Should We go up to Moderate?

WDW_Emily

Hey Everyone! We are booked at Pop for our upcoming trip in April 2010. If the deal continues for stay 5 nights at value get 2 free/ stay 4 nights get 3 free should we move up to a moderate resort? We will be staying for 8 nights.Will it end up being around the same price?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
It would only make sense to upgrade, even if the difference is very small between the two promotions. Enjoy the less crowded buses, the more seculded properties and have fun!

Upvote 0

Abbie13

Upgrade by all means. Rooms are a little larger, but the quiet pools and less crowded resorts are worth it. Have stayed at PO and CS. PO gets my vote because it is smaller than CS. If you have small children, CS might be more fun for them, but be prepared for a lot of walking to get around the resort. Have a Magical Vacation. :wave:

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Hey Everyone! We are booked at Pop for our upcoming trip in April 2010. If the deal continues for stay 5 nights at value get 2 free/ stay 4 nights get 3 free should we move up to a moderate resort? We will be staying for 8 nights.Will it end up being around the same price?

As long as the price does not increase, GO FOR IT!!

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
If the price is close to the same, than why not??

Although, I find Pop to have by far the most efficient buses (better than the buses at any of the moderates), so if that's the deciding factor...

Upvote 0

MIKETFROMRI

My suggestion is stay at the value. Unless you plan on spending a lot of time at the resort. Take the money you save and maybe buy a real nice dinner or get extra souveneers. Allstars are ok...you are gonna have the same fun with more money in your pocket!

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

If the price is the same, yes. If you'll be paying more for moderate, I say stay with value.. especially if you don't plan on being at the resorts a lot.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

the upgrade is well worth it, just stay away from CBR!

I agree with the vote to upgrade but have to disagree with the stay away from CBR part.

We have always stayed at a Value because we spend about 1% of our waking hours at the resort. However, with free dining on our trip last month, it cost less to stay at a Moderate with free dining than to stay at Pop without it. Since we like beach theming, we booked at CBR and we LOVE LOVE LOVED it! Ask for a room in Jamaica or Aruba near the footbridge. I can't comment on people's complaints about bus service because we had a rental car, but we would go back there in a heartbeat. Definitely upgrade if the cost is negligible!

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
When in April are you traveling?

We arrive at Disney on April 17th and leave the 25th. If we upgraded, our first choice would be POFQ. we don't have anyone really young in our group(the youngest one will be 10) we will be spending 3 days out of our trip as "Hotel days" where we will relax at the resort, go out to dinner, go golfing, go to downtown disney, little things. Another thing that is a plus about the moderates is more sink space in the rooms. we have one male traveling with us and 5 ladies...we need the extra space.

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
Someone mentioned the buses. If transportation is a strong factor - GO TO POP! CBR and PORFQ you will be waiting for a bus forever and taking long walks.

sorry for the double post but we use the buses only once in awhile. (i think our last trip we only used them once for Animal Kingdom). We drive down so buses aren't that huge of an issue. we would really enjoy the extra space though and not being so crammed.

Upvote 0

corey154

i'm not sure of the rates next year but based on this year at that time...if the values are around $105 and the mods are $170, it'll still be cheaper to stay at the values. 5 days will cost you apprx $525 and the mod's 4 days cost $680...and you still have to pay for that 8th night. But for me, I love the moderates and it's worth the extra money for a trip that's lasting 8 days.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom