Should Disney ever add Pandora to Disneyland or DCA

Should Disney ever add Pandora to Disneyland or DCA

• Yes

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • No

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

randyjackson

depending on how the sequel does i could see disney absolutely adding it in some way, whether in tomorrowland or apart or Disneyland Forward (assuming it still exists) now personally i don’t have a problem with it

britain

Reading that made me shudder. Flight of Passage is good, but it's not THAT good.

I have no interest in seeing the Floating Mountains popping up behind the Matterhorn.

On the contrary, I think floating mountains blend into the background much better than, say, Zootopia skyscrapers.

Pandora would work as a very nice transition from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland in my opinion.

But if they do this, I would hope they find someway to keep an underwater adventure in the lagoon.

Rich T

Gee, it would sure be nice if Disney added a big area based on something that was actually created by Disney, instead of a franchise they went out and purchased, as if to say to the world that they’ve completely run out of ideas.

Adding Avatar to Disneyland would just further dilute the brand and push Disney closer to just becoming another generic media company with no identity of its own. And I realize some people are just fine with that.

DLR92

Gee, it would sure be nice if Disney added a big area based on something that was actually created by Disney, instead of a franchise they went out and purchased, as if to say to the world that they’ve completely run out of ideas.

Adding Avatar to Disneyland would just further dilute the brand and push Disney closer to just becoming another generic media company with no identity of its own. And I realize some people are just fine with that.
Or can we get some old school Disney that entirely original?

TP2000

depending on how the sequel does i could see disney absolutely adding it in some way, whether in tomorrowland or apart or Disneyland Forward (assuming it still exists) now personally i don’t have a problem with it

Sure, but it seems that all Disney movies nowadays have some not-so-subtle reference to allow for theme park projects to be greenlit by WDI.

I have to wonder if there's not some smarmy kickback going on between WDI and Disney/Pixar; you blatantly reference a theme park ride in your next $200 Million movie and we'll cover a private jet and 7 nights at the St. Regis Bora Bora!

Lightyear-Mountain.png

yensidtlaw1969

On the contrary, I think floating mountains blend into the background much better than, say, Zootopia skyscrapers.

Pandora would work as a very nice transition from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland in my opinion.

But if they do this, I would hope they find someway to keep an underwater adventure in the lagoon.
I don't really think the Floating Mountains or Zootopia belong back there.

More than anything, my hope is that the Submarines remain. They could drop Nemo tomorrow and I wouldn't shed a tear, but the ride system is so unique and quintessentially Disneyland. They really deserve to be a better attraction than they currently are. I continue to hold hope that we're closer to the end of Nemo's reign over the subs than we are to the beginning of it, and that in a handful of years we'll see them transform into a more mysterious and compelling aquatic attraction.

I don't really expect that, but I do hope.

DLR92

Pandora should stay exclusive to Disney Animal Kingdom. Although it doesn’t fit with Animal Kingdom park tribute statement.

It also out of place in DCA. Where is room in DCA!? Not even the Simba lot is ideal if the plan is to condense every intellectual properties they own into a small land pad already.

I would not even get excited for it in Disneyland.

yensidtlaw1969

Pandora should stay exclusive to Disney Animal Kingdom. Although it doesn’t fit with Animal Kingdom park tribute statement.

It also out of place in DCA. Where is room in DCA!? Not even the Simba lot is ideal if the plan is to condense every intellectual properties they own into a small land pad already.

I would not even get excited for it in Disneyland.
I mean, while I don't think Avatar is what any of us pictured when they issued forth the park's dedication, it does in fact fit it:

"Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient, and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs, and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony, and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn."

I agree that Pandora would be a poor fit for both Disneyland and DCA in terms of theme, style, and scale. They should just build the Avengers ride they were planning using Flight of Passage's Flying Theatre system and call it spoken for.

truecoat

I read this thread title and thought "There's already a Pandora shop in New Orleans Square!"

Then I opened the thread and saw what we're talking about and said... "Oh, that Pandora. Nevermind." 🤣

SaneImperfectBernesemountaindog-size_restricted.gif

But that just makes my point. Avatar is not an impactful franchise. The E Ticket is well received in WDW because it's a big, splashy E Ticket in an amusement park that only has 8 rides. Eight.

Seriously, the amusement park Avatar is in has only 8 rides. And KiteTails.

Also, since Avatar was released over a decade ago I have never once had a child show up on my front porch at Halloween dressed as a blue alien. And for the 25+ years I lived in Villa Park, I gave out full-size Hershey bars and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups on Halloween, with custom made See's Candy gift baskets for Best Girl, Best Boy, and Best Family costume winners. No one has ever worn an Avatar costume on Halloween.

Avatar is just not a thing. Eight rides!

Someone better tell Lego. 4 sets come out October 1st.

J4546

I think Pandora could be really cool if they put it in Japan. Either park could work.

In DL build it where the Pirates section is now, and remake its adventureland.
As for Pirates, that gets relocated along with an entire harbor/town themed area in DeisneySea. Using the expansion pad beside IJ land and also redoing the Port Discovery where the nemo and aquatopia rides are. Make a bike immersive pirate town and bay themed area kinda like Shanghais Treasure Cove with a new state of the art PotC ride.

In DS Use the expansion pad and Port Discovery areas like mentioned above but instead of pirate theme give is a massive Pandora floating rock above the water....lots of cool stuff you could do, really.

Vegas Disney Fan

The Batuu proposal was just some shops/cantina/food and Rise. No falcon (set piece or ride). Rise is an operational nightmare. As I understand it, it was Paris leadership who rejected it and after the lackluster reception in the US to the land as a whole, they didn’t get much pushback.

No idea what will replace it, but Pandora seems like a reasonable bet.

I’d rather see Paris get Pandora rather than another Star Wars land but Studios has room for several more lands so there’s no reason they couldn’t have both. Most of Studios is forgettable so after the expansion opens they could knock down everything but ToT, Avengers, Ratatouille, and Crushes coaster and most guests probably wouldn’t mind… make the Crush corner of the park a Pixar land, bring midway mania and Slinky to toy story land and make it a real toy story land… tons of options because a lot of the space is currently filled with mediocre flat rides.

Pacnw

Disney begged OLC to buy Pandora for TDS. Made a huge deal about it at D23 Expo Japan. OLC was not moved, Fantasy Springs happened instead.

There has been at least one proposal to knock out subs/autopia/launch bay for Pandora, but that won't surface again unless the next couple movies do a ton of business.

The most logical places for Pandora to pop up in any form next - in my opinion - are WDS and SDL. With Batuu off the table for Paris, that park needs something else and there's just no way Disney will pay to design something from scratch for WDS. Avatar was popular in China, so once they get something Marvel off the ground in SDL, Pandora would be a logical thing to evaluate afterward.

DisneylandForward is still a very long, long way from coming to fruition. Pandora doesn't make sense in Anaheim under current conditions.
Interesting to say the least. But finding it hard to imagine the World of Pandora in that space. Not sure it would work. Thanks for sharing though!

smooch

I just wanted to share my thoughts but it seems most of them have been covered already. First off, I'd prefer no more single IP lands, especially in castle parks. I know management doesn't seem like that's gonna happen, so if it did come to DLR I would want a different land. I really loved how pretty and jaw-dropping the floating mountains were in person, even knowing the structural system of the mountains beforehand I was blown away. FoP is a fun ride, I know it's just a screen motion simulator in a park deprived of rides (but then again it is AK with plenty of other things to do) but I really enjoyed it when I visited WDW and I hope to ride it again in the relatively near future. I don't see how the sub / motorboat / Autopia section of the park could fit anything substantial in there, at least not without destroying the sightlines of the rest of the park, so maybe they won't care and do it anyways. I think the most logical but least impressive thing to do would be retheme the submarines to Avatar themed. I don't love or hate Nemo, but I do love the lagoon and the submarines and losing that section would feel like a big blow to the charm of Disneyland. The kinetic energy, the beautiful body of water and the waterfall add a lot to the area.

DCA wouldn't make sense, either. Nowhere would make sense for it. If they really want Avatar in the parks why can't they fit it in somewhere with a new ride and a new shop or restaurant without building a billion dollar land around the rest of it, especially in a park where space is limited and buildings aren't very tall so any large structures would be visible throughout the park. I know Disney has a few Avatar movies coming out but honestly I would much rather get nothing built in DLR and instead have Disney actually commit to adding attractions to one of their new lands like they always promise. Pandora at AK was supposed to get a new ride and restaurant after opening but Disney never went through with it. Celebrate the 4 new movies coming over the years with new stuff in your dedicated Avatar land that you haven't touched since opening, not building the same land / a similar land in another park and then never make anything in the parks with that IP again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom