Should Disney keep Carousel of Progress?

Should the Carousel of Progress Stay Open?

• Yes

Votes: 145 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 10.5%

• Total voters

JLW11Hi

I voted yes, although they probably shouldn't.

I like the show, its a classic in my eyes. Being a huge Walt Disney fan, this attraction does pay homage to the original 1964 World's Fair "Progressland" attraction, which is probably why I like it so much, for sentimental reasons.

Still, the show is probably out of date for most visitors, so they should probably change it. I still think that the idea of a "carousel theatre" is a brilliant one. It let's more people into the see the show than the usual shows at WDW. (it was once the most viewed stage show in history, though that may have changed) So if they did change the show, I think they should keep the theater as it is.

I also think that "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" song should stay. I love that song!

bamboo7

i certainly want it to stay, but i am highly biased by nostalgia. thinking objectivly, it would probobly be better for WDW company for it to go, though i would hate for that to happen. i guess the key is to just enjoy it as much as possable while it is still here, so i'll have plenty of memories of it once it is gone.

Tom Morrow

I also voted yes, even though it probably isn't going to happen. I enjoy it, and it is a Disney classic and one of Walt's "babies", but like Bamboo7 said, its probably better for them to get rid of it.

jmarc63

I would like to see them keep it even if they move it somewhere else at WDW. Dont forget it was at disneyland till around 75 when it moved to WDW. But that was under the old family management days.

Cricket2713

I voted yes. As others have said its classic Disney. It may not be as exciting as Test Track or Tower of Terror but there's no need to put it on the scrap heap. And that song just stays with you, in a nice way, unlike Its a Small World. Now if that ride disappeared I wouldn't mind:animwink:

WDWspider

I want it to stay, it's like history, but it propably won't. Still, I think they should either keep it open some each day or close it down completly. Stop teasing us.

Nansafan

OPEN. It's one of our favorites. When the theatre is not too crowded, we all sing along. Seeing the family go through history via various holidays is great. Even my 15 yr old son is not too cool for it. Now is the best time of our lives!

bgraham34

I would like them to keep it. Especially since last sept. was the first time i was ever on it, And I enjoyed it. But maybe they should move it to Epcot.

DisneyrazZ

the Carousel of Progress takes us back to early technology...it is an educational and fun way to learn about how technology has advanced and helped us along the way. and i just LOVE that song! *Theres a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!* Sorry..couldnt help mahself! :hammer:

~DisneyrazZ~:p

Jekyll

The COP is a disney staple and I remeber sitting on it as a 7 year old....It is walts vision and in a era where much of what walt origanlly did is being yanked I would have to say it must stay even if they move it.

-J

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think it should stay open. I think it serves to show what life was like before cell phones, computers, etc. A little history lesson, and a lot of fun, too. :)

dliddi

i think they should keep it, they need to keep some clasic stuff, or if they have to, rehabit, but i really don't think they need to do that even, thell ripe it out and put in a new e-ticket ride, don't get me wrong, love all those rides, i think they need to leave things alown sometimes.

What they could do is open up a new park and call it clasic wdw or somthing like that, and put in all the old rides from the past, from every were in the parks, (ie toads, 20,000, all the old epcot rides like world of motion, or the origan JIYI) you get the idea, then i don't think people would mind as much because they could move it to that park. i don't just a weird thought.:veryconfu

conntom

the Carousel of Progress should stay it is one of the shows
that Walt Disney had a big hand on. It is one of my favorite
in all the Parks. If they close COP it would make me sad. It could
be updated some :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom