Security splitting up families / groups at entrances

correcaminos

3nfzt6.jpg
Or the ones with the backpacks so large they have no idea how often they are hitting people in the face with it while standing in line. Being short, that's a huuuuge peeve of mine!

Ricky Spanish

Or the ones with the backpacks so large they have no idea how often they are hitting people in the face with it while standing in line. Being short, that's a huuuuge peeve of mine!
Being short is your pet peeve?
Sorry, Just kidding.
My wife, daughter, and sister are all vertically challenged.
They hate getting hit with those monster backpacks, too.
But they “gently nudge” (I won’t say hit) those people.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You are creating drama where there is none... No one made you separate from your teen daughter and if you ever encounter it you can explain that you are scared she will be kidnapped and killed. I'm sure they will not drag her away.
I wonder what you'll do when she becomes an adult...

This is the place that allows guests to basically assault employees without issue.. refuses to enforce problems with line jumpers which would improve life for everyone... refuses to stand up to shoplifters... but damn well they better be given no crap when they insist families split up because of open space at the security tables??

Seriously? How are you or anyone else supposed to know why some people may not want to separate?

It's just stupid to try to eek out this kind of efficiency over something that really can only cause more harm than good.

flynnibus

Premium Member
guest unfriendly policy

That's it in a nutshell. It's just stupid customer service for almost zero gain from for the company.

It's not that your party are being sent to the salt mines when you turn away... it's just BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Next we'll be told "only one person per party in the line at CSRs..." you can call your party with your phone if you need to ask them a follow-up question.

flynnibus

Premium Member
1. People with kids carrying loads of crap into the park is more of an internet meme than a thing that happens in real life. Some people bring way too much stuff in the park, but that's definitely not limited to parents with diaper-age kids.

Yeah, that whole wagon thing was totally made up... oh and don't forget the coolers... totally photoshopped.. and stroller size limits, totally a 'aliens are real' thing... came out of the blue!

Those things became peeves because they were real - not manufactured.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
This is the place that allows guests to basically assault employees without issue.. refuses to enforce problems with line jumpers which would improve life for everyone... refuses to stand up to shoplifters... but damn well they better be given no crap when they insist families split up because of open space at the security tables??

Seriously? How are you or anyone else supposed to know why some people may not want to separate?

It's just stupid to try to eek out this kind of efficiency over something that really can only cause more harm than good.
Did you miss where I said if you're scared then dont do it.... if someone approached her directly as the OP claims she could easily explain and as you pointed out they are push overs so they wouldnt drag her daughter away.
Most guests already do send their non bag portion of the party through the no bag line.
This entire thread is based off one persons claim it's not a new policy to force non bag guests to split from their party. They have the general announcement all the time. If you really do not want to split up then DON'T.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They have the general announcement all the time. If you really do not want to split up then DON'T.

Again.. bad customer service. Guests shouldn't be told 'stand your ground' to have to correct what is a bad customer service policy to start with. You're making the customer create conflict... for something that shouldn't be a conflict to start with.

Man.. it's almost like people forget Disney used to be the example for customer service... not simply the pushover in customer relations.

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
Again.. bad customer service. Guests shouldn't be told 'stand your ground' to have to correct what is a bad customer service policy to start with. You're making the customer create conflict... for something that shouldn't be a conflict to start with.

Man.. it's almost like people forget Disney used to be the example for customer service... not simply the pushover in customer relations.

Thank you! I was beginning to think I was crazy for believing that Disney used to put the customers desires first!

And honestly.... I wouldn’t be susprrised if they didn’t tell people to split up at CSR’s. After all... if it’s more efficient it must be the best way!

correcaminos

Being short is your pet peeve?
Sorry, Just kidding.
My wife, daughter, and sister are all vertically challenged.
They hate getting hit with those monster backpacks, too.
But they “gently nudge” (I won’t say hit) those people.
Being short can be annoying lol. Not sure I like being challenged though ;)

I haven't really done anything back though a few times I tell them to watch that bag. I really don't think some realize how far they are sticking out or that it can hit people in the face.

We stopped carrying a bigger bag within a year after being done with potty training. Unless we need to carry ponchos somehow, we avoid. Even then, we try to stick to pocket sized stuff. I don't get why people act like sherpas there.

TrojanUSC

Bag lines used to be such a breeze. Security just glancing to make sure you didn't have like sticks of dynamite or an AK-47 but now many of them think they're cops. My friend literally had his retainer case opened and his retainer fondled. What is the point of that? These aren't cops who should be searching for drugs. It's there for security theater.

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
Bag lines used to be such a breeze. Security just glancing to make sure you didn't have like sticks of dynamite or an AK-47 but now many of them think they're cops. My friend literally had his retainer case opened and his retainer fondled. What is the point of that? These aren't cops who should be searching for drugs. It's there for security theater.

I was once asked to open a bottle of pills as if I was smuggling in drugs.... they are pills I have to take before a meal.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yeah, that whole wagon thing was totally made up... oh and don't forget the coolers... totally photoshopped.. and stroller size limits, totally a 'aliens are real' thing... came out of the blue!

Those things became peeves because they were real - not manufactured.
Your examples proved my point. Yes, lots of people bring too much crap. The myth I was referencing is that it's limited to people with strollers.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Your examples proved my point. Yes, lots of people bring too much crap. The myth I was referencing is that it's limited to people with strollers.

Sure... if you want to argue that 95% isn't 'everyone' and we should have to write in exclusions because we don't need to talk absolutes. You're correct.

But for everyone else who isn't suddenly offended because they got lumped into the stroller bridge stigma... we know that families with small children were the biggest offenders of 'over packing'

Last edited by a moderator:

MaryJaneP

Is this about having two lines being faster than everyone in one line and isn't this the argument being used on FP+ ? Alternatively, if there is a good reason to stay together or, for instance, if one in your group could not get an FP for a ride, does Disney allow you to stay together or force your to separate?

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
Is this about having two lines being faster than everyone in one line and isn't this the argument being used on FP+ ? Alternatively, if there is a good reason to stay together or, for instance, if one in your group could not get an FP for a ride, does Disney allow you to stay together or force your to separate?

If my group wanted to ride soarin together and one of us didn’t have a fastpass, we could choose to wait in the standby line together. The option is there for the guest to choose what they wish to do.

MaryJaneP

If my group wanted to ride soarin together and one of us didn’t have a fastpass, we could choose to wait in the standby line together. The option is there for the guest to choose what they wish to do.

So, does Disney FORCE you to separate or do they "strongly prefer" that you separate?

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
So, does Disney FORCE you to separate or do they "strongly prefer" that you separate?

That’s been part of the debate of this thread. For sure they are announcing that people should separate. There is no doubt about that.

In my experience at both DHS and Epcot I was told personally by a Disney security guard that I had to leave the line I was in with my mom and go through the no bag line. At studios I just said “umm ok” cause I thought it was just an over the top security guy and why argue. The next day at Epcot I asked to stay and wait with my mom and was told it was for guests with bags only.

In neither case was I going to be argumentative with a cm so I’m not sure what would have happened if I refused to leave the line.

That’s what caused me to start this thread.

bsiev1977

I’ve seen this at both Epcot and studios, security is now forcing guests without bags to use the no-bag line. I have a big problem with this. This morning for example going into Epcot I was forced to separate from my mom... we should be able to wait together if we want, it makes for a calmer entrance for us. I can’t imagine families would like to be separated first thing in the morning.... I also noticed half of the bag check lines were closed so I’m guessing this is to reduce security staffing?

Just to be clear... I was told by security that I had to use the no bag line. There was no option. Obviously I wasn’t gonna argue with them, not worth that to ruin a Disney day, but I really don’t like this.
You’re making a big deal out of nothing. The whole point of a no bag line is to reduce the crowding at the bag checks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You’re making a big deal out of nothing. The whole point of a no bag line is to reduce the crowding at the bag checks.

Funny.. I bet if you asked most people the reason for no-bag lines would be "to reduce waits for people by allowing them to bypass unnecessary checks" -- not to speed up the line for people with bags.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom