Seven Dwarves Mine Train Frequently Breaking Down?

PortOrleans

Original Poster
On my latest trip to Walt Disney World, this month, I noticed that the Seven Dwarves Mine Train was temporarily closed quite often. Anyone have insight as to why this particular ride is so frequently closed?

natatomic

It's been raining/storming a lot this past month. ;)

Rain might be an issue for some older coasters, but unless there's lightning in the area, most roller coasters (at least at Disney) are able to operate normally. I mean, rain doesn't effect Expedition Everest.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Rain might be an issue for some older coasters, but unless there's lightning in the area, most roller coasters (at least at Disney) are able to operate normally. I mean, rain doesn't effect Expedition Everest.

If it's raining hard they usually shut them down. For a lighter rain no but a hard rain they do. :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Ah, that was never our policy when I worked Everest, but that was the only outdoor roller coaster I ever worked.

Maybe EE does not but I have never tried to ride that one in pouring down rain. Haha! But maybe the technology on 7DMT with the swinging cars and such is an issue with really heavy rain. Who knows! Lol :happy:

natatomic

Maybe EE does not but I have never tried to ride that one in pouring down rain. Haha! But maybe the technology on 7DMT with the swinging cars and such is an issue with really heavy rain. Who knows! Lol :happy:

Possibly. I think BTMR can be temperamental in the rain due to it's age, but I just assumed newer coasters wouldn't have that problem. But yeah, like you said, maybe there are other factors with 7DMT that cause rain to be an issue. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom