Secrets of Tom Sawyer Island

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You can try but I believe its pre programmed... it gets to 300ft then explodes into a cloud of pixie dust.

JackSkellington

Sorry I have been gone so long. My laptop got a virus or something. Anyway I had to dump and reload everything. Which really blows. Anyway I am back. Yes. And TAC if Eisner was able to fly think of all the things he could accomplish now with flight. It is evil...:fork:

EPCOTPluto

I've heard from many sources of a secret room, if I remember correctly only about 6' by 6', large enough for about 3 people. Apperently it's accessed by entering one of the caves, I'm pretty sure it's Injun Joe's (whatever one has the bridge). Anyway you have to jump over the bridge in the cave, and go beneath, where you will find some water and a short tunnel which leads to the room.

I personally have peered over the bridge, and saw where you'd have to go, but I've never hopped the rail and ventured down to the room. Rumors also say that Disney became aware of people venturing into this room, so they tried various methods of blocking it, that people have gotten around.

If anybody knows anything about this, I'd like to know more.

-Steven

I was hoping someone will clarify that for me. I know it's in Injun Joe's cave and under a bridge, but is it really that hard to go below to see it? I haven't been there for about a year, so I can't remember anything about it

goofykt

There is no such thing as the boogie man.

But if there was, I suspect he would live there. I mean, TSI is isolated, no people at night and it's right by the Haunted Mansion. Oh yeah, and its by Aunt Polly's which is loaded with PBJs. Monsters love that stuff.

I just got a mental picture of Sully eating a PB&J :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So...what about the tunnel?

I read this whole thread before I realized it was 5 years old and we still don't have an answer to the tunnel question.

DisneyJoe

Well since you put it that way, it makes a lot of sense. But where would the tunnel connect to overground? And for what attraction is it for? I would like to know if it really exists, that would be very cool.

I believe that the river is only about 6-8 ft deep, with a track on the bottom for the riverboat to follow....so if there is any tunnel, it is below that depth...I personally doubt that a tunnel exists.

Chevross

You know in all the years I've been to Walt Disney World I had never visited Tom Sawyer's Island. Thanks for all the info, I'm definitely doing it this year.

Luige11

I was hoping someone will clarify that for me. I know it's in Injun Joe's cave and under a bridge, but is it really that hard to go below to see it? I haven't been there for about a year, so I can't remember anything about it
Holy 5 year thread bump batman!

jchargu3

I believe that the river is only about 6-8 ft deep, with a track on the bottom for the riverboat to follow....so if there is any tunnel, it is below that depth...I personally doubt that a tunnel exists.

the tunnel is extremely plausible.

When emptied of water, ROA shows some clues to this ;)

jchargu3

well, im sworn to secrecy, but lets play a game, called DECODE! it'll be very simple.

if in fact THERE IS A TUNNEL THAT GOES FROM TSI TO BACKSTAGE, it would be FOR EMERGENCIES/MAINTENANCE ONLY. if in fact this tunnel existed CM'S ARE TO NEVER USE THIS TUNNEL TO GET TO AND FROM RESTAURANTS. think about this if you will, rarely will you ever see food service and trash duty done by way of the log
rafts....

if in fact there is an access-way it would be a VERY CLOSE GUARDED AND NOT WELL KNOWN SECRET, ONLY CERTAIN CM'S AND CREWS HAVE ACCESS TO THIS TUNNEL.

for the next time they drain ROA for maintenance on the tracks, pay attention to the terrain of ROA underneath, youll see an odd area that wouldn't make sense... I won't point this out though.

if this tunnel were there it WAS USED A FEW TIMES FOR EMERGENCY EVAC, THE WORST BEING A PARENT THAT BROKE THEIR LEG BY BEING STUPID DOING THINGS THEY SHOULDN'T.. The only way to non painfully evac the guest and not make a scene was through Aunt Pollies.. however there could be ANOTHER SECTION OF THE TUNNEL THAT IS BLOCKED OFF DUE TO WATER SEEPAGE.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to give source or information but it is there, it does exist, it is used, and it goes to a backstage area of the park, very few people have access due to safety reasons and *ahem* naughty *ahem* reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom