SICK...INSANE Fantasmic! Video.

dave&di

Wow, Fantasmic was fantastic quality, it made me cry, saw it last September, won't be back till Sept 2012, brought back great memories.
Such as a 20 minute mexican wave running through the crowd beforehand, great times!

imagineer boy

That was a great video, but it does make me really excited for what the TDS version will be like. I'm going to take a wild guess and say it blows WDW's out of the water...

fillerup

I've only seen the Illuminations video so far - Incredible!!

But I could have gone all day without seeing the Lights of Winter in there.

Gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach being reminded of not having that anymore.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I've only seen the Illuminations video so far - Incredible!!

But I could have gone all day without seeing the Lights of Winter in there.

Gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach being reminded of not having that anymore.

Yeah I am really upset when we finally got there for Christmas and that was not up.

Cliff

Thanks for all the compliments folks!

The three videos that I have created were certainly "labors of love".

All my videos are recorded in surround sound with the original CD's carefully blended in to the ambient mix. (I feel that ambient sound is also critical to helping you feel like you are "there") "FANTASMIC!" was kinda interesting (audio-wise) As you might know, the original CD was originally encoded in analog Dolby Pro Logic format. I happen to still have an old Pro Logic preamp decoder with analog outs. So,..I recorded left, right, center and rear with an 8 channel sound card. I then used that as my audio foundation and blended one night (left and right) with another night (rear left and right) for the surround channels to get that effect. (that is why you hear deep separation in the audience sounds)

I always edit with 100% of my own footage. My weapon of choice for those 4 "FANTASMIC!" shows was my Sony EX1R. "Wishes" and "Illuminations" were shot on Sony Z1 and a Sony FX1000. (RIP)

I hope everybody will be able to at least download the DVD's from my links. Watching it on a big screen in surround sound is way better than web watching.

Thanks again folks for all your feedback!!

Cliff

JPWDW2

I always edit with 100% of my own footage. My weapon of choice for those 4 "FANTASMIC!" shows was my Sony EX1R. "Wishes" and "Illuminations" were shot on Sony Z1 and a Sony FX1000. (RIP)
How were you able to get in those monsters inside the parks???

Cliff

How were you able to get in those monsters inside the parks???

lol,...it's not fun, thats for sure. Disney also gets a little wierd about guests carrying "Pro" cameras too. It's starting to get ridicules. I have been questioned a couple of times by Disney managers about what I'm doing with a "Pro" camera in the parks. It's silly. :shrug:

CT

Atomicmickey

By the size of the files, Cliff, I'm guessing you need a dual-layer burner to make the DVD's, am I correct?

You've got me thinking about getting a Blu-Ray burner just so I can make 'em for these videos! Great job.:sohappy:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
By the size of the files, Cliff, I'm guessing you need a dual-layer burner to make the DVD's, am I correct?

You've got me thinking about getting a Blu-Ray burner just so I can make 'em for these videos! Great job.:sohappy:

The Blu Rays of these are really really amazing. I've watched them in a theater with surround sound and it was seriously like being there. It was crazy.

Cliff

The DVD is a single layer. Runs at 9.5Mbps for the video. (16x9 anamorphic.) The audio is Dolby AC3 at 486kbps.

The Blu Ray is H.264 (AVC) at 35Mbps (16x9 native) with AC3 audio at 640kbps. That one has plenty of room for single layer Blu ray.

Yeah,..I really taylored these for my own personal home theater experience, not so much for web playback. (there is a HUGE difference,..beleive me)

My editing theory is pretty simple. I want to feel like I'm "there" (nothing more, nothing less) and the sound mix is a big part of that. My editing approach for these videos is not super flashy, it's more "formal presentation", I guess you could say? (attempting to anyway!..lol) I'm a stickler for having good focus (hopefully) and proper exposure (hopefully) and using edits that are not distracting from the show itself. (I HATE using all my handheld footage for this kind of stuff) After the edits, I spent 4 nights on color correction and about 8 nights on the audio mix. (which I'm about 90% happy with overall)

Illuminations was my first project several years back. I had so much fun with that It led me to the other two.

Anyhoo,...hope you can download at least the DVD. Try it out and lemme know what you think!

Cliff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom