Should Disney ever add Pandora to Disneyland or DCA

Should Disney ever add Pandora to Disneyland or DCA

• Yes

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • No

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

smooch

I also wanna just say I think Disney should accept letting certain parks have exclusive rides / areas. I know they wanna save money and double dip by building the exact same thing in multiple parks but if lands and rides end up making it to multiple parks every time then it isn't special and feels lazy (excluding classic rides they've cloned i.e. HM, PotC, BTMRR, etc.).

truecoat

DL Avatar.jpg

SuddenStorm

I also wanna just say I think Disney should accept letting certain parks have exclusive rides / areas. I know they wanna save money and double dip by building the exact same thing in multiple parks but if lands and rides end up making it to multiple parks every time then it isn't special and feels lazy (excluding classic rides they've cloned i.e. HM, PotC, BTMRR, etc.).

It's worth noting that in the past, when Disney would build a new version of the ride they would usually change it to make it fit the new park better. This era of copy/paste is relatively new and is doing a major disservice to their parks.

TP2000

Maybe it's best to wait until the new movie comes out to see if it's another Burbank flop?

Disney hasn't had a great track record of late for movies. And the original Avatar movie a decade ago was a big deal more for the the 3D tech than the actual story or characters. Especially the characters, who don't resonate or exist at all in pop culture today.

They built Pandora in a very weak theme park that only has 8 rides after Pandora opened. 8 rides. It basically can't fail there. Even if you count the parking lot tram as the 9th ride of the day.

Wait until this Christmas when the new movie comes out. If it's another Billion dollar hit and the kids go crazy for blue aliens, then we can talk about theme park expansion.

Until then, it's probably more likely we'd see an Apple Dumpling Gang overlay at Big Thunder Mountain before we see an Avatar expansion in Anaheim or anywhere else beyond Orlando. 8 rides.

Pacnw

Maybe it's best to wait until the new movie comes out to see if it's another Burbank flop?

Disney hasn't had a great track record of late for movies. And the original Avatar movie a decade ago was a big deal more for the the 3D tech than the actual story or characters. Especially the characters, who don't resonate or exist at all in pop culture today.

They built Pandora in a very weak theme park that only has 8 rides after Pandora opened. 8 rides. It basically can't fail there. Even if you count the parking lot tram as the 9th ride of the day.

Wait until this Christmas when the new movie comes out. If it's another Billion dollar hit and the kids go crazy for blue aliens, then we can talk about theme park expansion.

Until then, it's probably more likely we'd see an Apple Dumpling Gang overlay at Big Thunder Mountain before we see an Avatar expansion in Anaheim or anywhere else beyond Orlando. 8 rides.
Apple Dumpling Gang! Hahaha! Had forgotten that classic from my childhood years

truecoat

I'm sorry, A**** D******* G**** is offensive these days. Apple is too close to Apple Head, slang for a female who aged before their time due to meth use. Dumpling is slang for a short fat person and we all know about gangs.

The new name will be the Fruit Soup Kids. You heard it here first.

Ghost93

I don't think there is enough room at Disneyland for Pandora. I suspect Disney has plans to expand Pandora in Animal Kingdom but is waiting to see how Avatar: The Way of Water does at the box office.

If the Way of Water is a success, I could see Pandora being added to Tokyo Disneyland and Shanghai. But I can't picture two Pandora's in the United States, especially since it's one of the main draws to Animal Kingdom, and Disney wouldn't want to undermine that.

J4546

If Pandora Way of Water is a huge success I hope the dismantle Navi River Journey and rebuild it using Shanghai Pirates as the ride system and scale

The Empress Lilly

I think you do both DAK and Pandora a bit short.

DAK is still underbuilt, but it is nevertheless a full day park, and a great day too. WDW functions differently than DL. Both resorts have the same amount of attractions, but contrary to common judgement, to me fairly obviously having these 80-something attractions spread out over four rather than two parks is a tremendous positive. DAK, like EPCOT, is also about exploring vast areas of gorgeous themed environment.

As for Pandora, it's beautiful. A succes. Na'vi is underwhelming, but FoP is top. Both set in a charismatic land that wows and charms. It would be a draw even if built in DL in the place of GE.

Phroobar

DAK, like EPCOT, is also about exploring vast areas of gorgeous themed environment.
There is nothing more fun than hiking through trees in 100% humidity and 102 degree temperatures just to see a gorilla. DAK is a glorified zoo with a ride based on thirteen year old movie that was basically Pocahontas in space that has an under built attraction and a movie theater.

The Empress Lilly

There is nothing more fun than hiking through trees in 100% humidity and 102 degree temperatures just to see a gorilla. DAK is a glorified zoo with a ride based on thirteen year old movie that was basically Pocahontas in space that has an under built attraction and a movie theater.
That hike is one of the highlights of my trip.

A park can't be everything to all people. 🙂

20190828_181214.jpg20190828_180756.jpg20190828_180636.jpg

BubbaisSleep

Muh.
The San Diego zoo and San Diego Safari park is better and not as hot.

View attachment 663136
View attachment 663137
I’ve been to San Diego zoo twice this year and it will never get old. Such a gorgeous park to walk around. AK is amazing too though, it actually was my favorite park on my last December visit and the animals were very active/friendly. I avoid zoos/theme parks during hot humid summers, so I wouldn’t visit San Diego Zoo during a crowded hot summer either. AK is enjoyable during many times of the year.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom