Service Dogs

jloucks

My Greyhound was dumb as a box of rocks but we loved her just the same. She was our 40 MPH couch potato.

:):D:p

I have met a bunch of greyhounds though greyhound rescue groups. 40MPH couch potato is about right (and hilarious). Dumb, cute, and kind personalities. Perfect for adoptions. Poopoor for service animals. I do like them, fwiw, and would not rule out owning one. ...almost did wind up with one. Several times.

lauren_and_phaz

Hi there, SDiT handler and professional dog trainer here. My service dog in training is a miniature Australian Shepherd named Captain Phasma.
Service dogs can be any breed, provided they have the proper training and are not physically limited in doing their job (I.e. you wouldn’t use a chihuahua for counterbalance or an English bulldog to pull a wheelchair).
They also don’t have to come from a program, many people owner-train their dogs (as I have) or choose to have a professional trainer help them pick out and train a puppy or shelter dog.
Anxiety, clinical depression, and PTSD are definitely valid disabilities. Psychiatric Service Dogs are as real and valid as a mobility, guide, or seizure alert dogs.

My SDiT, our partner team, and I will be visiting WDW next week as part of finalizing her training. Hopefully we don’t run into any fakes, but if we do we will not hesitate educate and inform (and report the heck outta them to the nearest CM)
066D5574-D84F-467E-BC96-BC315760EE4A.jpeg
UPDATE:
We just returned from Disney and had an amazing time. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask 😊

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom