Senior Trip 2012: 2 years in the making PTR!

Hi everyone!

My name’s Rachel, and I’m new to these boards, but I figured now would be the perfect time to write my very first ever Pre-Trip Report!

As I said, I am new to this whole trip report thing but bear with me, this should be some pretty good stuff. I’m sorry in advance for any grammatical errors and long paragraphs (I can drag on a wee bit but I’ll try to avoid them as best as I can). I hope to get better as I go along and hopefully you guys will enjoy! :)

So who will be involved in this magical journey from June 18th- June 23rd you may ask?

Let me introduce you to my beautiful friends:

First off there’s the little ball of energy, Jill, aka “Jilly”. She’s 17 but once the trip rolls around she will be a big bad 18 year old. She’s planning on going to college this fall to become a vet. Jill has been to Disney twice before.

Next up there’s the quieter, yet goofy, Jamie, she’s 18. She’s going to play volleyball in college and major in either psychology or exercise science. Jamie has been to Disney three times before.

320501_2384330693535_1408785541_2841049_1202962569_n-1-1.jpg

Jill (purple dress) Jamie (pink dress)

Then there’s the artistic, crazy comedian, Annie, she’s 18 as well. She’s the one that’ll most likely be making funny faces or creeping in the background of pictures. Annie’s been my best friend ever since 4th grade. She’s going to play volleyball in college and be an art major. Annie has been to Disney World twice before.

Last, but certainly not least, there’s me. Hi, I’m Rachel, the organized, outgoing, goofball and crazed Disney fanatic. I’m 17 right now but I’ll be 18 by the time this vacation rolls around. Man we’re old.. I am going to play volleyball in college as well and probably major in Communications/PR (not sure yet..) I want to do the Disney College Program and hopefully land an intern with Disney in the future! :D

305143_291532990857402_100000021107474_1276902_1259537063_n-3.jpg

Annie (black dress) Me (purplelish dress)

Next up:
The history behind this trip! :)

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Hi Rachel! I just noticed your PTR on here sorry I'm late to the game lol

this trip sounds like it is going to be tons of fun! And enjoy the last bit of your senior year it goes by fast! oh ya and so does college...can't believe I just graduated last May...and you say you feel old :lol:

you are going to looove the Magical express! It's the best way to go! I mean sometimes it stinks if your resort is one of the later resorts they stop at because usually they make drop offs at multiple resorts but it's a great time! You'll love the video they play too!

So glad you booked LeCellier lol Best restaurant EVER!

I personally looooove Ohana for breakfast!

As for a last ADR I would make it at a place you all haven't tried before! That will make it exciting! Can't wait to hear about all the rest our plans as it comes closer! :)
Sorry for getting back to you late.. but yay yay your in WDW right now! :sohappy:I'm so jealous.. haha! Yeah 4 months from today we'll be walking across that stage graduating. Can you say SCARY?! :eek:
Mhhmm I can taste LeCellier already! :slurp: I think we might go ahead and book Ohana for breakfast because we've never done that before and it sounds appetizing and the characters are a cute addition. :animwink: As for our last ADR I was thinking either Prime Time Cafe or the new(ish) La Hacienda de San Angel in Mexico because my mom and I went there this past July for her bday and we LOVED it! We love Mexican food and the view for Illuminations at the end of the night was awesome while we finished our desserts.
Thanks for reading along! Can't wait to hear how your interview went :sohappy:

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Ahhh, I'm so jealous!! I too am a senior in high school, so its nice to know there are other high school aged Disney fanatics out there! I wish I could do something like this but alot of my friends would rather go to the beach as a senior trip :( . You will have so much fun! Don't worry about the Disney transportation, the Magical Express will be just fine!
I might be planning a trip for August before college, but I am running in college so one of the meets in october is in disney :D.
If you have a park hopper, Epcot is the greatest as far as the dining plan is concerned. But I'm sure you are aware of that as you seem to be quite the le cellier fan:)

WHADDUP OTHER SENIOR! :sohappy: :ROFLOL: Yeah it's good to see that other people my age love Disney just as much as me! :) Yeah I'm kind of lucky in that department because my friends love Disney! We do occasionally go to the beachs in either Chicago or Michigan for a weekend but it definately doesn't beat out Disney. :animwink:
That's awesome that you have a meet in Disney! Good luck! I've always wanted to play volleyball at the WWOS but my team never got into any of the tournaments held there.... :cry: What college are you going to?
Yeah EPCOT does have a lot of wonderful restaurants (LeCellier :sohappy:)
Thanks for reading along! :D

enchanted_belle

You're gonna have so much fun... I went spring break my senior year with my best friend at the time (we grew up together, think Corey and Shawn from Boy Meets World... but we were Courtney and Sharon. Scary, huh?), and it was one of my favorite trips!

And WWOHP is simply amazing. I went last year, and was completely bummed about being so close to Disney and not getting to go... until I walked into that part of the park. My face pretty much went from :cry: to :eek: and then :D:sohappy::ROFLOL:

The school year will be over before you know it, and then you'll be in Disney! :animwink:

WHADDUP OTHER SENIOR! :sohappy: :ROFLOL: Yeah it's good to see that other people my age love Disney just as much as me! :) Yeah I'm kind of lucky in that department because my friends love Disney! We do occasionally go to the beachs in either Chicago or Michigan for a weekend but it definately doesn't beat out Disney. :animwink:
That's awesome that you have a meet in Disney! Good luck! I've always wanted to play volleyball at the WWOS but my team never got into any of the tournaments held there.... :cry: What college are you going to?
Yeah EPCOT does have a lot of wonderful restaurants (LeCellier :sohappy:)
Thanks for reading along! :D

Ahh lucky! My friends like Disney, but they dont love it like I do :) . I haven't officially decided on college yet but I have narrowed it down to three schools (2 of which are going to the Disney meet) :sohappy: ...How about you!? . I will definately continue following your PTR and trip report!!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Usually 2 or 3, I think! I'm sad we're not going to Orlando, just because I'll miss POP. And the Tower.

148 days is nothing, girl! I just got my exam schedule, done April 16th - but trip is happening in 19 days! Got some American money todayyy, boo rah.

WHOO HOO AMERICAN MULAH!! :sohappy: Your getting so close to your trip!

You're gonna have so much fun... I went spring break my senior year with my best friend at the time (we grew up together, think Corey and Shawn from Boy Meets World... but we were Courtney and Sharon. Scary, huh?), and it was one of my favorite trips!

And WWOHP is simply amazing. I went last year, and was completely bummed about being so close to Disney and not getting to go... until I walked into that part of the park. My face pretty much went from :cry: to :eek: and then :D

The school year will be over before you know it, and then you'll be in Disney! :animwink:

Aw that's fun! Was it amazing?! What time of the year did you go, crowded much?
Yes the school year is coming to a close quickly I feel.... Less than 4 months until we walk across that stage! :cry:

Ahh lucky! My friends like Disney, but they dont love it like I do :) . I haven't officially decided on college yet but I have narrowed it down to three schools (2 of which are going to the Disney meet) :sohappy: ...How about you!? . I will definately continue following your PTR and trip report!!
Very cool (about the colleges) BOO (about your friends only "liking" Disney..) Haha! I haven't 100% picked my college yet either but I'm getting very close to! :D And YAY YAY! Thank you so much! :sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

Sorry for getting back to you late.. but yay yay your in WDW right now! :sohappy:I'm so jealous.. haha! Yeah 4 months from today we'll be walking across that stage graduating. Can you say SCARY?! :eek:
Mhhmm I can taste LeCellier already! :slurp: I think we might go ahead and book Ohana for breakfast because we've never done that before and it sounds appetizing and the characters are a cute addition. :animwink: As for our last ADR I was thinking either Prime Time Cafe or the new(ish) La Hacienda de San Angel in Mexico because my mom and I went there this past July for her bday and we LOVED it! We love Mexican food and the view for Illuminations at the end of the night was awesome while we finished our desserts.
Thanks for reading along! Can't wait to hear how your interview went :sohappy:

haha no worries! And now unfortunately, I'm back :cry: Time flies by when you're in the world. It's crazy.

Definitely book Ohana it was sooo good!!!

Prime time is pretty good, for me personally it's a restaurant I like to eat at every once in a while, not all the time. Mexican food is the bomb! Definitely eat there lol

And you'll hear about my interview in the report..but I'll tell you here anways. I will be put on a waiting list come april to give me time to move down if I wanted, but I'm only on the list for 6 months, so I'm not even gauranteed a job. Not sure what I'm going to do. Oh well, I need to start writing the trip report so hopefully up by the end of the week!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
haha no worries! And now unfortunately, I'm back :cry: Time flies by when you're in the world. It's crazy.

Definitely book Ohana it was sooo good!!!

Prime time is pretty good, for me personally it's a restaurant I like to eat at every once in a while, not all the time. Mexican food is the bomb! Definitely eat there lol

And you'll hear about my interview in the report..but I'll tell you here anways. I will be put on a waiting list come april to give me time to move down if I wanted, but I'm only on the list for 6 months, so I'm not even gauranteed a job. Not sure what I'm going to do. Oh well, I need to start writing the trip report so hopefully up by the end of the week!

Ugh I hate how fast the time flies when your having fun! I cry every time in the airport on the way home.... :cry: Haha!
Yeah I think I'll be booking us a dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel because it's making my mouth water just thinking about it! :slurp:
Yay yay :sohappy: That's a good thing that you got put on a waiting list right? That is a big decision though and didn't you say it was part time? Yes, get rollin' on that report CAN'T WAIT to read it!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
I'm starting to feel the urge more and more to just hop on a plane right now and head to Disney even if it was just for the weekend.... :rolleyes:
Yesterday I was coming home from a college visit in Philadelphia and at the gate right next to me was a swarm of cheerleaders heading to where else but Orlando!(I also saw some in the Midway airport when I headed out on Thurs.) Heads up Disney guests :hammer: Haha!
THEN when my plane home arrived at the Philly gate the Southwest lady announced that it was coming from Orlando and a lady walked off the plane with a stuffed mickey in her bag. I think that's a sign.... :lol: :animwink:

EmilyCaroline

you're trip sounds like its going to be amazing! me and two of my friends went on a trip together last summer and had an amazing time
i know what you mean about time flying im just about to finish university in the summer and i feel like i should still be at school!
we went for a day over to IOA to see potter as well and i agree with everyone saying to head straight to forbidden journey in the morning we raced through the queue. Then later on we went in a separate line where you just walk through the castle and see all the detail and can stop and take pictures and not have to worry about the people behind you getting annoyed!
also i recommend going into the hogs head if you want to try butterbeer because when we went the stalls were packed but we went inside to the hogs head (next to three broomsticks) and it was empty!
hope some of that made sense and helps :)
also the magic express video is amazing always gets me really excited
Emily

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
you're trip sounds like its going to be amazing! me and two of my friends went on a trip together last summer and had an amazing time
i know what you mean about time flying im just about to finish university in the summer and i feel like i should still be at school!
we went for a day over to IOA to see potter as well and i agree with everyone saying to head straight to forbidden journey in the morning we raced through the queue. Then later on we went in a separate line where you just walk through the castle and see all the detail and can stop and take pictures and not have to worry about the people behind you getting annoyed!
also i recommend going into the hogs head if you want to try butterbeer because when we went the stalls were packed but we went inside to the hogs head (next to three broomsticks) and it was empty!
hope some of that made sense and helps :)
also the magic express video is amazing always gets me really excited
Emily

That is awesome advice thank you! I did not know that they have 2 seperate lines for the Forbidden Journey. That's a great idea though because sometimes the queue is the one of the best parts of an attraction! Hogs head, got it! Yes we definately want to try the butterbeer! :slurp:

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
I am proud to announce that.... THE DINING RESERVATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :D

Ok so Monday, June 18th we will be having lunch at:
DSCN3274.jpg

Tuesday, June 19th we'll be having breakfast at:
IMG_3935-1-1.jpg

(Only picture I could find of the entrance sign :rolleyes:)

Wednesday, June 20th dinner at:
DSCN4624.jpg

(Hopefully it'll be late enough so we can go out onto the "beach" area and watch Wishes!)

Thursday, June 21st dinner at:
IMG_5596.jpg

(Maybe we'll get lucky and be seated by a window on the lagoon to watch Illuminations?!)

Friday, June 22nd dinner at:
Patriotic-Disney-Liberty-Tree-Tavern.jpg

(Can't credit myself for this picture. I had to Google it because surprisingly I have none of my own?)

I know it's still a far ways off and I have a lot to do before this trip rolls around but ONLY 119 DAYS LEFT!! :sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

Those are great places you are eating at!!!! And those 119 days will go by super fast! I always think the anticipation is one of the best parts!!!

mamamouse

I'm jealous you're going to be there for my birthday :( I know you'll have an aewsome time and I look forward to reading all about it:wave:

enchanted_belle

Jess has a point... I started my countdown at 111 days away, and I'm still in denial that I'm back from vacation! And it's been a week already. :lookaroun

You're gonna have a blast... can't wait to hear all about it, just a few more months!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
I'm jealous you're going to be there for my birthday :( I know you'll have an aewsome time and I look forward to reading all about it:wave:

Aww I'll say hi to Mickey and the gang for you! :animwink:
Thank you so much I'm so excited to be going and I can't wait to write the actual TR! :sohappy:

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Jess has a point... I started my countdown at 111 days away, and I'm still in denial that I'm back from vacation! And it's been a week already. :lookaroun

You're gonna have a blast... can't wait to hear all about it, just a few more months!

Yeah it's crazy how time flies! :( I can't wait to catch up on your trip report I've been so busy lately I've had no time to be on here. :cry:
Yeah we're almost at that 100 day mark! :sohappy:

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
WE'RE FINALLY AT THE 100 DAY MARK!! WHOO HOO!! ONLY 3 MONTHS AND 8 DAYS LEFT!! :sohappy: :D

Now I know this is a Disney website, but I also know there are a lot of hockey fans on here as well. I had an amazing opportunity to go to one of the Chicago Blackhawks open practices the other day so I thought I'd share some pictures with you other hockey buffs out there! :p :wave:

421659_384888751521825_100000021107474_1566234_191595622_n.jpg

Yup Patrick Kane was checkin' out my friends and I haha! :king:

431153_2488608474168_376941520_n.jpg

I doubt anyone knows Andrew Shaw because he is a rookie that got pulled up from our AHL team but he is doing really good and is an awesome guy! Too bad his eyes weren't open.... :cry:

431238_2486913391792_1821418750_1543884_1721687739_n.jpg

The best captain in the NHL, Jonathan Toews :D

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
LOOK AT WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY!! :sohappy: AAAAHHHH!! :D
547610_2806727106935_1821418750_1672717_1686274408_n.jpg

Where THE HECK did the time go?! Only 6 more days left of school, 17 days til graduation, and 34 days til we leave!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom