Should Disney keep Carousel of Progress?

Should the Carousel of Progress Stay Open?

• Yes

Votes: 145 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 10.5%

• Total voters

WDWManic

It depends.... if they are going to put another boring show in there then no keep it, but if they are going to put a good attraction in there then tear it down!

General Grizz

Stay open.

1. Walt specifically said this is the only attraction that should remain open in his parks for eternity.

2. Crowds are high; and audience participation is also! Clapping and singing still goes on!!

3. A WDW classic. There're only one!

4. We can't go away from the theme. It's truly inspiring.

5. It's the longest running stageshow! Don't close a landmark! :)

Jekyll

Originally posted by WDWManic
It depends.... if they are going to put another boring show in there then no keep it, but if they are going to put a good attraction in there then tear it down!

You can't be like that.....IT was walt's baby..you just want to destroy walt's dream for a e-ride? I think some of walt's staple rises should stay COP being one of them.:mad:

mocfan

Yes they should keep it open. It needs to be everyday and just not during peak times of the year though. I realize it is expensive to run, but it seems like a waste to have it just sit there.

General Grizz

You use the term "Walt's baby," too?? Who told you that unless you invented it? :)

A CM gave me the term...I wonder if it's the same guy...hmmm ;)

That's another thing. It really darn represents Walt!

Jekyll

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
You use the term "Walt's baby," too?? Who told you that unless you invented it? :)

A CM gave me the term...I wonder if it's the same guy...hmmm ;)

That's another thing. It really darn represents Walt!

Amen to that Grizzlyhall....the father even has a slight resblance to Walt. I mean come on...The man wish should be respected in this....IS there really anyone who is a loyal Disney fan who doesn't agree.

-J

NowInc

Now now...we all (or at least most of us) know my opinion on THIS topic...

To quote a line from MIB2 (oh yes..i can get THAT lame)....New hotness...old and busted..... I prefer the new hotness.....adios COP

Jekyll

Originally posted by NowInc
Now now...we all (or at least most of us) know my opinion on THIS topic...

To quote a line from MIB2 (oh yes..i can get THAT lame)....New hotness...old and busted..... I prefer the new hotness.....adios COP

Weak man...look...it's is a part of History. How can you not look at something that WALT HIMSELF created and not want to keep it in the place that was his ultimate dream. Yes it was a part of his dream to constantly expand. But I believe that something of his original vision should and must be kept.

bearboysnc

I want them to keep it even if they just relocate it and make it into a museum. Walt deserves that.

I agree, It's a museum peice, maybe it needs to move to the Smithsonian or something. It's a showcase of Walts ability to combine technology with entertainment. Maybe they could make an attraction/exhibit about the art of animatronics. We all take for granted how much trial an error went into developing these figures. They touch on it briefly in the 100 years exhibit at MGM.

Now is the time.

bamboo7

A handfull of people here stated that it might be a good diea to move it to future world and keep it there. Someone had suggested that before in a diferent thread, and apparently it would be a nightmare to move. It is my understanding that underground, below the building there are enourmous gears and whatnot to rotate the thing. "but they were able to move it to WDW from DL", not really, they didn't move the building, just the sets. a new builiding was erected in WDW and a new show was eventually put in the theatre in DL. so in order to move it, a whole new rotating theatre would need to be built. that certainly would be possable, i just don't see them as willing to go through all that work just to move an attraction that has been running on a limited schedule recently. i guess there is only so much we can do.

Jekyll

Originally posted by bamboo7
A handfull of people here stated that it might be a good diea to move it to future world and keep it there. Someone had suggested that before in a diferent thread, and apparently it would be a nightmare to move. It is my understanding that underground, below the building there are enourmous gears and whatnot to rotate the thing. "but they were able to move it to WDW from DL", not really, they didn't move the building, just the sets. a new builiding was erected in WDW and a new show was eventually put in the theatre in DL. so in order to move it, a whole new rotating theatre would need to be built. that certainly would be possable, i just don't see them as willing to go through all that work just to move an attraction that has been running on a limited schedule recently. i guess there is only so much we can do.

You would think that they would go out of there way considering that the only reason they are doing what they are doing is because of the man that invented that show!:zipit:

MKCustodial

Heck yeah, it should stay! I've said this before, and I'll say it again. When I think of WDW I think of audio-animatronics, and this is definately CoP, Pirates and the Jungle Cruise.
It's a pity to see the financial side of the company scrapping classics for a bunch of thrill rides. I fear WDW is losing sight of "family" to become another amusement park...

Funny how the Florida Studios remembered that with "ohana", huh?

Justin

CoP, should stay definately, Thats a great attraction and very unique. My family loves it, and that was Disney's dream, Shows u the future and the past time and all that... Its a great family attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom