Selfie sticks - is this a thing at WDW yet? Disney clarifies policy

Arthur Wellesley

The CM doing the intervention will take the stick. They will give a claim receipt to the narcissist. The stick will be taken to guest relations and can be picked up later when exiting.
If at EPCOT... can they put them on the inferno barge and have it be part of a new night time spectacular? They can call it Illuminations: Reflections of Selfie Sticks
While these two examples of protocol are more than appropriate, I suggest they do a combination of the two:

-The CM doing the intervention will confiscate the narcissist, and take him/her to be held in guest relations. A claim receipt will be given to the family of said narcissist, to be used for pick-up later when exiting. The stick itself will be disposed of properly on the Epcot inferno barge, as stated earlier.

bhg469

This is what I am glad about - this is a hard line. It's not "put out your cigarette" then they can walk away and five minutes later do the same thing. It's get rid of the device, it's not allowed inside the park. Because you know these turds would just put it away and pull it back out a few minutes later.
Like the tweet I commented about the other day. The people caused a ride to be stopped twice then they tweeted about it as of it was funny.

AEfx

Like the tweet I commented about the other day. The people caused a ride to be stopped twice then they tweeted about it as of it was funny.

I really hope that since there are going to be signs everywhere, that anyone who does it on a ride after this gets ejected, no questions asked. The rest of their day is not worth ruining the enjoyment of 100's of people in line.

mousehockey37

I really hope that since there are going to be signs everywhere, that anyone who does it on a ride after this gets ejected, no questions asked. The rest of their day is not worth ruining the enjoyment of 100's of people in line.

Can I get an AMEN?

*1023*

I say to add to the ejection, you get taped on your selfie stick being tossed off property.
also..

AMEN!!!

mousehockey37

Wow.... Go all "frog march" on them huh? That's too much to hope for. Lawsuits and such...

*1023*

What? That's better than my other idea..

Inferno dash...

During Illuminations, you give the offenders a number and send them out on a boat. They then start the fireworks show... There is a timed dash for you to get to your stick before it's burned up... If you can find your stick, you get it back, if not, you better clear off the barge!!!

Now THAT would be worth a FP+.... :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish: LOL

Florida_is_hot

Self-centered .... hypocrites.
How many people take 100s of photos and do not have at least one picture with themselves in it.

The Disney Pass photographers make their business on the self-centered.
You know I am self-centered because I can care less if Mom wants junior's picture, I refuse to wait and walk in front of that shot if I can not walk around.

I do not own a stupid selfie stick and never will but I am not self-centred enough to let it bother me.
The only reason they want to ban it now is tourists are idiots and one fool wanted to us it on a roller coaster at California Adventure.

Instead of banning the sticks, they should ban the idiot tourist.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
There's been countless fools trying to use them on rides, only one managed to make the news.
Yep. The proof is all over youtube.

There were people taking it on Big Thunder and Everest, of all things, and waving them around like self absorbed buffoons. While the videos are neat, I must admit, it's not something I'd like to see the average guest doing. Now, a professional photographer with Disney approval and appropriate safety measures taken, and Disney Parks could make some neat videos that way.

But, John Q. Public on the ride waving around a nine iron with a camera on the end? No thanks.

mousehockey37

There were people taking it on Big Thunder and Everest, of all things, and waving them around like self absorbed buffoons. While the videos are neat, I must admit, it's not something I'd like to see the average guest doing. Now, a professional photographer with Disney approval and appropriate safety measures taken, and Disney Parks could make some neat videos that way.

But, John Q. Public on the ride waving around a nine iron with a camera on the end? No thanks.

The best was the one from earlier in this thread where they stopped EE before you go backwards and the CM Manager (white shirt) comes out and is telling the guy to put it away...

PhotoDave219

That would be in a controlled setting, before park open with the appropriate camera rigs and safety cables and liability insurance.

Having just returned from Disneyland, I heartily applaud this new rule. I've never really noticed the sticks much in Disney World, but my gosh, Disneyland was chock full of selfie sticks! People everywhere had these, taking selfies left and right. My dodging skills got a workout, as I had to duck under suddenly extended selfies sticks a few times a day while there. Selfie taking in general was at ridiculous levels. A line formed for the women's restroom at one point because some lady had to take a mirror selfie, duck face and all. She even did this stupid crouching thing. Most idiotic thing I've ever seen.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No

The iron unkind... lol (Basketball reference)

You are right. If they nine iron happens to slip out and injury one of my kids, we are going to have issues. I can't fault Disney. They are being proactive here, but if an idiot willfully uses it and hurts someone they (the person) should be held responsible. At least, I will hold them to the ground that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom