Seasonal beer on tap at new World Showcase kiosks?

ThreeCircles

Original Poster
It's probably a long-shot question, but, has anyone noted of late what the seasonal beer is at the new World Showcase kiosks?

Early Spring featured Sam Adams Spring Ale. It then went to some Busch beer but was still labeled as Sam Adams Seasonal on the signs at the order windows.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knew. Possibly someone who was there of late.

Thanks.

EpcoTim

Whoa.........whoa......they went from a Sam Adams Ale to Busch beer? Thats disgusting. Sam Adams isn't the greatest beer in the world, but its light years better than any Busch beer.

EpcoTim

Don't get me wrong, Sam Adams is a fine beer, an excellent beer. I would take it any day over a Busch or Bud or a Miller or the like, I thoroughly enjoy it. But it falls into a tough category. It's kind of a mass produced beer, thats marketed more as a niche beer. No other brewery (domestic) produces on the scale and at the level that Sam Adams does, of course I could be overlooking something serious here.

Now, what do I consider a good beer? This is a personal question, so these are merely my own personal tastes, but I tend to like the smaller brews and darker beers. Here's what I have in my fridge right now---Bells Oberon (Michigan--one of the best breweries I've ever come across), Goose Island IPA (Chicago), Anchor Brewing (SF)--Anchor Steam, New Castle, Fat Tire Amber, Becks, and one of my all time favorites, Guinness. Now one of my all time favorite seasonals, which is one of the hardest beers to find, ever, is the Sam Adams Fezziwig Ale (spellings wrong I'm sure).

ThreeCircles

Original Poster
Just in case anyone else was curious about the beer: I ended up visiting EPCOT on Sunday and found out that the seasonal offering is Busch Beach Bum.

The kiosk in front of the American pavilion offers that as well as Sam Adams Lager on tap.

rainfully

I like the Beach Bum Beer... but then again, I like pretty much any beer. I'm not one of those "beer snobs" I'll take pretty much anything. :lol:

copcarguyp71

Riddle me this batman...Why would they sell Bush if Anhueser Bush owns competing theme parks?:hammer:

Anyway let's hope they switch back to something a little "chewier" before mid September!

EpcoTim

Riddle me this batman...Why would they sell Bush if Anhueser Bush owns competing theme parks?:hammer:

Anyway let's hope they switch back to something a little "chewier" before mid September!

Well, they got bought out by InBev, a company from Belgium, so American beer (garbage) doesn't qualify anymore.

DivineMadness7

I've never had Beach Bum, but because it's Busch I'm gonna take a guess that I wouldn't like it.

While on the topic of beer, how is the beer at that place over at Boardwalk? Big River Grille & Brewing Works? They list a summer seasonal and winter seasonal along with their regular brews. Thinking about having dinner there just for the beer, wondered if it was worth it.

RedSoxPirate

Early in the summer (I think around Memorial Day), they were also selling Shock Top, a Belgian White by Anheuser-Busch at the AA Kiosk. Not a terrible offering, but not really my cup o' tea either.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Riddle me this batman...Why would they sell Busch if Anheuser Busch owns competing theme parks?:hammer:

They will be dumping the Theme Parks as soon as they can. Anybody got a few billion they want to loan me ?

Phonedave

Don't get me wrong, Sam Adams is a fine beer, an excellent beer. I would take it any day over a Busch or Bud or a Miller or the like, I thoroughly enjoy it. But it falls into a tough category. It's kind of a mass produced beer, thats marketed more as a niche beer. No other brewery (domestic) produces on the scale and at the level that Sam Adams does, of course I could be overlooking something serious here.

Now, what do I consider a good beer? This is a personal question, so these are merely my own personal tastes, but I tend to like the smaller brews and darker beers. Here's what I have in my fridge right now---Bells Oberon (Michigan--one of the best breweries I've ever come across), Goose Island IPA (Chicago), Anchor Brewing (SF)--Anchor Steam, New Castle, Fat Tire Amber, Becks, and one of my all time favorites, Guinness. Now one of my all time favorite seasonals, which is one of the hardest beers to find, ever, is the Sam Adams Fezziwig Ale (spellings wrong I'm sure).

You got some nice selections. I have a Long Trail Ale sitting in front of me right now, and may have to walk to the fridge and switch to Guinness. Of course I have the fixings to make a batch of my own Red Ale in the fridge right now as well. :)

I agree Sam Adams, is not a bad beer, but its really nothing ..... interesting. It's a very nice beer but not earth shattering. I also get a kick out of there commericals when they talk about how much noble hops they use. It's like a baker claiming "our cake is better because we put in 3 pound or pure cane sugar, more than anyone else" Its a recipe, and just like anything else, more is not allways better (trust me, have have made super hopped beers that make your face pucker)

-dave

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I've never had Beach Bum, but because it's Busch I'm gonna take a guess that I wouldn't like it.

While on the topic of beer, how is the beer at that place over at Boardwalk? Big River Grille & Brewing Works? They list a summer seasonal and winter seasonal along with their regular brews. Thinking about having dinner there just for the beer, wondered if it was worth it.

They do vary it somewhat, but recent offerings at Big River were:

Southern Flyer Light Lager - "light gold, light-bodied, extremely refreshing"

Gadzooks Pilsner - "golden, medium-bodied, crisp finish"

Steamboat Pale Ale - 'golden color, medium bodied, flavorful finish"

Rocket Red Ale - "red in color, robust body, malty finish"

Sweet Magnolia Brown Ale (Winter Seasonal) - "light brown, medium-bodied, subtle sweet finish"

Summer Seasonal Wowser's Wheat - "light gold, light-bodied, effervescent finish"

Figment1986

because they do? universal sells some Busch products as well, brewery and theme parks are not necessarily same company if you think about it, esp right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom