Short April refurbishment scheduled for Pirates of the Caribbean

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Sounds like PhotoPass+ (or whatever they're calling it now) might be worth it again.

Our last trip was the first time in 6 trips that we didn't bother with it.

afar28

For me at least, this is useless for me. My reaction to the little drop isn't photo worthy, like my reaction is to the drop on Splash Mountain or Everest. But I'm sure some people will love it

Dj Corona

UGH! I get the fact that the bottom line always comes down to money, but at some point, doesn't somebody at a board meeting raise their hand at the back of the room and say, "It was a great enough ride to spawn a movie (and suspect sequels, let's be for real people on that), why do we keep screwing with it??" But they have, and still do with horrible results.

midwest_mice

I think a good picture spot would be in the pirate ship battle scene, have one big "explosion" from a cannon ball and get the guests reactions from that:jawdrop:

Bryansworld

Some Rides just do not need an on-ride photo. I could understand Big Thunder Mtn... but not Pirates. Lately Disney is showing they are just about making money. I know they are a business and that is something they need to do, but in the past it still felt like they wanted guests to have a good themed experience too.

FitzherbertFreak

Putting one on BTMR I get. Putting one on PotC I just cannot comprehend. I understand it is a classic and all, but, in my opinion, there is no designated spot to put a camera. As @afarese said, the drop isn't a thrill, and most people don't have a huge reaction. I don't know... I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Brian Noble

As someone mentioned earlier, the Parisian Pirates has a photo op. I don't remember exactly where it was, but I also don't remember thinking it was some great travesty. Then again, I like ride photos, so perhaps I'm not the best judge.

Skyway

As someone mentioned earlier, the Parisian Pirates has a photo op.

I've never been, but I believe the drop in DLP's ride occurs during an "explosion" of gunpowder barrels right after the flaming city scene (thrusting you into the skeleton treasure caves). So the flash during that drop is appropriate, and may have been there long before the photo capture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom