Short April refurbishment scheduled for Pirates of the Caribbean

fngoofy

It elongated the stand-by queue while shortening the Fastpass queue meaning that they can fit more people inside the building as they wait. The two queues used to be roughly the same length to make it fair for everyone, but with the change in distribution of guests they had to change the proportions of line.

Merge is there because you have to have a merge for Fastpass and it's not like they could just take out one loading dock and funnel both lines into one for a true merge, nor could they starve one side if there is no Fastpass demand because capacity would basically be halved.

Thank you, well said.

fngoofy

Amen on the cameras. My last 2 rides have been nearly ruined by people snapping photos. Maybe they should drop the pirate talk schtick and plainly say NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!

But people would probably still ignore it.

I swear, if the did a scene in the line like they have over at DHS in the POTC walk thru, where he greeted people, had a little fun, and clearly said in 3-4 languages "No Flash Photography...Savvy!" It would nip it in the bud.

And frankly, that is the type of interactivity they should be shooting for. More like the HP ride queue and less of the stupid "interactive" games. Disney used to be good and queue story telling and interesting things to look at. Now they think they need lame games instead of plussing the queue experience by utilizing tech (projections, lots of hidden things to see/find as you move thru the queue.

Bairstow

While the extra Animatronics from Disneyland's version would be nice, the one thing that hurts the most for me personally is the loss of the talking skull that was replaced with the Davy Jones projection at WDW.

At Disneyland they got to keep their talking skull plus they got the addition of the Davy Jones projection a few minutes later in the ride.

AND we lost our unique barker bird.

What really breaks my heart is that with the old queue music blaring at full volume you can no longer hear the WDW-unique chess-playing-skeletons music.

HairyLegPirate

Mediocre projection quality aside, could someone explain why WDW has never re-added Davy Jones to the waterfall projection? In DL, he and Blackbeard switch on and off but in WDW they just have Blackbeard. Been trying to figure this out since I went to DL last year.

Also: is there any way to see the skeletons playing chess now without going through the FP+ queue? When we went in April we kept getting shuffled off to the left queue and I missed one of my favorite queue moments in all of WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom