Service Dogs

nitstalker

Original Poster
Like everything else. This will continue until it is abused too much. Fake handicaps to get in front of the line. Disney had to change the rules for that. People lying to about medicine to get free refrigerators in their rooms until disney just decided it was easier to have them in each room. Don't even get me started about the scooters. Everyone is a scammer

When we were driving down every year - the first trip I went to Home Depot and bought the same little fridge they put in the rooms - was like $50 or something - Kept it in the garage - called it the Disney fridge LOL

Not once did anyone even question it :) - I know that's cheating lol but hey what were they charging like 10-15 bucks a day?

Goofyernmost

I wish it it were that simple.
It’s assumed to be caused by allergies, improper diet, or a suppressed immune system.
Could be, but, animals are not people. I don't think it was intended that they should have to wear shoes. It saves there paws from the abuse that humans subject them too, but, that doesn't make it something that doesn't go against nature.

Isher

Could be, but, animals are not people. I don't think it was intended that they should have to wear shoes. It saves there paws from the abuse that humans subject them too, but, that doesn't make it something that doesn't go against nature.

Ehh... it’s not like humans evolved to wear Nike’s. It’s just as unnatural for us to wear shoes as it is for them.

Goofyernmost

Ehh... it’s not like humans evolved to wear Nike’s. It’s just as unnatural for us to wear shoes as it is for them.
And look how bad our feet smell. There are contests to see who has the smelliest shoes. I guess that misery loves company. The combination of shoes and bacteria are the same for all living creatures, the difference is we have a choice, they don't.

Isher

And look how bad our feet smell. There are contests to see who has the smelliest shoes. I guess that misery loves company. The combination of shoes and bacteria are the same for all living creatures, the difference is we have a choice, they don't.

Okay, but shoes don’t cause yeast to overgrow.

Yeast overgrowth is very common in dogs despite the fact that dogs don’t typically wear shoes. The shoe just traps the smell and intensifies it. The same type of thing would happen if a dog with a yeast overgrowth burrowed underneath a blanket. Once you lifted that blanket off the dog you will be blasted with a yeasty smell. Did the blanket cause the yeast to grow? No, it was already there.

Goofyernmost

Okay, but shoes don’t cause yeast to overgrow.

Yeast overgrowth is very common in dogs despite the fact that dogs don’t typically wear shoes. The shoe just traps the smell and intensifies it. The same type of thing would happen if a dog with a yeast overgrowth burrowed underneath a blanket. Once you lifted that blanket off the dog you will be blasted with a yeasty smell. Did the blanket cause the yeast to grow? No, it was already there.
How do we know for sure that it is yeast overgrowth. I'm not saying your wrong, but, I for one, have never heard of that. My whole comment on shoes was tongue in cheek to begin with so lets just let it go.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As someone with a service dog that has been to WDW with me for 5 years I am now frightened to take her because of all the "service dogs" that have attacked, barked at & relieved themselves all over the parks & resorts & owners leaving the gifts for someone else to deal with.. I will not put my dog's life in jeopardy because of all the fake dogs, horses & I think someone said monkey in a stroller.. YIKES! I have also been bitten by one of them as it lunged at my dog.. Something has to be done!
Maybe file an ADA action against those companies who won't screen out untrained animals...?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
When we were driving down every year - the first trip I went to Home Depot and bought the same little fridge they put in the rooms - was like $50 or something - Kept it in the garage - called it the Disney fridge LOL

Not once did anyone even question it :) - I know that's cheating lol but hey what were they charging like 10-15 bucks a day?
I know how you feel. My rice cooker often travels with me for the same reason.

Isher

How do we know for sure that it is yeast overgrowth. I'm not saying your wrong, but, I for one, have never heard of that. My whole comment on shoes was tongue in cheek to begin with so lets just let it go.

Happily. I wasn’t trying to argue. Sorry, I didn’t get that your original comment was tongue in cheek.

People commented about their dogs smelling of popcorn and Fritos. That’s typically an indicator of yeast, besides itching and licking of course. I just wanted to point that out because it can be a real pain to control if it grows too much. That is all. I’m really not trying to give veterinary advice, just some friendly caution.

Jayhawker

I did notice a lot more dogs at Disney during my most recent trip earlier this month. They did not bother me and were all well trained real service dogs.

correcaminos

Like everything else. This will continue until it is abused too much. Fake handicaps to get in front of the line. Disney had to change the rules for that. People lying to about medicine to get free refrigerators in their rooms until disney just decided it was easier to have them in each room. Don't even get me started about the scooters. Everyone is a scammer

Your last comment really makes me wonder if you get how hard it is to tour the parks in a scooter. You need patience and a lot of extra time per ride and such using one. I think those who think ECV people are scammers have no idea really. The GAC was a scam for some but at least it's equal now.

jloucks

Not everyone can afford to insure their dog for $50,000 That doesn't make them fake.

You're kidding me right? Somebody has that dog insured, it may not be you, but it is insured. It is a high dollar asset. Only people with very bad judgment (or that are self insured, i.e. rich) acquire high dollar assets and then don't insure.

spock8113

This is a tough one for Disney and all of us because we have to take people at their word otherwise be slapped with a civil suit.
This has been a doctors' dilemma since since the dawn of patients. Only now there are lawyers.

I hate to say it, but like this “service animal”, we’ve all seen people in handicapped carts driving around the parks that clearly don’t need them and use them to simply get around and get on-line first. We keep our opinions to ourselves because you don’t want to appear has heartless or cruel and maybe what you see isn’t the whole story.

Just like people w/handicapped tags that clearly don’t have a handicap for a closer spot to park. This is where the person literally hops down out of their Escalade in a gymsuit and runs in to get a “cofefe ”.
If your in a gymsuit...walk a little further!
We, just like Disney, can’t say anything for fear of litigation and maybe being just plain wrong.

Now, please, people who clearly need these things don’t get on my case because I have a feeling that anyone with true handicaps and service animals are aware of these same characters.

No pardon me while I get on Tower of Terror with my hungry service python.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom