Should Disney make a Phineas & Ferb attraction in HWS?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I know most of you are adults and would be against this but, does anyone else feel like Phineas and Ferb could make a GREAT 4D attraction in the Sounds Dangerous theater at HWS? :)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

invader

No, no, no, a million times no. Every time they decide to make an actual attraction about a show it begins to become irrelevant (Drew Carrey, American Idol, Doug, etc.).

Magenta Panther

I know most of you are adults and would be against this but, does anyone else feel like Phineas and Ferb could make a GREAT 4D attraction in the Sounds Dangerous theater at HWS? :)

-WondersOfLife

I happen to like Phineas and Ferb a lot. The 2nd Dimension movie was fun. I'd certainly have no objection to them taking over Sounds Dangerous and putting in a 4D show. I'd watch it myself!

Speaking of which, I read today that there's a Phineas and Ferb movie being made that's going to incorporate 2D & 3D animation a la Roger Rabbit, which I guess means that Phineas and friends will be 2D and will be interacting with 3D surroundings and characters. Could be interesting...

Figment1986

the way I see it, I don't think there is a problem if they make a movie based attraction based upon a animated TV show if it shows to be popular after the first season. Especially if they design it to be repalced in a few years by something from the next big animated show. In theory they could have done it with Kim possible, and then repalced it with Phineas and ferb.

much like how playhouse Disney has self destruction dates built in from time to time on certain properties being replaced with new ones. Sounds dangerous would probably be a good spot, since it has a post show area that could be developed to showcase the dcoms and series coming up.

Silver Figment

*Sigh*... The only reason i'm gonna say i find this to be acceptable is because sounds dangerous is fairly awful and terribly outdated. Otherwise i really don't want to see Phineas and Ferb in the parks. They got annoying really fast and i'll stand by the fact that i think the death of their popularity is coming quite soon.

Lee

Adventurer
I don't even know who Phineas and Ferb are....:shrug:

So, no....I don't feel the need for them to have an attraction.

scpergj

I don't even know who Phineas and Ferb are....:shrug:

So, no....I don't feel the need for them to have an attraction.

Lee

They are a Disney Channel property, and the show is the pretty much the best thing on Disney Channel. The kids watch Disney Channel on theTV in their play room.....except when P & F are on - we all watch that one together.

ght

While the show is good right now...5 to 9 years down the road people will ask "When will this unaired show get out of DHS?"
Exactly. While I love Phineas and Ferb the problem is with any TV property is as soon as it goes off the air, or reduced the number of airings go down, the attraction becomes dated. My daughter didn't know who half the Playhouse Disney show characters were because shows like Little Einsteins are aired as often as the once were. No matter how good a TV show is, I don't see it having the staying power of a feature film.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While the show is good right now...5 to 9 years down the road people will ask "When will this unaired show get out of DHS?"

Exactly. While I love Phineas and Ferb the problem is with any TV property is as soon as it goes off the air, or reduced the number of airings go down, the attraction becomes dated. My daughter didn't know who half the Playhouse Disney show characters were because shows like Little Einsteins are aired as often as the once were. No matter how good a TV show is, I don't see it having the staying power of a feature film.
While I tend to agree, if the attraction is done right (the key word being "if") it will not matter if they are still on TV. A Bug's Life has not been popular for quite some time but it does not matter because the attraction is well done.

Agent_P

the way I see it, I don't think there is a problem if they make a movie based attraction based upon a animated TV show if it shows to be popular after the first season. Especially if they design it to be repalced in a few years by something from the next big animated show. In theory they could have done it with Kim possible, and then repalced it with Phineas and ferb.

In theory, yes, but I hope they will replace Kim Possible with a Phineas and Ferb interactive game. Agent P being a secret agent going all around World .

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
While I tend to agree, if the attraction is done right (the key word being "if") it will not matter if they are still on TV. A Bug's Life has not been popular for quite some time but it does not matter because the attraction is well done.

You could think about it this way.. Imagine if it's similar to that of the Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast at Universal Studios was, with it being very well made and entertaining, with Jimmy Neutron not even being aired much on TV anymore for over 4 years after operating in the park, it was a major success. Phineas & Ferb are very, VERY popular with the kids, even the teens in my area. I could see it lasting a pretty long time if it's done right.

The Magic Eye Theater would be a great spot for a Phineas and Ferb show.

I could see that happening. The theming of Phineas & Ferb (which would be: creating new things?) could fit somewhat into the distorted theming in EPCOT at the moment.

Kim Possible WAS used tho, Kim Possible's World Showcase Adventure? It started like what, 3 years after Kim's series was cancelled? :lol:

-WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
No, no, no, a million times no. Every time they decide to make an actual attraction about a show it begins to become irrelevant (Drew Carrey, American Idol, Doug, etc.).

Think of it this way...

If Disney did it right, like Mickey's Philharmagic, It's Tough to be a Bug, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, or Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (for it's time). Or you can compare it to Universal Studio's successors.. Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, The Simpsons Ride, and Shrek 4D. Phineas and Ferb is the best choice for Disney if they want to do a new 4D attraction. I mean, what else does Disney have that would be well-known with high energy? Disney doesn't have any really up-beat crazy shows/movies like Phineas & Ferb. Although, some PIXAR movies could be an exception..

-WondersOfLife

Cmdr_Crimson

I could see that happening. The theming of Phineas & Ferb (which would be: creating new things?) could fit somewhat into the distorted theming in EPCOT at the moment.

Why don't we just put Teamo Supremo or The Replacements or Filmore or Miss Mungers Class into something..And guests will say was that??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom