Should Disney make a Phineas & Ferb attraction in HWS?

Phonedave

I know most of you are adults and would be against this but, does anyone else feel like Phineas and Ferb could make a GREAT 4D attraction in the Sounds Dangerous theater at HWS? :)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

HWS ? :lookaroun Anyway .....

P&F are a very popular show, and they have a few more seasons left in them. An attraction in the old Sounds Dangerous area could work out, but it would have been better to have done it 12 - 18 months ago.

Many TV shows seem to lack staying power. If Disney built a no-holds-barred 4D theater (water spray, air blowers, seat back, bottom and floor effect, sound, etc - go crazy and put in loads of effect, they could swap shows out quickly.

Call it something like "Into the Disney Channel - Featuring *****" where "****" is the current fan favorite. They could write new 4D films and swap them in and out fairly quckly as long as the infrastructre was there.

It keeps the attraction fresh for repeat guests, and it pevents people from looking at a ride and saying "Rocko's Modern Life, what the hell is that?" (and yes, I know that was not a Disney product)

-dave

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO Make it a House of Mouse Restaurant..The building just needs a facelift.
402c1fce6a75d8ddde6959e9b5eb_grande.jpg

And make it more like the building from the show.
houseofmouse.jpg

WDWGoof07

One of the key premises of the show is that the main characters are very creative, and it's a good show, too. To me, both of those things mean that a 4D attraction featuring Phineas and Ferb in the Imagination Pavilion would make a good fit, and, if they stayed true to the humor of the TV show, it could be fun.

Contrast that with the shows that have played in Magic Eye since Magic Journeys left. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience has a tenuous connection to the imagination theme, but Captain EO didn't relate to the theme of the pavilion at all.

Figment1986

It keeps the attraction fresh for repeat guests, and it pevents people from looking at a ride and saying "Rocko's Modern Life, what the hell is that?" (and yes, I know that was not a Disney product)

-dave

Censors! And here's the lamp from Heck, and the pineapple from Heck... :lookaroun

bryPOD

The way Phineas and Ferb are trending, they are coming up on Sponge Bob at the moment. They are popular and could remain so for many years. I think an investment is necessary.

Chrononymous

I think this show is popular enough to warrent an attraction...and I do think they would be awesome in the Imagination Pavillion.

I could envision an awesome Agent P ride through, along with several nifty Phineas and Ferb hands-on creative attractions in the former Image works.

And a 3-D movie would bring it all together. I would plan my trip just to see this actually.

cheezbat

It's a tv show. Disney never makes permanent attractions based on tv shows. If that were the case, I would expect a Ducktales themed ride somewhere by now! (heck, that and Darkwing Duck are still my all time fave Disney shows)

While they may be popular right now, by the time they would get an attraction approved, the show might be on it's last leg.

chrissyw14

I would love to see them take over the Imagination pavilion at Epcot.

that is a great idea; it is an awesome show and all about imagination

however, i also feel they should make some sort of ride, i mean the possibilities are endless with this show, make like a roller coaster around the places they've been, monuments, museums, they created a roller coaster in one of their episodes. anything can go with phineas and ferb. there could also be a ride following perry on a secret agent mission.

chrissyw14

I think this show is popular enough to warrent an attraction...and I do think they would be awesome in the Imagination Pavillion.

I could envision an awesome Agent P ride through, along with several nifty Phineas and Ferb hands-on creative attractions in the former Image works.

And a 3-D movie would bring it all together. I would plan my trip just to see this actually.

yeah this is a great idea! the possibilities are endless with the type of rides or hands on activities they can have. they should also add a platypus aquarium area haha [:

Agent_P

In theory they could have done it with Kim possible, and then repalced it with Phineas and ferb.

Do you know something or just guessing? I would think it would be great
to have Kim Possible replaced by Phineas and Ferb. It could be about Secret Agent P and his adventures around World Showcase.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They don't have be there though, TDO decides to go for the cash grab. Everything is character this, character that and it's starting to get annoying.
If by going for the cash grab you mean listening to guest feed back and responding to it then yes, the went for the cash grab. If you want someone to blame next time you go to Epcot line up 10 random people and you can point the finger at the 8 of them that want to see characters in Epcot. That is the only reason they are there.

FigmentJedi

I'd be for it, though that would assume that Disney would care about the franchise still once the show ended and release full season sets or comics to keep it alive in people's minds. But knowing how Disney is with TV shows, it'll just end up dated when the show ends because they aren't doing stuff like that

captainkidd

I'm torn. On one hand, P&F are the best thing, in my opinion, to happen to Disney since Toy Story. Kids love it, and it's funny for adults too. However, any attraction built around characters is a risk as people are so fickle nowadays.

As for those saying "absolutely not", I have to ask why? The show is the best product Disney has released for all age groups in years.

muse1983

I know most of you are adults and would be against this but, does anyone else feel like Phineas and Ferb could make a GREAT 4D attraction in the Sounds Dangerous theater at HWS? :)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Absolutely not in my opinion...the last thing we need to see is another 4d attraction, much less one based on a series that in my opinion has no long lasting quality to it. Disney doesn't seem to put a lot of work into maintaining the long lasting history of their current television shows and I just don't see P&F still being relevant 10 years from now. Let's use the Sounds Dangerous and hopefully before too long the American Idol building for something cutting edge and amazing. Finally green light the Monsters Inc coaster, expand the Star Wars area (this would definitely be the most popular decision for me) etc but please let's give the 4d shows a rest.

But hey if for some reason Disney feels another 4d show is necessary, I vote for them to make a show based on the past 20 years of Disney saturday morning cartoons. Let's have a show that incorporates Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers etc and I will be first in line regardless if the ride concept is tired and overdone.

muse1983

But for Disney to base a attraction on P&F and continue to ignore Ducktales, Darkwing Duck and Rescue Rangers would be ludicrous in my opinion. Hopefully the area gets put to better use...

captainkidd

But for Disney to base a attraction on P&F and continue to ignore Ducktales, Darkwing Duck and Rescue Rangers would be ludicrous in my opinion. Hopefully the area gets put to better use...

At this point in time, P&F are HUGELY popular. The others you mentioned aren't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom