Seas with Nemo and Friends: anglerfish not working

BigThunderMatt

The Angler Fish has been working fine for the past few months now. Been on the attraction a number of times since this summer and I have always seen it moving. Seems safe to say that whatever the problem was needed a somewhat lengthy fix and they now have it under control.

Working completely? Or just moving? I believe the entire fish, mouth and all, has to be fully functional and moving for it to be considered 'A' mode.

Tom Morrow

Was there last week and its actually in a limited movement mode. In full mode it goes all over the place, in circles, far from your clamshell and close to it. In this mode, it kind of just goes back and forth, not getting too far from the "front" (near the clamshell).

But, at least its moving.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The Angler Fish has been working fine for the past few months now. Been on the attraction a number of times since this summer and I have always seen it moving. Seems safe to say that whatever the problem was needed a somewhat lengthy fix and they now have it under control.

Perhaps I just got particularly unlucky, but when my family and I rode in October, it was not working.

Biff215

The whole ride was unacceptable in the first place.

Really? You liked the shuttered Sea Cabs that preceded it? I understand that everyone has an opinion on good and bad attractions, but personally I'm happy that they put some time and money into it and got it back open. JMHO.

Glad to hear the angler fish is back in action, look forward to seeing him in a few days!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've never seen it down before... This is considered a shock for me! lol

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

RSoxNo1

My understanding on the Angler Fish is that it hasn't been broken for extended periods of time, but during any given day it can break.

Scuttle

My understanding on the Angler Fish is that it hasn't been broken for extended periods of time, but during any given day it can break.

That's my experience as well, but more often than than not it is stationary. IMO it looks horrible. Some broken effects look ok, but this one looks bad. I know February 29 and February 6 it was stationary.

TylerFG

I never really did care much for the Angler Fish (Because I always forget it's there and it always ends up scaring the crap out of me, lol.) But I think that it does need to be fixed again. I don't remember if it was working the last time I was there (August 2011) but it doesn't really sond like it's hard to fix.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I never really did care much for the Angler Fish (Because I always forget it's there and it always ends up scaring the crap out of me, lol.) But I think that it does need to be fixed again. I don't remember if it was working the last time I was there (August 2011) but it doesn't really sond like it's hard to fix.

Earlier in the thread it was discussed the Kuka arm isn't up to what's required of of it. Hence it can break and be fixed over and over until a point comes when either its forgotten about or replaced for something more suitable.

captainkidd

Earlier in the thread it was discussed the Kuka arm isn't up to what's required of of it. Hence it can break and be fixed over and over until a point comes when either its forgotten about or replaced for something more suitable.

Given Disney's recent reputation for giving up on things that don't work properly, I'd say they'll just remove it.

Not trying to turn this into a Disney vs. Universal thing, but anyone remember what happened when King Kong started having major problems at Kongfrontation? Universal sucked it up, closed it down, and spent $100 million dollars on arguably, at the time anyways, the most advanced thrill ride in the world.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Given Disney's recent reputation for giving up on things that don't work properly, I'd say they'll just remove it.

Not trying to turn this into a Disney vs. Universal thing, but anyone remember what happened when King Kong started having major problems at Kongfrontation? Universal sucked it up, closed it down, and spent $100 million dollars on arguably, at the time anyways, the most advanced thrill ride in the world.

Or rather Universal sued the third parties who installed Konfrontation, Earthquake and Jaws and heavily modified / rebuilt them at great cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom