Seasonal Multi-Day Ticket Pricing Coming Soon

Kman101

This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. In reality, it's likely a way to raise overall ticket prices without actually raising the base cost of a 1-day ticket. Yet another example of TDO treating guests customers like walking ATM's.

This. Yep. It's just a way to raise overall ticket prices without raising the base cost. It looks better (I think they've had some minor pushback the last few times they've raised prices, and let's be honest, they were really pushing it, wasn't it about twice a year for a few years?) but they can still raise prices.

CaptainAmerica

The problem is, is that the people making these decisions are so disconnected from the actual park guests that they have no idea how much of a turn off this is for the guest experience. Rather than building needed capacity, they are trying to control capacity via convoluted price structures.

Keep building those hotels and adding demand. There will be a tipping point.
Yeah I have absolutely no problem with higher prices or managing demand through price. I have a major problem with the complexity. This is stupid.

Is it safe to assume that park hoppers would get you out of this mess?

tfc3rid

I'm guessing you take a look at the current ticketing positions for the one day and then perform similar math to get the variations.

As for noting the dates in advance... That stinks as people change their minds, especially guests who have been there many, many times...

Kman101

If you truly think about how they operate and how they've operated, this really shouldn't be a big surprise. They've likely long wanted to go in this type of direction. And DLR is already doing similar things, just tailored to their needs. Not really sure it's going to go well ... They take what should be simple and overcomplicate it. No reason FP+ should be hated. It has some decent benefits. The rollout was messy and confusing. DL got it right.

Crowds are only going to keep growing and they know they can't keep up with the demand.

In my extremely scientific polling of different friends, most are well aware and very excited for what's coming. Guardians, Tron and Star Wars WILL bring in the crowds (so they're scrambling to control entry). Obviously, of course, Star Wars goes without saying but I was surprised anyone I knew was even aware of these things but they got a lot of mainstream coverage. Even TSL got a lot of mainstream coverage. Guests get excited about these things even though we've known about them and are ready to move on to "what's next".

JohnD

Disney moved to seasonal pricing for one-day tickets in February 2016. Word on the street is that seasonal pricing will come to multi-day tickets by mid-October this year. (I've heard as early as mid-September.)

My guesses:
  • Each park will have its own "seasons". This will allow DHS to charge more around the debut of MMRR and SW:GE, of course, but also Epcot during festivals, etc. Any time a park has something new, more can be charged there. Other parks can charge less, to take off some of the crowds.

• You'll have to say "I'm going to this park on this date" to get the cheapest pricing.

• There will be a more expensive "go to any park any day during your trip" option.
The people I've spoken to say that the new ticket ordering process is very complicated - something like 7 to 9 steps per ticket. That may delay implementation a bit, as third-party vendors try to figure out how to integrate.

They've already done that with the "Theme Park Select" pass which happens to be the same price as Silver. I'm not optimistic that Silver will be around for much longer.

the.dreamfinder

I think they'd go to a "subscription" model before they'd try to calculate all the possible permutations of a multi-day ticket that can span multiple seasons over multiple parks.

For an annual fee*, you could buy pay-one-price tickets for one to ten days at a time at a standard price.

*Annual fees could range from $350 for a single, $500 for a couple, and $700 for a family unit, and would include one three-day ticket for each person in your party up to four... additional 3-day tickets would be normal price...
This is the likely route they’ll take in Anaheim if they ever got rid of the AP.

Raineman

Yeah I have absolutely no problem with higher prices or managing demand through price. I have a major problem with the complexity. This is stupid.

Is it safe to assume that park hoppers would get you out of this mess?
I would imagine that would be the case. Either you pay higher ticket prices for certain days, or you get park hopper-either way, Disney is making more $ from park tickets than they did before, without a blanket ticket price raise. If this is the type of system they are going to use, I bet they get a lot more multi day guests buying park hopper than they do now.

MaC410

Obviously ticket prices increase every year. As someone who always gets park hoppers...would this new system result in an even higher price increase? Or would it basically remain the same type of yearly increase?

We have our next trip in March and I haven't bought our tickets yet. Wondering if I should get a move on it and just do it now before a massive price increase.

disneyflush

Obviously ticket prices increase every year. As someone who always gets park hoppers...would this new system result in an even higher price increase? Or would it basically remain the same type of yearly increase?

We have our next trip in March and I haven't bought our tickets yet. Wondering if I should get a move on it and just do it now before a massive price increase.

Same with us. Paid for the Boardwalk Inn next May so we could get park hoppers and hit Epcot quite a bit at nght. Guess will go ahead and get the tickets really early.

They are creating a new problem based on the current solution working just fine. Pre-booking rides so far in advance has gotten visitors a longer wait experience as there is no balance in the staffing adjustments. People would be more inclined to look positively at this if it resulted in any net positives for the actual park guest. Longer waits and lower quality food are the effects of telling Disney exactly what, where, and how much you will consume at each step of your trip.

anchorman314

I can almost see them taking a page from DVC and going to a "points" (or "credits") model. You pay a certain price for X amount of points. Then Disney can deduct a number of points when you enter a park. It gives them the flexibility to have different parks/days with different values, without having to come up with a dollar-equivalent.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
In my extremely scientific polling of different friends, most are well aware and very excited for what's coming. Guardians, Tron and Star Wars WILL bring in the crowds (so they're scrambling to control entry). Obviously, of course, Star Wars goes without saying but I was surprised anyone I knew was even aware of these things but they got a lot of mainstream coverage. Even TSL got a lot of mainstream coverage. Guests get excited about these things even though we've known about them and are ready to move on to "what's next".

Avatar and TSL got a lot of attention because they were original and unique to WDW. SW:GE at Hollywood Studios will be opening up after the DLR version, while their will certainly be demand for the WDW version, a lot of the hype and media will be squarely focused on what happens at DL.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They've already done that with the "Theme Park Select" pass which happens to be the same price as Silver. I'm not optimistic that Silver will be around for much longer.

Those limited price Florida geared passes are walking dead (no pun)...

Prices going to go up a lot in Orlando...the writing is on the wall. When that rolls out...the Florida passes will have to go up a lot to “stay in line”...and since it’s the land of no money...they’ll go away or reduce demand greatly too.

slappy magoo

What's going to happen when someone who buys a peak ticket has to rearrange their vacation to an off peak time?

I'm sure if the vice is versa'd and someone has to switch from off peak time to peak they'll be allowed to pay the balance. But I have a funny feeling no one's getting a rebate if they switch to go offpeak when tickets are cheaper.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What's going to happen when someone who buys a peak ticket has to rearrange their vacation to an off peak time?

I'm sure if the vice is versa'd and someone has to switch from off peak time to peak they'll be allowed to pay the balance. But I have a funny feeling no one's getting a rebate if they switch to go offpeak when tickets are cheaper.

A ticket is a ticket...unless of course you do the reverse - where you’ll pay.

Remember that no one can match the door craftsmanship of the Dutch 😎

Tom P.

Avatar and TSL got a lot of attention because they were original and unique to WDW. SW:GE at Hollywood Studios will be opening up after the DLR version, while their will certainly be demand for the WDW version, a lot of the hype and media will be squarely focused on what happens at DL.
I'm not so sure.

Disneyland may be getting it first, but Walt Disney World is by far the more visited of the two destinations. DL is far more of a locals resort than WDW. Not saying that tourists don't go there -- plenty do. But the number of out-of-town visitors, both in raw numbers and as a percentage of guests, pales in comparison to those who visit WDW. That's not to say that DL won't draw large crowds when Galaxy's Edge opens, but I doubt a lot of people in WDW's normal target market are going to be booking trips to California for GE, especially with a duplicate of it opening at WDW just a few months later.

Additionally, don't forget that Disney owns a good chunk of the media landscape, particularly in owning one of the "big three" networks in ABC. They are not going to focus on DL to the exclusion of WDW. You can guarantee that they will ensure that it is heavily promoted and covered at both resorts.

Finally, Episode IX opens around the same time as WDW's GE, or at least very close to it. Disney is going to want to use WDW to promote the movie and the movie to promote WDW. By that point, the fact that DL has it will be old news to our ADD media.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom