Should MK replace pirates?

KBLovedDisney

john-cleese-no.gif

KBLovedDisney

Why not? I see a lot of people say no but why? Do we really want an inferior attraction to be unique at MK?
The Shanghai version is cool, don't get me wrong. However, POtC in MK at WDW is such a unique classic entity all on its own. It's one of the last remaining replicas of Walt's own pieces that we have left. I feel if they coat it with something else, we will lose a bit of Disney with it.

Old technology? Yes, but inferior? No. It uses AAs that are still quite fascinating to this day. SDL uses screens/projections (something to me that is actually becoming old all too quick in its own way.)

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
The Shanghai version is cool, don't get me wrong. However, POtC in MK at WDW is such a unique classic entity all on its own. It's one of the last remaining replicas of Walt's own pieces that we have left. I feel if they coat it with something else, we will lose a bit of Disney with it.

Old technology? Yes, but inferior? No. It uses AAs that are still quite fascinating to this day. SDL uses screens/projections (something to me that is actually becoming old all too quick in its own way.)

But that's just my opinion.
It is inferior to every other PotC iteration there's no disputing that.

Surfin' Tuna

No way! First, I think the MK version is much closer than the original idea of the attraction than SDL is. Secondly, I can't understand a thing they are saying in the SDL version. Why would we want that here?

discomouse131

The Magic Kingdom without POTC is like having swiss cheese without the holes. True, I'm not a huge fan of all the changes over the years (adding Sparrow, the pirates chasing women and more recently, the pending removal of everyone's second favorite redhead) but it's still POTC. Classic Walt!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom