bit more realistic?

tl77

ALL they need to do is make an incredible final act/descent & freshen everything else up. Leave this alone and continue to make it the shining beacon of this park. Without it, the park is completely lost.

Maybe if the final act/descent featured a song about "Tomorrow's Child" again?

tl77

I'd be happy if they just started taking the thing seriously again. Lose the cartoon touch screen, and get another "news man" type to do the voice over, Walter Cronkite brought an authenticity to it that presented Spaceship Earth as "fact", which it is, as oppose to "entertainment" which all the celebrities ushered into Epcot around 2000... I think someone like Bill Curtis or Charlie Rose would be good contenders for the narrator job

HMF

I'd be happy if they just started taking the thing seriously again. Lose the cartoon touch screen, and get another "news man" type to do the voice over, Walter Cronkite brought an authenticity to it that presented Spaceship Earth as "fact", which it is, as oppose to "entertainment" which all the celebrities ushered into Epcot around 2000... I think someone like Bill Curtis or Charlie Rose would be good contenders for the narrator job
I am thinking Benidict Cumberbatch.

WEDwaydatamover

I was saying yearssssss ago that Morgan Freeman was the only one that could make Jeremy Irons sound like Judy Dench.

What about Tom Selleck?
No wait Henry Rollins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom