Selected for Fast Pass Plus

djlaosc

:cool:
They are testing the system. They could have easily chosen people who booked through Disney on the phone; or they could have selected people who booked directly through Disney online; or they could have selected people who are only staying at moderate resorts; or so on. They chose to use DME. They picked a group they believed will spend all of their time on property, and DME users are the most likely people to remain on property. This isn't rocket science.

I understand that they are currently testing the system, and I understand that DME+OnSite may or may not be the final decision on how you get FP+. I'm just saying that, if it is, then they are going to need to expand the airports that DME goes to.

Buried20KLeague

If this is going to be the case, then Magical Express will HAVE to be expanded to Sanford (and potentially Tampa). There are lots of UK flights that fly into Sanford and it would be extremely unfair for you to not be able to get FP+ because your airline flies to the wrong airport!
If they're going to block out locals and AP'ers and off site folks, and even on-site that rent a car... My guess is they also won't care about those not flying into the proper airport.

djlaosc

If they're going to block out locals and AP'ers and off site folks, and even on-site that rent a car... My guess is they also won't care about those not flying into the proper airport.

They probably won't, you're right. There is a slight difference though - you can choose to stay onsite, you can choose to rent a car, but you can't choose which airport your travel agent will fly you to (although I guess that you can choose to go with an airline that will fly you to MCO - I guess it's similar to how you could choose to stay onsite as a local/AP'er, but it could cost you a lot more). Not saying I agree with it though.

mikenatcity1

Just got email from Disney inviting us for FastPass Plus trial for our upcoming trip in 19 days! So excited!

I just got a letter (more of a postcard in an envelope) in the mail stating i've been chosen to participate in the system as well since i'm a guest using the DME. They gave me 2 dates to choose from (Sept 24 and Sept 25), 1 is the day that I arrive (at 4pm of all times). I hope it goes well! I'm very excited to try it out.

mitchk

I just got a letter (more of a postcard in an envelope) in the mail stating i've been chosen to participate in the system as well since i'm a guest using the DME. They gave me 2 dates to choose from (Sept 24 and Sept 25), 1 is the day that I arrive (at 4pm of all times). I hope it goes well! I'm very excited to try it out.

That makes sense. It ends the 25th. Have fun!!!

majortom1981

I Got a FastPass+ invite in the mail also. I hate how the scheduling is. I will complain about it. We go for opening and then leave and come back at like 7 or so for the fireworks. If you want a wishes fastpass+ and say splash, haunted mansion and space mountain it will either put them all next to wishes at night OR substitute wishes for something else and schedule them for the morning.

I want wishes at night and the rest in the morning. So if your like me and try to spend the afternoon outside the parks you will not like this. I am going to participate since its cool I get to test something at Disney BUT I am not happy.

mikenatcity1

I Got a FastPass+ invite in the mail also. I hate how the scheduling is. I will complain about it. We go for opening and then leave and come back at like 7 or so for the fireworks. If you want a wishes fastpass+ and say splash, haunted mansion and space mountain it will either put them all next to wishes at night OR substitute wishes for something else and schedule them for the morning.

I want wishes at night and the rest in the morning. So if your like me and try to spend the afternoon outside the parks you will not like this. I am going to participate since its cool I get to test something at Disney BUT I am not happy.

I thought the same thing but then I found that you can go in and change the times for all the fast passes individually to work with your schedule, even doing some earlier in the day. They had mine early then Wishes later...but I don't get in until 4pm so they didn't work for me- I'm now able to get them all after I get there. Hope it works out!

majortom1981

I thought the same thing but then I found that you can go in and change the times for all the fast passes individually to work with your schedule, even doing some earlier in the day. They had mine early then Wishes later...but I don't get in until 4pm so they didn't work for me- I'm now able to get them all after I get there. Hope it works out!

I could not get them to split it up with say 2 in the morning and 2 at night it had to be all 4 in a sequence.

majortom1981

I'll try again tomorrow- If I figure it out again I'll post a reply! Hope you can get them broken out

I figured it out. Its not very obvious. You have to accept the option that has all the rides you want then manually change the ride times to the ones you want.

The interface needs some major changes. it should be easier to figure out.

Billy6

1163def6c5b4ac7e6270915f34583c2d.jpg

Who got their FastPass+ already? I did!

Mks95

Got ours today. Now i'm really getting excited. Just wish you could pick any day of your trip instead of specific one. Really wanted the elec parade and its not on the day we're at MK that i had to choose from. Can't wait to try it out though! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom