Second closure for Disneyland Paris due to COVID-19

cmwade77

YEAH Paris... Government is making it work. I would show my vaccination card to get into Walt Disney. Especially if that meant the slacker non vaccinated had to stay home. Come on Chapek. Stop punishing the vaccinated already.
First off, who is punishing anyone? Masks are not required for those who are vaccinated at the theme parks.

Secondly, Florida's governor is prohibiting any company in the state from asking for proof of vaccination or pay a massive fine per incident. So, even if you think proof should be required, it isn't Chapek stopping it, it is Florida's governor and for good reasons, but that is a whole other story.

CJLove79

YES!!! Bring this rule to Disney World & Disneyland. And it wouldn't matter what the FL Gov says because Disney is the biggest employer in FL & there's a lot of pull Disney has in FL. So Disney can ask for the vaccination cards with additional ID and all would have to abide by it whether they like it or not. But realistically speaking, Disney isn't going to bring this rule to the States since so far, its been working out pretty good for them. Plus, so far, there hasn't been an outbreak in any of the Disney Parks in the states, at least one that any of us know about. LOL. So if it aint broke, don't fix it. But let there be just one person, ONE PERSON to catch Corona & spread it in any of the US Disney Parks, then Disney will go to these kinds of measures to protect themselves & guests.

LondonTom

Plus, so far, there hasn't been an outbreak in any of the Disney Parks in the states, at least one that any of us know about.
I'd argue thats more luck than judgement so far tbh, plus would be hard to pin down on Disney as its mostly US residents/locals doing short stays at the moment.

I was at at Wembley stadium last week, my first big event in 18 months, double jabbed and somehow managed to pick up covid and loads of people seemingly have from a glance on twitter, so I just can't see it (now precautions are lifted). (Admittedly, despite claims of "covid" passport check, they was non existent and by and large a group of people in the UK more likely to lie/not follow rules)

I see the UK have put France in a new tier between Amber and Red, so you have to quarantine unless its "essential" travel.

Stevie Amsterdam

I'd argue thats more luck than judgement so far tbh, plus would be hard to pin down on Disney as its mostly US residents/locals doing short stays at the moment.

I was at at Wembley stadium last week, my first big event in 18 months, double jabbed and somehow managed to pick up covid and loads of people seemingly have from a glance on twitter, so I just can't see it (now precautions are lifted). (Admittedly, despite claims of "covid" passport check, they was non existent and by and large a group of people in the UK more likely to lie/not follow rules)

I see the UK have put France in a new tier between Amber and Red, so you have to quarantine unless its "essential" travel.
That sucks mate. By double jabbed you mean two shots of vaccine right? May I ask which one you got?

Oddysey

Sorry to hear you got Covid-19 and you are definitely not the only one to get the “double jab” and still come down with it. I had a close family member test positive for Covid post vaccination which resulted in a week hospital stay. Then, I had a friend who was vaccinated for 2 months, but came down with Covid and was hit very hard (fever, congestion, fatigue, etc). These examples are anecdotal because of the small sample, but you are definitely not the only one as I saw 2 recent infections in my small circle.

Carl.C

YES!!! Bring this rule to Disney World & Disneyland. And it wouldn't matter what the FL Gov says because Disney is the biggest employer in FL & there's a lot of pull Disney has in FL. So Disney can ask for the vaccination cards with additional ID and all would have to abide by it whether they like it or not. But realistically speaking, Disney isn't going to bring this rule to the States since so far, its been working out pretty good for them. Plus, so far, there hasn't been an outbreak in any of the Disney Parks in the states, at least one that any of us know about. LOL. So if it aint broke, don't fix it. But let there be just one person, ONE PERSON to catch Corona & spread it in any of the US Disney Parks, then Disney will go to these kinds of measures to protect themselves & guests.
I can't wait for Disney to really raise the prices, maybe say, $250-$300 a day park entrance and maybe triple the AP passes. This will solve everything!

Seanual757

YEAH Paris... Government is making it work. I would show my vaccination card to get into Walt Disney. Especially if that meant the slacker non vaccinated had to stay home. Come on Chapek. Stop punishing the vaccinated already.

Exactly you want to go play get the vaccine or stay home...

sup

First off, who is punishing anyone? Masks are not required for those who are vaccinated at the theme parks.

Secondly, Florida's governor is prohibiting any company in the state from asking for proof of vaccination or pay a massive fine per incident. So, even if you think proof should be required, it isn't Chapek stopping it, it is Florida's governor and for good reasons, but that is a whole other story.
You work for old Bob don't you... He can file a motion with the local government to only allow vaccinated people in the gates, especially since the news reported 100% of new people with Covid in Florida are non vaccinated people. Chapek not returning Disney World to the American people as normal is punishment. Non vaccinated people are going to be honest and wear masks. Chapek dragging his feet on this one. We need fast pass and character meet and greet back.

sup

You work for old Bob don't you... He can file a motion with the local government to only allow vaccinated people in the gates, especially since the news reported 100% of new people with Covid in Florida are non vaccinated people. Chapek not returning Disney World to the American people as normal is punishment. Non vaccinated people are going to be honest and wear masks. Chapek dragging his feet on this one. We need fast pass and character meet and greet back.
Non vaccinated people are NOT going to be honest and wear masks. Thus the rise in the country and 98% are non vaccinated fools.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Err... this is the Paris forum.

Robbiem

Sorry to hear you got Covid-19 and you are definitely not the only one to get the “double jab” and still come down with it. I had a close family member test positive for Covid post vaccination which resulted in a week hospital stay. Then, I had a friend who was vaccinated for 2 months, but came down with Covid and was hit very hard (fever, congestion, fatigue, etc). These examples are anecdotal because of the small sample, but you are definitely not the only one as I saw 2 recent infections in my small circle.

Here in the UK around 60% of covid hospital admissions are from fully vaccinated people. my aunt was vaccinated but still died from covid which she caught in a hospital after being told it was safe Because of being vaccinated
The protection from vaccination is balanced by the growing transmission of the variants so if you do the math you are probably as likely to get covid now as you were pre vaccine. This pandemic is far from over

take care everyone and stay safe

Oddysey

Here in the UK around 60% of covid hospital admissions are from fully vaccinated people. my aunt was vaccinated but still died from covid which she caught in a hospital after being told it was safe Because of being vaccinated
The protection from vaccination is balanced by the growing transmission of the variants so if you do the math you are probably as likely to get covid now as you were pre vaccine. This pandemic is far from over

take care everyone and stay safe

I promise I am not trying to discredit you in any way. It seems you have mistakenly inverted your numbers because the UK Chief scientific advisor made a mistake in reporting exactly what you said and then corrected himself. It seems that 60% of hospital admissions in the UK are from unvaccinated people. Nevertheless, this does not make me feel any better because the numbers imply that 40% are vaccinated, and this does not give me much confidence in the vaccines.

We have had flu vaccinations around for many many years, and because of seasonal variations, the flu vaccine is not ultra effective either. This is an anecdote, but my wife gets the flu shot every year and has gotten the flu 3 out of 5 years (she works in special needs education), and had moderate to severe symptoms each time. Also because of variations we cannot cure the common cold. These vaccines have been rushed through emergency authorizations and I am hard pressed to believe that the pharma companies have a vaccine that is even on par with the effectiveness of the flu vaccine. There just has not been enough time. I absolutely hate to say this, but I do not believe these vaccines are going to hold up as well as we are being told they will. Covid may be here to stay for a long while it not forever whether we like it or not.

Last edited:

Robbiem

I promise I am not trying to discredit you in any way. It seems you have mistakenly inverted your numbers because the UK Chief scientific advisor made a mistake in reporting exactly what you said and then corrected himself. It seems that 60% of hospital admissions in the UK are from unvaccinated people. Nevertheless, this does not make me feel any better because the numbers imply that 40% are vaccinated, and this does not give me much confidence in the vaccines.

We have had flu vaccinations around for many many years, and because of seasonal variations, the flu vaccine is not ultra effective either. This is an anecdote, but my wife gets the flu shot every year and has gotten the flu 3 out of 5 years (she works in special needs education), and had moderate to severe symptoms each time. Also because of variations we cannot cure the common cold. I absolutely hate to say this, but I do not believe these vaccines are going to hold up as well as we are being told they will. Covid may be here to stay whether we like it or not.

you‘re right the advisor made a mistake at a press conference which was later corrected. Either way its still a sad statistic

Here in the UK government messages have changed from ‘vaccination will stop you getting covid‘ to ‘learn to live with it and you’re less likely to die if you’ve been vaccinate’.

Im not a conspiracy nut but it’s obvious that the government here is trying to have a summer outbreak when there is hospital capacity even the conservative modelling has 100-200 people a day dying for weeks or maybe months. Its the scariest I’ve felt since the start of the pandemic, all we can do is try and stay safe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom