september now a busy season??

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I had a very hard time getting reservations this year. All the places I wanted to eat at had no reservations or were not available until very late at night.
me too.... but for the resorts. lol

i made res. in april/mayish (cant recall exactly) and the only value resort left was AS-S. I wanted to stay at Pop. oh well. luckily we got a res for artist point one night at 6pm and breakfast at Boma at 8:15. I wanted to eat earlier then that but the lady said that she wouldnt schedule anything earlier the 8:15 for me since transportation doesnt start until 7 and it would take us awhile to get to TTC and then back to AKL. huh? i guess they are really working on informing guest and preventing people missing there res.

EchoOfOphelia

I have gone in Sept now twice, once in 2003 and once in 2005 for the third week in Sept, and are going again that same week this year (in 10 days :sohappy: )

We always chose that week because we figure that the weather is still really nice and that most parents would be reluctant to take their kids out of school so early in the school year. Now I'm not a parent, and I don't mean anything by that, its just an observation. I have definately noticed that Sept is getting just a bit more crowded than usual. Just try to stay away from the Night of Joy thing and Sept should be okay :rolleyes:

RedBaron

Wow, amazing how things are changing. We used to always go at this time of year and frequently left like today (day after labor day) assuming most people would want their kids to be there for the first day of school. We never had any crowds at this time of year. It was so relaxing. We would also make our dinner priority seating day by day and never had a problem getting a table on or pretty close to the time we wanted.

doc_holiday3500

We went in September two years ago, and never waited more than 20 minutes. We are going again in 4 days and are expecting it to be fairly quiet. It makes sense that it's hard to get an ADR because of the high percentage of people with free dining.

I read on one of the threads here that Disney's plan with the free dining was more to attract tourists that would already be in Orlando at the time and give them an increased incentive to stay at a Disney Resort rather than off site. I'm sure there will be people who will be coming down because of the free dining but not enough to notice a mass influx of people into the park.

Either way we'll see soon enough.

majortom1981

I just came back

I just came back from disney and ride waits were no more then 20 minutes unless they had one side closed on rides like pirates then the waits were very bad.

But mainly never longer then 20 minutes long.

se8472

yeah didn't read much but space today didn't get above a 10 minute wait.

In fact, I think the opening rush had the longest line of the day.

k.snappx16

:king:I go in 5 days!!!! we leave sunday to stay at the Beach Club Villas!!!!!!! yess never stayed there but it should be really funn! :sohappy: .

<3 K. Snapp:king:

dandaman

It definitely seems to have been more crowded this trip than last... still, lines were minimal at most. Even Soarin' never got over 20 minutes when I was there. I rode twice in the standby line at 2 PM!

dandaman

:king:I go in 5 days!!!! we leave sunday to stay at the Beach Club Villas!!!!!!! yess never stayed there but it should be really funn! :sohappy: .

I just went over there last Friday to visit a few people. The area is fantastic, but the rooms are especially spectacular. Enjoy :wave:

P.S. You might see a gator near the pool area like I did :lookaroun

vmkaddict

I've gone in September for the past 5 years and going again in 4 days....even with the dining plan last year, the crowds were minimal. I'm spoiled and can't see going at any other time of the year. The only things that I considered busy were the restaurants, getting ressies is an absolute must. I'll find out in 4 days if it is busier than it has been in the past 5 years.:sohappy:

Unplugged

we're going for the first time the last week of September....we've always gone at Christmas or in May. I hope it's very quiet and relaxing when we get there.

:hammer:

We always go in September (except for 1 year). In fact, we'll be there this year last week of Sep & first week of Oct. too. We always find everything more accessible, shorter lines, and yes...very relaxing. I;m sure you'll have a very Magical time!

GrimmGhosts999

We always go in September (except for 1 year). In fact, we'll be there this year last week of Sep & first week of Oct. too. We always find everything more accessible, shorter lines, and yes...very relaxing. I;m sure you'll have a very Magical time!

that's good to know....thanks

Figments Friend

Well we have always gone in september for the past 10 years...and even last year with the free dining in september it was pretty slow, but now reading different trip reports with people going in august and september it sounds like it changing...does any one feel it has gotten busier these months now?? We purposly go after labor day now cause we always seen how busy it was labor day weekend and the nite of joy as well...feel free for any info...

OMG WE LEAVE IN 9 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yahooo!!!!!!!!!POR here come!!!

sorry just a little excited!!!!! HAVE A ZIPPITY DO DA DAY!!!!!:sohappy:

Well howdy Dixiegirl..

I'll be leaving for Neverland too in 7 DAYS!!

See ya down there!!

Have a Magical time!!

:king:

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Well howdy Dixiegirl..

I'll be leaving for Neverland too in 7 DAYS!!

See ya down there!!

Have a Magical time!!

:king:

LOL.... you too!!!! I can't believe all the waiting will finally be over...well till next september....but lets not even think about that!!! i want this vacation to seem endless!!

AEfx

The bottom line is this :

WDW in a general upswing right now, period. In some ways, it's never "dead" any more, as it had been in some seasons in recent years past.

However, during slower times, like September, the busiest day isn't even going to begin to look lke the slowest day in July. It's all about perspective.

Free Dining does impact the crowds at dining, and as suggested reservations are a must for sit-down dining during that period. However, crowd levels should be pleasantly managable, and even using the most lax of touring plans you should still be able to stay ahead of the crowds.

Good luck!

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom