September 15, 2011 Magic Kingdom Hours

mgpan

FYI the early close that evening is for the Walt Disney Legacy Award Recipients Gala.

RP

Thanks for letting me know. If it's closing early, and hopefully some front line cast members will be recognized, this is a reason i can be happy about! Does Disney have a website discussing the program and highlighting past winners? Just wondering if some of our favorite cast members we've met through the years might have been awarded. Seems like publicly promoting the "little guys" would be a great morale booster.:)

k10vodka

Thanks for letting me know. If it's closing early, and hopefully some front line cast members will be recognized, this is a reason i can be happy about! Does Disney have a website discussing the program and highlighting past winners? Just wondering if some of our favorite cast members we've met through the years might have been awarded. Seems like publicly promoting the "little guys" would be a great morale booster.:)

My aunt (celebrating 40 years this September as a cast member) just called me an hour ago and told me that she was receiving a legacy award. I asked her if there was anywhere online where there is any information about it so can look it up but she wasn't sure and she said she would find out and let me know. I have tried google and couldn't find any real information. When i hear back from her later tonight i will let you know if there is anywhere to see the information online!

Kamikaze

My aunt (celebrating 40 years this September as a cast member) just called me an hour ago and told me that she was receiving a legacy award. I asked her if there was anywhere online where there is any information about it so can look it up but she wasn't sure and she said she would find out and let me know. I have tried google and couldn't find any real information. When i hear back from her later tonight i will let you know if there is anywhere to see the information online!

So shes worked at the resort since its opened? Thats amazing!

mgpan

K10 Tell her Congrats for me!

I'll admit I'm quick to recognize problems on my visits, but I'm also one to recognize time and time again what has made our trips special and continues to do so, great cast members. I've run into some that couldn't spell customer service, and some who's names I still remember from trips 15 years ago and still look for every time i visit just to see if they are still there. I expect well maintained parks and pleasant cast members and think that should be a given, but there are those that truly seem like they want to be working there and care and it shows. Even if it's just asking my little guy about his Mickey shirt or Lightning McQueen shoes. In other words, they "get it."

More should be done to recognize those that go above and beyond to try and keep the magic alive with 100th time or 1st time visitors. They run all kinds of press releases about upper management moves and promotions, but the ones that make it happen for $/hr. don't get the attention they deserve. :wave:

Mukta

FYI the early close that evening is for the Walt Disney Legacy Award Recipients Gala.

RP

I booked a dinner at CG when the park hours were still til 9 pm. I am bummed that there won't be fireworks to watch, but I am really happy for the award recipients. That is a great reason to close the park early.

Pioneer Hall

I booked a dinner at CG when the park hours were still til 9 pm. I am bummed that there won't be fireworks to watch, but I am really happy for the award recipients. That is a great reason to close the park early.

I would think there might be a chance for a private viewing of wishes at the event. I obviously have no idea one way or the other, but it seems like something they might do at a special event like this. So perhaps you will get to see them after all.

mickey2008.1

thats why people should look at park hours before they book ADRS and where they are going.This site provides that info, and that is why we did not book/ plan on going to MK that day. Our trip has been in the planning for 6 months, and Knew that info. Now if they closed MK earlier without notice until now, we would have been upset. Two words. Plan it!!!

ajurich

Early mk closing

I checked times 6 months prior to making adr .saw closing was at 6:eek:o pm so i made adr for 5:30 pm at tonys but recieved a call yesterday saying the restaurant closes at 3:00 pm could they give me a earlier dinner res said no thanks i would make one somewhere else. Asked why the early closing got no response abouy why just standard thanks and have a wonderful vacation

Mukta

thats why people should look at park hours before they book ADRS and where they are going.This site provides that info, and that is why we did not book/ plan on going to MK that day. Our trip has been in the planning for 6 months, and Knew that info. Now if they closed MK earlier without notice until now, we would have been upset. Two words. Plan it!!!

I did plan it. When I booked my ADRs on 3/14/11, the park hours still said the MK was open until 9 pm. It didn't change until a couple of weeks later.
It's no big deal though.

k10vodka

So shes worked at the resort since its opened? Thats amazing!

Sorry I haven't been around all weekend and I forgot to come back and update y'all on what I found out.

Yes my aunt started working as a waitress at the top of the world in the contemporary resort and will celebrate her 40 years in September.

k10vodka

All I have found out so far is that there is a special event in the magic kingdom to honor all the cast members that are receiving the award. There are a number of cast members from all of the different parks that are being honored but I am not sure if everyone is being honored in walt Disney world or not. The dress code for the event is formal but comfortable and most of the details are a surprise. My aunt read the information to me and it basically congratulates them for being honored, invites the to the event, tells them about a special surprise photo session they will receive in the park and when to RSVP by. She is supposed to call me with more details this week. I know all cast members that are being honored have received a new name tag with a special pin attached, a chocolate bar wrapped in a gold foil with a photo of walt Disney, a special pen and a plaque.

I'll be arriving at her house on September 17th for our yearly vacation so I'm sure I will have some great information from her then. If I hear anything else in the mean time, I'll update everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom