Should there be more benefits for people staying at better resorts?

More for deluxe guests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fyn

No, all I'm saying is, if I purchase a premium vacation, which anyone can do but some might have to save for it, should I get a little more beyond the ambiance of the deluxe resort.

Yes deluxe resorts have all kinds of things that if you don't stay there chances are you don't know about them that makes them more "magical", but what is wrong with wanting more, like taking the premium to the parks as well?

Do you really think Disney has not thought of this? Do you honestly think if something like that was not available, people would not jump at the chance?

It's a fantastic concept, and I would strongly approve it.

So, what you're basically saying is that the additional amenities, quality, and benefits that you get for staying in a Deluxe resort aren't enough, and you'd like more for free?

Cuz that's what it sounds like.

stlbobby

The reality is its not going to happen. Disney is really pushing the affordability of buying into the magic in their marketing. They know that getting young families that become repeat customers is a better strategy than having people wait until they can afford it all and come once.

At the same time they have tons of offerings for people that want a premium. Those are the character meals, dinner and a show packages, premium events, after hours parties, and backstage tours.

The difference is these things are above and beyond the core park experience. They do not want to mess with that experience. It will kill the magic if people begin to feel like second class citizen in the parks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No, all I'm saying is, if I purchase a premium vacation, which anyone can do but some might have to save for it, should I get a little more beyond the ambiance of the deluxe resort.

Yes deluxe resorts have all kinds of things that if you don't stay there chances are you don't know about them that makes them more "magical", but what is wrong with wanting more, like taking the premium to the parks as well?

Do you really think Disney has not thought of this? Do you honestly think if something like that was not available, people would not jump at the chance?

It's a fantastic concept, and I would strongly approve it.
Shold you get more at the park because you spent more on a resort? No.

There is nothing wrong with wanting more but expecting more can be a bit of a slippery slope.

Sure they have. This is why you can pay for a VIP tour guide, behind the scene tours, private parties, etc. So what you want and are campaigning for is already there and done in a way that is almost invisible to the regular guest. You just have been talking to the wrong people.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't get it if I am willing to pay whatever price DIsney decided to charge what is wrong with that? It is not like it is free I would be paying for it.

Because, as Rich said, it's extending the benefits. Isn't the ambiance and amenities enough? Why are you entitled to more?

protiius

Nope. You're paying top dollar to stay at a top hotel. Your paying standard ticket prices for a theme park to get access to standard amenities when you're there.

swrtrr

You are already paying more for the resort. Why should it extend farther than that?

Not really.

Pop and the others can easily be topped in both amenities and price by some Hotels on I-Drive and the surrounding area.

The OP is fond of making threads like these. I think so, too.

Although I don't post on here very often, I have noticed this too, This jimmy thick character is pretty good about about baiting people in with discussions like this, and I have noticed that he always includes something about how great he thinks he is on the polls he posts, and he is usually the only one that votes for that option. You want an extra entitlement? How about a button or shirt that says "I'm jimmy thick, and I paid 10 grand for the same vacation that you paid 2500 for".
This thread really is a joke.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Because, as Rich said, it's extending the benefits. Isn't the ambiance and amenities enough? Why are you entitled to more?

I'm an AP holder, so I already get extra perks, plus the ability to visit WDW as many times as I want during a set period of time. I also usually get discounted rates for dining, rooms, or both. I get plenty of amenities when I stay at a Deluxe resort, including the exclusivity that a more expense resort has to offer. I'm just not sure I need much more.....:shrug:

stlbobby

Although I don't post on here very often, I have noticed this too, This jimmy thick character is pretty good about about baiting people in with discussions like this, and I have noticed that he always includes something about how great he thinks he is on the polls he posts, and he is usually the only one that votes for that option. You want an extra entitlement? How about a button or shirt that says "I'm jimmy thick, and I paid 10 grand for the same vacation that you paid 2500 for".

It may be a joke, but I think it has been an interesting discussion.

protiius

Ok like I said what id Disney offered a more expensive ticket for more amenities?
I was answering the OP :lookaroun

I think that a more expensive pass for parks would offer increased revenue for Disney which would offer perks but it doesn't feel very "Disney". I would prefer not to see this come about, even though it does seem to make more fiscal sense.

BigRedDad

I don't get it if I am willing to pay whatever price DIsney decided to charge what is wrong with that? It is not like it is free I would be paying for it.

I agree with you as long as all resort guests have the option to purchase it as well. If you are looking for exclusivity to Deluxe resorts, I think they have that perk. It is called privately renting out the park. Fork out the $500k for that perk.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm glad I am not the only one who sees this. :wave:
I'm an AP holder, so I already get extra perks, plus the ability to visit WDW as many times as I want during a set period of time. I also usually get discounted rates for dining, rooms, or both. I get plenty of amenities when I stay at a Deluxe resort, including the exclusivity that a more expense resort has to offer. I'm just not sure I need much more.....:shrug:
Exactly.
Ahem. Night Kingdom?

And that is one of the many reasons why it's dead. ;)

mitchk

Let's do us all a favor, and close this thread.:wave: I mean come on, it's obvious you get more when you stay at a deluxe (like bigger pools, nicer rooms ..), that's what you pay for. I could see if you were paying more for theme park tickets, then someone at a value, but your not.:hammer: In my opinion, the original poster comes off as a arrogant fool, who maybe just got a new job, or promotion, and thinks he's a big shot, and better than everyone else. If that was not your intention, Im sorry:D, but it sure sounded like it was. Close thread :mad:

happymom52003

I voted no. I stay only at Deluxe resorts and will continue to do so as long as I can afford it. I've never once felt like I was in need of anything "extra" beyond what the Deluxe resorts already provide. If I ever switched to a moderate or value, it would be because I had to financially...not because I did not feel like I was getting my money's worth at a Deluxe.

DisneyLeo18

Any extra benefits should be at the resort itself and not in the parks.

:king:

I agree with this. I have stayed at both deluxe and value resorts, and you're already getting a better experience at the deluxe. If Disney wants to cater to you at the deluxe and have more privileges WITHIN the resort that's fine with me. But don't let it come into the parks.

jakeman

It's not an entitlement if you pay for it.

That aside, I don't think this would be a very wise business move on Disney's part. Populist anger at any perception of a class system is very high right now (justified or not is a topic for a different forum).

Instituting a system where there is a clear delination beyond bus stops could turn off the proletariat that Disney has been aggressively courting the past few years.

What I would like to see Disney do is bring their amenities at the Deluxe resorts on par with the Westin's and other similiar teir of the world. There is no reason a $400 a night room should have a thin comforter when I can get a duvet at a Hampton Inn.

I'm not asking for free breakfast or anything that the low end chains use to compete for business travel, just an upgrade of the bed linens and other amenities to their appropriate teir industry standard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom