Should there be more benefits for people staying at better resorts?

More for deluxe guests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DisneyMusician2

I think they should make Fast Pass available to Resort Guests and AP holders only!

I've always had two minds on this, and I'm just not into letting stuff like that happen. Why penalize people because they might not be able to afford Disney resort price points??

Besides, Disney resort guests already get access to Morning and Evening EMH, and I think that is enough.

And if I'm not willing to discriminate against off-resort guests, you can guess where I stand on in-resort tier systems in the parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think they should make Fast Pass available to Resort Guests and AP holders only!
That`s plain wrong I`m afraid. Look at the situation at Uni. Two tier.

Remember, the greater majority (straw poll from friends, collegues and family visiting from the UK, also look at the amount of rooms on 192/I-Drive to on property) of tourists stay off property. Why should they be penalised by spending more time in line during - for some of them - their once in a lifetime visit?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Ok, let me play devils advocate.

If I drop 10k on a Disney vacation, why shouldn't I have added benefits? I think if the vacation was made a little more "premium", while not taking things away from the other tier resort guest, but added more to deluxe guests beyond the ambiance of the deluxe resort, I feel people would save for that experience then just settle.

If Disney made this happen, I believe they would see an increase in Deluxe reservations.

LucyintheSky

Any extra benefits should be at the resort itself and not in the parks.

:king:

This is my feelings as well. Park tickets cost pretty much the same for everyone, regardless of what resort you're staying at, so why should there be extras for someone just because they're staying at the most expensive hotel? Any benefits that come with a deluxe resort should only be about the resort, THAT's what you're paying for, not preferential treatment in the parks.

DisneyJoe

If I drop 10k on a Disney vacation, why shouldn't I have added benefits? I think if the vacation was made a little more "premium", while not taking things away from the other tier resort guest, but added more to deluxe guests beyond the ambiance of the deluxe resort, I feel people would save for that experience then just settle.

If Disney made this happen, I believe they would see an increase in Deluxe reservations.

Taking this a step further (as a devil's advocate) - why not offer Grand Floridian guests the most benefits while offering Wilderness Lodge guests the least benefits of the deluxe resorts??

(Personally, I don't see how they could reward resort guests with park benefits beyond certain Fastpass privileges that they have already mentioned in a their fastpass patents)

rsoxguy

I do not fully understand your logic on this thread. The deluxe resorts have extra benefits added to them already. You are paying for a more luxurious accommodation at a resort, not a theme park. The perks are already available to you. The differences between the deluxe resorts and the value/moderates are obvious. Is it that you can never have enough, or are you simply bored and in need of starting a provocative thread? :shrug:

sbkline

The first few times my wife and I went, we stayed in a Super 8 Motel on 192 in Kissimmee. For 10 nights, we payed around 450 dollars, and the entire vacation was probably a total of around 2 grand. Well, I think we bought out tickets seperately before we left, so maybe $2500 give or take a hundred or two.

But anyway, the person that pays 10 grand IS getting alot more than we did. Whereas we stayed in that cheap Super 8 (and still had a blast), you are staying at the Grand Floridian. Big difference. you have the beautiful scenery. We have the view of the highway with all the traffic going by, and people walking up and down the sidewalk in their cutoff T-shirts. You have the beautiful themed pool, and we had the basic hole in the ground swimming pool. You had all the other ammeneties of the resort that you could just walk to and we had to get in the car and drive up the road for our activities. And you could just get on the monorail and go to the Magic Kingdom, and we had to drive 20 minutes or so each morning to get there. So there's all your benefits of splurging for your expensive resort. But once you get on the monorail at your resort and once we park our car and Ferry/monorail over to the magic Kingdom, we're no different than you. Just another guest at this theme park and we shouldn't be treated any different than you, in my opinion. My choice of lodging shouldn't get me any less preference for the rides or the restaraunts...except to the extent that as a resort guest (regardless of which resort), you had the chance to make your ADRs possibly a few days earlier than me.

stlbobby

I have personally stayed at every level resort at Disney and book trips for people of all income levels. I will echo much of what has been said. The deluxe resorts already provide greater perks, concierge level, more pools, fitness centers, spas, greater dining choices, and bigger rooms. You are already getting premium accommodations for your premium price.

There are also tons of perks if you book a specific premium or platinum package, including complimentary golf greens fees, golf lessons, water sports, outdoor sports, backstage tours, and cirque du soleil.

There are other ways in which 10 grand will get you special treatment. You can buy time with the characters through character meals, avoid waits with dinner and show packages, or purchase tickets to the after hours parties.

I enjoy the extra perks of being on property and feel they enhance the experience without causing undue harm to the off property guests, but I think part of the charm, and marketing philosophy, is that staying on property is special no matter the resort. This gets people interested at any income and allows them to grow into the deluxe resorts as their income grows.

I would wager that a large percentage of deluxe guests were value guests at one time.

I do have to disagree with previous posters that the the theming is better at deluxe resorts. On a strictly theme basis my hands down favorite resort is the All Stars. It isn't the best resort due to its location and lack of amenities, but I love the look and feel.

xtina72

marni1971 --------- Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment632
--------------------------------------------------------------

ACK! I have always hated Universals take on the fastpass! I DO NOT like Universal hotels but I love Universal, we have gone a week to just Universal NO Disney BUT stayed in a Disney hotel, because I love Disney hotels.

Now, here we were spending all our moolah in Uni for a week but did not get the benefits of their "fastpass" because we did not stay at one of their hotels. Of course, we could have PAID for their version of the FP but I was too stubborn to do so. lol

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I do not fully understand your logic on this thread. The deluxe resorts have extra benefits added to them already. You are paying for a more luxurious accommodation at a resort, not a theme park. The perks are already available to you. The differences between the deluxe resorts and the value/moderates are obvious. Is it that you can never have enough, or are you simply bored and in need of starting a provocative thread? :shrug:

My logic is rather simple.

Should people staying at higher end resorts have more benefits for staying staying there?

The deluxe resort experience is much better than a mod or value, but should there be more premiums attached beyond what is there already?

I feel I made the point painfully obvious and delightfully eloquent.

Jimmy Thick- Just call me Job

rsoxguy

My logic is rather simple.

Should people staying at higher end resorts have more benefits for staying staying there?

The deluxe resort experience is much better than a mod or value, but should there be more premiums attached beyond what is there already?

I feel I made the point painfully obvious and delightfully eloquent.

Jimmy Thick- Just call me Job

Thank you for your delightful and eloquent clarification. Your Pulitzer is in the mail. My answer then, according to your logic, is a definite "no".

Figment632

I've always had two minds on this, and I'm just not into letting stuff like that happen. Why penalize people because they might not be able to afford Disney resort price points??

Besides, Disney resort guests already get access to Morning and Evening EMH, and I think that is enough.

And if I'm not willing to discriminate against off-resort guests, you can guess where I stand on in-resort tier systems in the parks.

Remember, the greater majority (straw poll from friends, collegues and family visiting from the UK, also look at the amount of rooms on 192/I-Drive to on property) of tourists stay off property. Why should they be penalised by spending more time in line during - for some of them - their once in a lifetime visit?

I don't know then DIsney should offer a better verison of FP for Deluxe Resort guests, would you be oppesed to that? If you are staying at a deluxe resort maybe you could get a Gold FP that lets you on one a day when ever you want.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The short answer would be no. Benefits of a particular resort should not go past the borders of that resort.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't know then DIsney should offer a better verison of FP for Deluxe Resort guests, would you be oppesed to that? If you are staying at a deluxe resort maybe you could get a Gold FP that lets you on one a day when ever you want.
No they shouldn't. The current fastpass system generates enough bad blood as it is. Any type of tiered approach based on resort level would only make it worse.

Tar Heel

I've always thought one of the things that made wdw great was that you could have great and magical time whether you were staying at GF or POP, a class system would ruin that.

BigRedDad

I think the perk you are looking for is Concierge. That will cost you a little more. The perks you describe are nothing more than whining because you were too busy spending $10k on a trip without insuring you could eat at the restaurant of your choosing.

I think you are looking for more than you are paying for. If you have $10k to spend on a vacation, I sure hope your retirement is already set. If there are perks to be added, they should have an additional cost associated for each of them and available to all. It can be priced where the super wealthy can afford it.

Instead of spouting about the $10k and not getting into Le Callier, give us a list of 10 perks that you think you deserve because you choose to spend more for the resort only?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
With who the people who are not smart enough to use the system or don't plan their trip well?
My point exactly. No one has a reason to be upset about the current system as everyone has equal access but yet they do. If a person who who stays at the Poly gets unlimited fastpasses and a family staying at Pop does not you now have added a legitimate reason for being upset.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom