Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
In best Yoda voice "Sick of Star Wars you will be"

Seriously how does TDO NOT turn SSE into the Death Star after Siemens sponsorship ends

EPCOT has already begun the transition into IPCOT
with SSE its just too easy just slap a dish on the side and replace some sets and you have your death star, Theme i guess would be recruits reporting for duty on the Death Star. Screens would give your id number and assignment

Heck perhaps thats why Siemens bailed because they were asked to underwrite a SW redo of SSE.
Holy Assumptions!

HauntedMansionFLA

In best Yoda voice "Sick of Star Wars you will be"

Seriously how does TDO NOT turn SSE into the Death Star after Siemens sponsorship ends

EPCOT has already begun the transition into IPCOT
with SSE its just too easy just slap a dish on the side and replace some sets and you have your death star, Theme i guess would be recruits reporting for duty on the Death Star. Screens would give your id number and assignment

Heck perhaps thats why Siemens bailed because they were asked to underwrite a SW redo of SSE.
Sick of Star Wars??? Never!!! :) It would be fun to be able to walk back and forth to DHS / EPCOT to experience the world of Star Wars.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What's a rumor? GMR IS being shuttered in a couple weeks. If you believe otherwise, well you're living in a land of delusion.

Yes the point is Disney's brand managers only care about maximizing exposure to their brands.

They see the WDW parks as advertising not as works of art and some of the best planned in city planner terms public spaces ever constructed.

Thematic coherence has no value to 'Todays Disney'

Goofyernmost

My response to this news that SSE may be closing...

Oh_look_i_ve_been_impaled.gif

I do imagine this would get backlash, even from those who mostly praise Disney for everything. I have a Disney-oriented social media page, and having to deal with all the non stop optimism can get to you. :confused: However, #SpaceshipEarthSunday is a huge thing on Instagram, with tons of shops making SSE inspired items. It just shows that people do love this ride, even so called "pixie dusters." We could very well have a fan war on our hands if SSE is redone/shuttered...:eek:
I'm sorry, but, I have to ask... Who in the hell said that SSE was closing. Man, you guys must have a whole fleet of earth moving equipment in your yard otherwise it would be impossible to make as many mountains out of mole hills. SSE has had more then one sponsor over the years and spent quite a bit of time without one at all. It is simply amazing how many people believe everything that they hear or read. How can so many jointly yell out fire in a theater?

KBLovedDisney

Have you been living under a rock for the last year? Extensive thread on the upcoming permanent closing of GMR
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...hip-deal-with-tcm-attraction-to-close.916184/
My rock doesn't have great internet connection. I heard the worm down the dirt path had Google Fiber though.:p

Yeah...I didn't feel like reading a 200 something thread just to see when GMR was closing. I keep checking other sites just to get dates on when, but I never see a definite day.

Otterhead

Yeah...I didn't feel like reading a 200 something thread just to see when GMR was closing. I keep checking other sites just to get dates on when, but I never see a definite day.
The ifs-and-whens keep changing and as marni says, it hasn't been announced. Even in that thread, you'll notice every few pages someone saying "Okay, so is it actually happening and if so, when?" but there's nothing definite yet.

Kman101

The ifs-and-whens keep changing and as marni says, it hasn't been announced. Even in that thread, you'll notice every few pages someone saying "Okay, so is it actually happening and if so, when?" but there's nothing definite yet.

I imagine it will be next week come D23 so prepare yourself. Mickey's moving in and GMR is sadly moving out.

Phicinfan

This thread is off the rails. SSE is not shuttering. Star Wars is not moving in. Can we not?? Ford stop spreading nonsense.
Agreed. I continue to be amazed at how quickly some here will take an idea and run with it. I do believe there will be changes to SSE, I believe @marni1971 stated an update was part of some of the EPCOT plans. Don't panic folks, just remain calm and see the WHOLE picture.

I will add, in what world does it make sense to put Star Wars in SSE, and GotG in UoE?

I for one am more interested in what if any they say in D23 for the redesign of FW - the "TRON" look @marni1971 suggested really intrigues me

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This thread is off the rails. SSE is not shuttering. Star Wars is not moving in. Can we not?? Ford stop spreading nonsense.

What 'nonsense' GotG has been rumored for at least 3 attractions, and while its my OPINION ONLY I personally don't see how SSE does NOT become the death star because its just too easy to convert it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Agreed. I continue to be amazed at how quickly some here will take an idea and run with it. I do believe there will be changes to SSE, I believe @marni1971 stated an update was part of some of the EPCOT plans. Don't panic folks, just remain calm and see the WHOLE picture.

I will add, in what world does it make sense to put Star Wars in SSE, and GotG in UoE?

I for one am more interested in what if any they say in D23 for the redesign of FW - the "TRON" look @marni1971 suggested really intrigues me

It makes sense to the Marvel and Star Wars brand managers and unfortunately 'brand synergy' is a thing at Disney.

'Do you hear that sound Mr Anderson, thats the sound of inevitability'.

That quote applies here

Otterhead

Yet 'The Precious' destroyed Gollum in the end. Think on that.
Okay!
*thinks on it*
I think it's a silly comparison.
SSE is not closing. It's not becoming a Star Wars ride. They're focused on developing the massive SW-land update to DHS.
SSE survived perfectly well without sponsorship for years. It's still their marquee attraction; I'm sure someone who wants their name associated with communications will be happy to step in.

Phicinfan

It makes sense to the Marvel and Star Wars brand managers and unfortunately 'brand synergy' is a thing at Disney.

'Do you hear that sound Mr Anderson, thats the sound of inevitability'.

That quote applies here
Only in your paranoid head. This is where you lose credibility. You seem to have some very good knowledge, and then you go off the deep end and spout rediculous statements like this. Relax.

Oh and to date there has only been rumors of GotG in two rides - that being UoE or ToT, some of the fanboys here have suggested other sites like RnRC or Speedway or stitch's, but none of the known insiders have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom