Seas with Nemo & Friends Broken Effects

RSoxNo1

The ride itself is relatively low grade, but I thought they did a great job with the queue. With working effects the ride is sufficient for a dark ride. It wasn't meant to be a gate buster, and I'm assuming it didn't have a very large budget.

hoke2007

I really enjoy the Nemo ride at Epcot. Sure, its not the greatest ride ever, but its a nice little ride that serves as a nice entrance to the pavilion. The queue is amazing. :)

Testtrack321

I really enjoy the Nemo ride at Epcot. Sure, its not the greatest ride ever, but its a nice little ride that serves as a nice entrance to the pavilion. The queue is amazing. :)

I agree with you, so what it's not huge and epic, it doesn't have to be. This complements the animals and the bigger points of the pavilion...

hoke2007

I agree with you, so what it's not huge and epic, it doesn't have to be. This complements the animals and the bigger points of the pavilion...

Exactly. It's a lot better than just leaving it vacant like it was a few years ago. It's a nice ride for families and little kids. And that queue is awesome!

Disneyson 1

"Here in this hostile world is where this thread begins...We are alone...But soon we work as a team and want TLS back...Together!

It takes 15 thousand years to refurb this attraction...!"

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

:ROFLOL::sohappy::ROFLOL::sohappy:
:D

I was literally laughing out loud at this!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Instead of balance, what we got was a complete disregard to the original purpose and ideals behind The Living Seas and EPCOT Center, reducing what was once a very informative, inspiring, and futuristic pavilion into what is essentially a Fantasyland style ride and play area.

Sadly this happened to the entire park over a decade ago. What we got with Seas was the best to be hoped for - the alternatives were a shuttered ride, gutted preshow and stagnating pavilion, or worse another private events building.

Too true. Even Test Track, an attraction that I really enjoy, doesn't really fit into what I used to think Epcot was supposed to be about. The Nemo attractions in the Seas are actually pretty good. Turtle Talk is very well executed, and the ride is enjoyable. But at this point, it is too easy for people to go through that attraction and pay no attention to the real animals, and you needn't actually learn anything either.

This, in my opinion, is actually fixable. Upon exiting the ride, just send people up an escalator, which would have to be newly built, and the have a bunch of program going on relating to the big aquarium. Sure, people could still run right to Turtle Talk and the exits if they desire, but it wouldn't be the default as it seems to be now.

And back to the original post, I really hope they get the anglerfish fixed soon. Like the Yeti, the attractions suffers signfiicantly when it is off.

2epcot_shaman

To be honest, I really think a Nemo integrated Living Seas could have worked. The problem is WDI went too much with the cute, whimsical aspect instead of the more serious, educational approach, and as a result, Nemo took over. There was definitely a chance for a nice balance between the two, a way to revitalize The Living Seas by bringing in Nemo while at the same time not letting Nemo swim wild and transform the pavilion completely.

Instead of balance, what we got was a complete disregard to the original purpose and ideals behind The Living Seas and EPCOT Center, reducing what was once a very informative, inspiring, and futuristic pavilion into what is essentially a Fantasyland style ride and play area.

You are judging The Seas with Nemo by the quality and values of the Old EPCOT, unfortunately this no longer exists in any form !! Is this unfortunate? ABSOLUTELY !!! The old EPCOT was about educating through quality entertainment. The new Epcot (lowercase), and all of WDW for that matter, is about bringing in as many people as possible, to increase pofit margins. Simple as that !!

tirian

You are judging The Seas with Nemo by the quality and values of the Old EPCOT, unfortunately this no longer exists in any form !! Is this unfortunate? ABSOLUTELY !!! The old EPCOT was about educating through quality entertainment. The new Epcot (lowercase), and all of WDW for that matter, is about bringing in as many people as possible, to increase pofit margins. Simple as that !!

Trivia: Walt's original spelling—and the name of the film that introduced the Florida Project—was "Epcot"; EPCOT Center was the theme park. In a weird way, the new spelling is a return to the original spelling (NOT intent, of course!).

I agree with your sentiments, though. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom