Shopping! Food! Other stuff! 11/21

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Lotsa pics forth coming..

2 new eateries around World Showcase
Art of Disney on Mainstreet open
Main Street Crystal shop expands - includes weapons!
Contemporary shop opens
SSE signs lit up
Twinkle lights at Epcot
And possibly a video of evil spectro clowns - and much more.. in a few :)

Edit: Also included...

New SSE signage
SSE video screens
Gingerbread
Velcro

And more stuff i'm sure I forgot!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok, i suck, i took like 20 photos of SSE's signs on, and this is the best one:

nshop01.jpg

Yes, for shame.. Here's the runner up..

nshop31.jpg

Pretend you're seeing it through tears of joy that blur your vision or something.. Anywho, other SSE signs, like this fabu new one in the post-show:

nshop02.jpg

And i regret to inform you that the SSE vehicle/monitor pics did not come out. Luckily, they were not on the screens on, but rather of the screens and vehicle status - beat up, patched, and unpainted in areas. Them puppies aint ready for primetime yet.

Elsewhere in Epcot.. we got "Promenade" eatery - whose walls are semi-opaque glass so it sorta glows at night.. oo.. aah... It's by WS plaza.

nshop03.jpg

Here's the menu.. sorta blurry, my theme for tonight..

nshop04.jpg

And here's the new American Adventure place, the Fife and Drum Tavern, which has an identicle menu... me thinks Disney got a few complaints about not being able to find "normal" food in Epcot..

nshop06.jpg

And yes, both places were packed - people want their hot dogs. Before I forget - this is what the velcro exhibit looks like:

nshop05.jpg

It's been closed since before jeebus and they only managed to strategicly place a few cinder blocks. Must be on the Japan-refurb urgency schedule.

I dont know if these were always at American Adventure, but I like them, faux copper:

nshop09.jpg

And a twinke light, whose video shall be up later.. They are in every single tree along the WS bridge from Future World. All sparkley and magical.

nshop10.jpg

More in moments..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
But first a detour to the new shop! (I literally saw it was open and got back on another monorail to the Contemporary)

nshop19.jpg

Nifty, no?

nshop18.jpg

Photo tour:

nshop17.jpg

nshop16.jpg

nshop15.jpg

nshop14.jpg

nshop13.jpg

nshop11.jpg

And for good measure, the repainted elevator:

nshop20.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
MK new store time!

nshop21.jpg

To the left, to the left (Beyonce aint got nothin on me)

nshop22.jpg

To the right to the right.. (people the heck out my photo!)

nshop23.jpg

And inside..

nshop24.jpg

It's a pretty typical art-o-disney store, but the clips of Mickey cartons at the rear are a nice touch.

nshop25.jpg

The crystal shop that replaced the end bit of the bakery expanded back into the abandoned alley..

nshop29.jpg

And it has refurb walls inside and might go even further:

nshop28.jpg

And look, glass slippers!

nshop26.jpg

And most importantly, weapons!

nshop27.jpg

So the store uner the castle pretty much relocated here. Now, last and finally, probably least.. the queue for Swiss Family Treehouse, which should be getting much use in the coming days:

nshop30.jpg

Off to work on videos of twinkle lights and evil clowns.

sweetpee_1993

OMG! OMG! OMG! The shop is open!!! Thank you thank you thank you! I teared up. Is that normal? LOL! It looks so fun and inviting. I can't wait to be there to see and experience it. Yaaaayyy!!!

Thanks again, Merf. You rock!

Rob562

My one question about the new store at the Contemporary... How do they lock it up when it's time to close? I see that there's glass doors in the "Sorcerer's Hat" archways, and that there's glass panels between each shelf, but the open ends under the Mickey ears are escaping me. Are there some sort of retractable barriers in those two black columns on either side? There doesn't seem to be doors, or a track in the floor...

Oh, and great pics, Merf! I'll get to see all this in two weeks! Yay!

-Rob

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I think the center part with the doors closes, and the other things each have a roll-down that closes each of them up. Each of the display units, not the ears. I remember seeing one of them closed or shut and thinking it was a bit weird.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ah, the very first photo, the overhead - pretend you're inside the shop in the center part, looking at Bay View Gifts through the blue door. Directly to the left is the one display thing that is closed.

Rob562

Ah, the very first photo, the overhead - pretend you're inside the shop in the center part, looking at Bay View Gifts through the blue door. Directly to the left is the one display thing that is closed.

Hmmm... That's very odd. That they'd install glass doors capable of closing (and I'm assuming locking) in the blue archways, and yet leave the ends open, requiring each shelving unit in the store to be individually covered and locked. Very odd...

I wonder if they're still working on building some sort of closure for the ends, but they're not done yet. And to get the store open, they just put in the covers for each shelf...

-Rob

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The archways are supposed top have more to them - the concept art showed them having glass doors which required a frame.

Maybe they went to the each-shelf scheme to loose those doors (they ruined the arch kinda) and the other glass doors just were left over from the original design?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok, the store aside..

Am I the only one who finds the wording on the new SSE sign very interesting? It seems to be the first hint at how they're doing the new direction of the attraction..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom