Seriously... Thats It???

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
So let me understand this correctly... I'm not one to complain but seriously... All Jay had to announce was a new celebration??? and some new street party stuff. I am so disappointed... Please tell me that I missed something, please tell me that I accidentally fell asleep and during my slumber he announced something that someone would actually care about. Disney Disney, oh where have you gone?

Enigma

Account Suspended
So let me understand this correctly... I'm not one to complain but seriously... All Jay had to announce was a new celebration??? and some new street party stuff. I am so disappointed... Please tell me that I missed something, please tell me that I accidentally fell asleep and during my slumber he announced something that someone would actually care about. Disney Disney, oh where have you gone?

You obviously haven't been reading my posts for the last few days. There will be nothing substantial added to WDW until AT LEAST 2012.

Oriolesmagic

Yup seriously.

Dream Finder

I like the idea of going in for free in my birthday. With the recent additions and the economy I didn't expect much more. Disney oh Disney. I still love you!

dwightshrutefan

Theres another annoucement in October 6th or 4th i belive, but thats about the cruise.

I mean, its is pretty big to get into the park for your birthday!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What did you expect? These press conferences rarely have anything to do with parks at all let alone new attractions. About the only time they even mention attractions are when one that we have been following for years is about to open (ie E:E).

I got exactly what I expected.....the next Disney marketing campaign.

PKD

I think the concept of the new campaign is very interesting. It could be a great idea, or it could fall flat. I do believe that they will be able to reach the emotions of their guest and get exactly the reaction they are looking for....more visitors & special packages to be purchased.

Their new TV spot even does a good job of bringing out emotions & reasons to "celebrate"

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/di...lYouCelebrate/index?name=CelebrationVideoPage

PintoColvig

So, let me see who this excludes or impacts very little...
  • AP holders
  • Most people who will attend 5+ days on expiring MYW tickets.
  • Most school-aged children with birthdays occuring during the school year
  • Most parents with a birthday occuring during the school year who also have kids in school
  • Me

The marketing campaigns keep getting lamer and lamer. :snore:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
So, let me see who this excludes or impacts very little...
  • AP holders
  • Most people who will attend 5+ days on expiring MYW tickets.
  • Most school-aged children with birthdays occuring during the school year
  • Most parents with a birthday occuring during the school year who also have kids in school
  • Me

The marketing campaigns keep getting lamer and lamer. :snore:

AP holders or those with MYW tickets can still a $75 gift card on the birthday. I'll take it.

t3techcom18

Yeah, count me in the hugely disappointed crowd. All this hoopla was literally for a bunch of hot air. Like Pinto said, in the long run, this sure isn't gunna be a good and successful campaign with tons of factors that go against it. Sure, the idea is nice; but your "free birthday ticket" is a ONE DAY, ONE PARK ticket????.....

Talk about cheap.... :mad:

As much I trust him with news and rumors, I hope Martin's right. At this rate, I would very much prefer another year YOMD to continue instead of this. The so called 'celebrations' have turned into what their second main objective was: a marketing ploy.

PintoColvig

AP holders or those with MYW tickets can still a $75 gift card on the birthday. I'll take it.
It still leaves me out and the rest of my 5-person family. All of our birthdays fall during the school year and we're too far to make it for birthdays that land on weekends. :shrug:

ccmuffin2

YOu must be kidding !!! You people must have a problem understanding this .This is the greatest promotion of all time it's like Walt Disney decrees you get in for free on your birthday !!! and if you are a loyal customer heres a gift card because we LOVE YOU !!! this is not like " Year of a Million Dreams " or any other promotion . You show up at the gate YOU WON ! Lets just say there's people who never had money to get in the park ..Happy Birthday come on in for free !!!

PintoColvig

YOu must be kidding !!! You people must have a problem understanding this .This is the greatest promotion of all time it's like Walt Disney decrees you get in for free on your birthday !!! and if you are a loyal customer heres a gift card because we LOVE YOU !!! this is not like " Year of a Million Dreams " or any other promotion . You show up at the gate YOU WON ! Lets just say there's people who never had money to get in the park ..Happy Birthday come on in for free !!!
You've got to be able to get there first...and on your birthday. At least with YOAMD, I could register to win at home.

Now, if they want to send a gift card to my house...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom