Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

hammysammy59

Original Poster
So the Fantasyland Expansion in general is just a cool, exciting development. But the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has super captured my imagination. I'm legitimately surprised by how geeked I am for this. It's not like I'm a huge Snow White fan or anything. This just seems like such a perfect idea for a ride, and it blows my mind we haven't seen it sooner.

The concept of having a PERFECTLY-themed thrill ride in Fantasyland is awesome to me. FL needs a ride like this. Finally, FL will have it's own "mountain"! (Adventureland, you're next!)

And the theme itself is so, SO ripe. We've seen a more serious, steampunk underground adventure with Journey to the Center of the Earth over in DisneySea, but a cartoony, fantasy version has so much potential it's SICK. It's like combining Big Thunder Mountain with Space Mountain.

I don't know, I'm just super psyched for this. I can't help but picture minecarts (don't even get me started on the brand-new ride system SO AWESOME) whooshing by cheery Dwarf AAs and big beautiful, glowing, glittering gems and crystals. Underground waterfalls and lakes, and maybe even a room or two of total, SM-style darkness. Maybe a run-in with the evil Queen? If Disney does this in true WDW fashion, Fantasyland has a new killer app, and one that fits perfectly.

Is anybody else freaking out about this? I love this idea!

Spike-in-Berlin

So the Fantasyland Expansion in general is just a cool, exciting development. But the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has super captured my imagination. I'm legitimately surprised by how geeked I am for this. It's not like I'm a huge Snow White fan or anything. This just seems like such a perfect idea for a ride, and it blows my mind we haven't seen it sooner.

The concept of having a PERFECTLY-themed thrill ride in Fantasyland is awesome to me. FL needs a ride like this. Finally, FL will have it's own "mountain"! (Adventureland, you're next!)

And the theme itself is so, SO ripe. We've seen a more serious, steampunk underground adventure with Journey to the Center of the Earth over in DisneySea, but a cartoony, fantasy version has so much potential it's SICK. It's like combining Big Thunder Mountain with Space Mountain.

I don't know, I'm just super psyched for this. I can't help but picture minecarts (don't even get me started on the brand-new ride system SO AWESOME) whooshing by cheery Dwarf AAs and big beautiful, glowing, glittering gems and crystals. Underground waterfalls and lakes, and maybe even a room or two of total, SM-style darkness. Maybe a run-in with the evil Queen? If Disney does this in true WDW fashion, Fantasyland has a new killer app, and one that fits perfectly.

Is anybody else freaking out about this? I love this idea!

Exactly what I think about. Always when I went into the "Seven Dwarfs Mine" shop I thought, "wouldn't that name fit much better to a mine train ride than just a simple and not too large gift shop?"
And finally we get it.
Yes I am very thrilled too and it's actually the part of the FLE I am excited about the most.

allgar

I'm certainly excited for this ride. I would love to see it be a bit like Splash Mountain, part inside, part outside, lots of theming all around. That said, if it moves fast it won't get that kind of attention to detail. Still one can hope. I do think it will be similar in style to the Crush's Coaster in DLP, which I can attest is a fun ride.

My only fear about getting all psyched about it is that I'll build it up too much and be disappointed. I was pretty excited for Star Tours II and The Little Mermaid rides, which I visited earlier this year in DL. Both were good rides, but they aren't "home runs" IMHO. I remember getting myself all excited for the two rides and being diappointed. Not because they weren't good, but because I was hoping for something else...

This time I'm going to do my best to stay grounded and just enjoy what I get. *smile* or at least I'll try.

Scuttle

Your not the only one. I am sooo excited for this. This is light years better than a stupid meet and greet. I do hope there are a few total darkness scenes. I have high hopes for this ride!

jjharvpro

I was overly excited when they updated the New Fantasyland earlier this year. This perfectly tops off the FLE. The Mine Train Coaster sells it for me. It's bringing something completely new to any Fantasyland.

But why isn't Disney releasing more details/concept art like they are for Mermaid, Beast's Castle, and Storybook Circus? I know construction hasn't exactly begun behind the walls though..

hammysammy59

Original Poster
Derp, I forgot FLE had it's own forum. Aaaaand there's already a thread in this forum about the Mine Train, obviously. I was wondering why no one was talking about this! They were. :lookaroun

Mods, feel free to lock or merge this with the pre-existing thread.

Lee

Adventurer
If I may...

Me thinks ya'll may be expecting a bit much...

It's a nice little D-Ticket ride. Nothing on the scale of Splash or Big Thunder, nothing remotely like Journey at TDS.

Cute. Short-ish. Pretty. Couple show scenes. That's pretty much it.
Better than the original plan for that spot, but not the headliner that MK is well overdue for.:shrug:

But why isn't Disney releasing more details/concept art like they are for Mermaid, Beast's Castle, and Storybook Circus? I know construction hasn't exactly begun behind the walls though
D23 Expo should provide new art and info.

hammysammy59

Original Poster
Bummer. I mean, D ticket's better than something even smaller, but I was obviously hoping for an E. I feel like Fantasyland needs something like that, but this is still sounding pretty cool.

pppapazo

Better than the original plan for that spot, but not the headliner that MK is well overdue for.:shrug:

I'm just glad they're building a themed roller coaster for the smaller set. Sure, there's the Barnstormer, but even rethemed as the Great Goofini, it's an exposed kiddie coaster that I think is completely out of place in the Magic Kingdom. Over at Disneyland, the theme of the similar Gadget's Go-Coaster makes it work better, but only slightly.

I'm envisioning the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train as a kind of "gateway drug" to Big Thunder, and I think that fits Fantasyland just fine.

erasure fan1

I'm just glad they're building a themed roller coaster for the smaller set. Sure, there's the Barnstormer, but even rethemed as the Great Goofini, it's an exposed kiddie coaster that I think is completely out of place in the Magic Kingdom.

Hopefully unlike the barnstormer its more than 20sec long once you get over the lift hill. I hope by "shortish" that means a couple minutes at least.

aladdin2007

If I may...

Me thinks ya'll may be expecting a bit much...

It's a nice little D-Ticket ride. Nothing on the scale of Splash or Big Thunder, nothing remotely like Journey at TDS.

D23 Expo should provide new art and info.

All of the sudden there are rumblings on other sites that the whole mine train project has been cut all together, surely not though right?

MerlinTheGoat

I'm sure it will be a step above the current Snow White ride. Ours is all mixed up in terms of show scenes and incredibly dated (containing none of the neat newer effects and such seen at DL and DLP).

I'd never expect a Big Thunder coaster. I expect something akin to Barn Stormer only considerably longer. I'm expecting it to have slow and faster parts as well. I basically want a really well themed dark ride. Having a slightly fast element will just be icing on the cake here. More than likely, it will have to go slower in some areas if there are a lot of detailed show scenes with characters.

Very excited to see more of it. Suffice to say, i'm not excited for this for thrills (if i want that, i'll just ride a REAL big mountain coaster). I am hyped because i find the Fantasyland dark rides charming and full of creativity. I like mines too, don't ask me why i just do. :p

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
All of the sudden there are rumblings on other sites that the whole mine train project has been cut all together, surely not though right?

I thought this the second they pushed it into a de-facto phase 2. The area seems ripe for some TDO cutbacks. Maybe a play area, or a "temporary" meet and greet landing. Hopefully I am being overly pessimistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom