Short April refurbishment scheduled for Pirates of the Caribbean

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As someone mentioned earlier, the Parisian Pirates has a photo op. I don't remember exactly where it was, but I also don't remember thinking it was some great travesty. Then again, I like ride photos, so perhaps I'm not the best judge.
It used to be in the rock work skulls eye after the second drop. Now it's during the second drop. But since that's the middle of a dynamite explosion it isn't distracting or really noticeable. WDWs however will be in pitch black. Assuming that's where it will be.

Edit: already answered I see.

SirLink

It used to be in the rock work skulls eye after the second drop. Now it's during the second drop. But since that's the middle of a dynamite explosion it isn't distracting or really noticeable. WDWs however will be in pitch black. Assuming that's where it will be.

Edit: already answered I see.

Basically during Pirates 5 there will be a seen with a big flashing light to fuse into Pirates, I wonder how much it would cost Disney to expand the park west past the railtracks to create a Pirates land.

R W B

Guess ill put this here since its kind of on topic,

When was the last time potc completely drained of all the water or has it ever? I'd assume that'd be a really long refurb?

sloppy.joey

What about right before the drop with the skeleton and the ships wheel? Doesn't lightning flash over there? Perhaps they could work it into that.

CRxmas71

I wished they had over the holidays. I would have loved to get a picture of my daughter getting absolutely soaked with water. He crying her eyes out would have been a lovely keep sake. Taking her out in the cold night air was an added bonus .

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Unless it's a photo of me sitting in Jack Sparrow's lap and getting a kiss - I don't want anything to do with PP on PoTC

Edit: side-note @Clowd Nyne you have the cutest avatar...EVER!!!

BwanaBob

No word about photos coming.
Especially during this coming refurb.

Maybe during the rumored long refurb tentatively next yr. Have heard a lot of chatter regarding that refurb.

Next Big Thing

No word about photos coming.
Especially during this coming refurb.

Maybe during the rumored long refurb tentatively next yr. Have heard a lot of chatter regarding that refurb.
2 days seems like an awful short window to install that type of thing, so while I don't know anything, i'd tend to think that makes more sense.

Redhawk

Some Rides just do not need an on-ride photo. I could understand Big Thunder Mtn... but not Pirates. Lately Disney is showing they are just about making money. I know they are a business and that is something they need to do, but in the past it still felt like they wanted guests to have a good themed experience too.
I was just thinking of that: how Disney is showing us more obviously all the time that they are primarily interested in making money over giving us a fantastic experience. Sure the experience can still be great, but it's not as good for me if I see clearly how they're constantly trying to get into my wallet. Makes it kind of hard to see the "magic".

Last edited:

Bryansworld

I agree 100% Redhawk. Which is why Im going to Universal and Busch Gardens Tampa for the 3 days I will be in town later this month. Once some new things open, and some magic happens... then I will stop in and see what the House of the Mouse offers me.

Redhawk

I'm right with you, Bryansworld. I just did a solo trip to the World and enjoyed it despite seeing the need for updates, refurbs, a few NEW attractions, and a few less obvious attempts to separate me from my money. However, I don't feel any need to return for perhaps 4-5 years. In March I plan for my husband and I to go for the first time to Universal.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well here is an unnerving tweet:

Matthew Gottula ‏@DLthings 5m
Pirates queue stretches all the way to Haunted Mansion and over the footbridge and back and it closes for refurb tomorrow
1f602.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom