SICK...INSANE Fantasmic! Video.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This guy has done Wishes, and Illuminations and they are both INCREDIBLE. I'm currently watching Fantasmic! and had to pause it to share with you guys because its AMAZING...Check it out...

http://vimeo.com/19868440

P.S. We know the DLR's Fantasmic! is better than WDW. No need to stress that, or act like you're above watching it because you've seen DLR's version. Get over yourself and enjoy the great quality of this video.

janoimagine

That has to be the best fan made illuminations video I have ever seen. The production values are incredible. Thanks for sharing this.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
They are all great. It's almost a shame he can't sell them. Disney for sure won't. God forbid they did something like that...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. We can dream ... can't we?

I have them all on Blu Ray...well not Fantasmic! yet, and if Disney would release them they would be a 10 in quality...this guys is a WORST a 9.8 in comparison to that.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
They are all great. It's almost a shame he can't sell them. Disney for sure won't. God forbid they did something like that...

Given the amount of performers that appear in Fantasmic nightly (all of whom would need to be compensated for appearing in a commercially available DVD, in addition to receiving royalties for each copy sold), producing and realeasing a DVD would be very cost prohibitive.

And if it ever were to come to pass, they'd choose the vastly superior Disneyland version to film, not this version, with the laughable dragon on a stick.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
If they wanted to do it they could.

Besides an officially realeased video from Disney on Blu-Ray of Wishes, Illuminations, or Fantasmic...they could charge $50 a DVD and it would sell.

You can sit here and say "I wouldnt pay it" but if you're in the store and see you can have that sort of magic at home, whenever you want with surround sound...I'm sorry, you're gonna buy it.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
If they wanted to do it they could.

Besides an officially realeased video from Disney on Blu-Ray of Wishes, Illuminations, or Fantasmic...they could charge $50 a DVD and it would sell.

You can sit here and say "I wouldnt pay it" but if you're in the store and see you can have that sort of magic at home, whenever you want with surround sound...I'm sorry, you're gonna buy it.

If Disney thought it would sell and not be cost prohibitive, they'd have done it already.

And no, I wouldn't pay $50 for WDW's Fantasmic.

WDW_Emily

The Travel Network should do a special called Disney Nighttime shows and parades and use this footage. I have never seen Illuminations of Fantasmic so well! Thanks for posting:)

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I was not generalizing it to WDW's Fantasmic...I'm pretty sure you're aware of this.

Think of all the dumb things you buy (and no not you in general) while at WDW. With ride and attraction videos available you'd buy it. They probably DON'T sell it because that is all people would buy. They would never sell another fuzzy pen again.

So I disagree with the whole if Disney thinks it will sell they would be selling it and a ton of people will back that. For years mercy has been lacking horribly. It's finally starting to reach for it's turn signal to make a turn for the better.

janoimagine

I have them all on Blu Ray...well not Fantasmic! yet, and if Disney would release them they would be a 10 in quality...this guys is a WORST a 9.8 in comparison to that.

The only thing I think a Disney version of this would buy you is better camera positions (IE right at water level, higher elevations, ect.) and maybe better/cleaner audio. This guy did his homework though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom